The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

"Yoshi!!! YOSHI!!!"

So.....who was that little kid? Was Mitsu and her family actually the ancestors of Hamato Yoshi? Anyone out there see an early script for the movie that might give them a backstory that actually tied them to the greater Turtles mythos? I know some people think that Norinaga may have been Saki's ancestor, but wouldn't it be cool if Mitsu and her family were Yoshi's? The fact that way back in the 17th century (that is where TMNT 3 takes place, right?) the Hamato and Oroku clans shared a common ancestery, would really, well to me anyway, breathe new life into the 3rd movie, and make it tie it back to the others. Heck, Whit is (implied to be) Casey's ancestor, so maybe it's not to far off to assume that Kenshin and Norinaga are Orokus and Mitsu and Yoshi are in fact Hamatos.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So.....who was that little kid? Was Mitsu and her family actually the ancestors of Hamato Yoshi? Anyone out there see an early script for the movie that might give them a backstory that actually tied them to the greater Turtles mythos? I know some people think that Norinaga may have been Saki's ancestor, but wouldn't it be cool if Mitsu and her family were Yoshi's? The fact that way back in the 17th century (that is where TMNT 3 takes place, right?) the Hamato and Oroku clans shared a common ancestery, would really, well to me anyway, breathe new life into the 3rd movie, and make it tie it back to the others. Heck, Whit is (implied to be) Casey's ancestor, so maybe it's not to far off to assume that Kenshin and Norinaga are Orokus and Mitsu and Yoshi are in fact Hamatos.
wouldn't that mean that the two families were at one point unified (i'm assuming Mitsu and Kenshin married after the events of the movie). and out there somewhere... there is a hamato-oroku descendant running around? and only after saki or nagi betrayed that union... were the two clans once again pitted against each other.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
there is a hamato-oroku descendant running around? and only after saki or nagi betrayed that union... were the two clans once again pitted against each other.
In Mirage vol 4 in the Nexus Leo befriends an Oroku Yoshi who took up the Shredder mantle in his universe.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
wouldn't that mean that the two families were at one point unified (i'm assuming Mitsu and Kenshin married after the events of the movie). and out there somewhere... there is a hamato-oroku descendant running around? and only after saki or nagi betrayed that union... were the two clans once again pitted against each other.
In the movie verse it would Saki who breached the union, but yes. It builds a much deeper mythology if Kenshin was a Oroku and Mitsu was a Hamato...though it's very Romeo and Juliet...

Old 09-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
In the movie verse it would Saki who breached the union, but yes. It builds a much deeper mythology if Kenshin was a Oroku and Mitsu was a Hamato...though it's very Romeo and Juliet...
yea.. .it was and it would. the turtles visiting yoshi would also mean that they got to meet their sensei's sensei. if this was confirmed to be a part of the script (that they met hamato yoshi himself)... it would give the movie more meaning. the costumes and plot sucked... but still a solid idea.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
yea.. .it was and it would. the turtles visiting yoshi would also mean that they got to meet their sensei's sensei. if this was confirmed to be a part of the script (that they met hamato yoshi himself)... it would give the movie more meaning. the costumes and plot sucked... but still a solid idea.
Too much time had passed for it to be THE Hamato Yoshi, but his great x10 grandpappy wouldn't be a huge stretch.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I always wondered that myself,Jester. Yoshi is a common Japanese name especially used in the media.

The thing is we don't know who Yoshi's father is. Kenshin would be the step father not father of Mitsu's child if he was an Oroku. Lord Norinaga is a corrupt warlord much like in The Legend of Koji Shredder's ancestor was a weak yet hot headed warlord. I wondered who the biological father of Mtsu's son was. If he was an Oroku or if Kenshin and Norinaga was and would be a step to a Yoshi instead of an actual blood connection.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Yoshi is Mitsu's brother...

Old 09-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Too much time had passed for it to be THE Hamato Yoshi, but his great x10 grandpappy wouldn't be a huge stretch.
oh yea... my bad. i remember seeing someone else talking about this. that the fact that mike saved yoshi from the fire and leo reviving... (if that yoshi was in fact related to their hamato yoshi)... they'd have had a hand in their creation as well. i think it was somewhere in this forum or elsewhere.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #10
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Trying to figure this out is just like trying to figure out what happened between Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks in Zelda. I don't think we need a big discussion on the topic, I think that we should accept what is implied and move on. No offense Jester.

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
Trying to figure this out is just like trying to figure out what happened between Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks in Zelda. I don't think we need a big discussion on the topic, I think that we should accept what is implied and move on.
You realize this is a discussion board, right? It's what we do.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

You raise an interesting question about if ancestors were in this movie. As has been said I think it is heavily implied that the one character is supposed to be related to Casey. I always thought it was a stretch to include him instead of just having Casey go along for the ride. But I like the idea that the families could have had contact with the TMNT and that the Turtles could have had a run in with the Oroku clan. Now I'll have to rewatch it and see if there are any clues/hints.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Not a bad idea...I might have to do that myself.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Yoshi is Mitsu's brother...
Really? She is old enough to be his mom! I have seen the movie about ten times over the years and always thought they were mother/son.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #15
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Really? She is old enough to be his mom! I have seen the movie about ten times over the years and always thought they were mother/son.
yea same here... and she always had that motherly vibe to her when talking to yoshi.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #16
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I could imagine Kenshin and Mitsu being Hamato Yoshi's direct ancestors, though I don't see the Oroku family having any connection with them.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #17
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Yoshi and Mitsu were brother/sister. Mitsu was rather young to be the mother of an 8 year old. She had to have been around 18.

As for Whitt, Yeah he was definatly Casey's ancestor.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
Xav
Foot Elite

The actress playing her was 27.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #19
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
The actress playing [Mitsu] was 27.
Yea, so what? Michael J. Fox was in his mid 20s when they filmed Back to the Future, and almost 30 when they filmed the sequels.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Besides, Raphael says that Mitsu's "little brother" hid the scepter under the house.

Tags
live-action films