The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #141
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...venom-costume/

I wonder if he has any idea, or barring that if no one has ever explained to Tom Hardy that he's not starring in "The next big MCU movie" or even something that immediately makes any sense in whatever Spider-verse they've unsuccessfully been trying to launch for years... but just this odd duck project that's sort of locked in a very strange corner.
They might be basing it off the Agent Venom comics when Flash became Venom and a secret Agent

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Eugene_Thompson_(Earth-616)
Old 12-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #142
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
They might be basing it off the Agent Venom comics when Flash became Venom and a secret Agent

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Eugene_Thompson_(Earth-616)
I personally would't mind seeing that
Old 12-02-2017, 05:03 PM   #143
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'd love to see agent venom but i know many would be disappointed to not have 90s Venom after they messed up with Topher Grace.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:10 PM   #144
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I will be disappointed if we don't get anything but a 90's venom or something along the lines of the Ultimate Spiderman Game. Thats probably my favorite venom.

I don't think the concept or idea of "Agent Venom" is bad, I have never even heard of it until now, but I just want so the latter so badly!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:01 PM   #145
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The biggest problem is.... Venom is basically evil Spider-Man with big teeth. It's hard to somehow make a movie about him without Spider-Man in it at all since his entire motif is evil Spider-Man who's out for revenge on Spider-Man. If the movie has any sort of motive besides revenge on Spider-Man, it's already doing it wrong.

The only way I could see it if you somehow skip the origin and go straight to him being a Lethal Protector and fight against Carnage. But you know the first movie usually has to be an origin story somehow, so I have no idea how they plan to do an origin story without Spider-Man. Some other villain might work that's not as closely tied to Spider-Man, but again, Venom is basically evil Spider-Man.

This is just dumb. The general public is frothing at the mouth to see Venom they seem to have forgotten he's a damn Spider-Man villain and a movie without him won't work. Basically it's like making the Man or Steel be about Bizzaro instead of the real deal and have him fight Doomsday, with no mention of Superman at all.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-02-2017, 06:54 PM   #146
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The biggest problem is.... Venom is basically evil Spider-Man with big teeth. It's hard to somehow make a movie about him without Spider-Man in it at all since his entire motif is evil Spider-Man who's out for revenge on Spider-Man. If the movie has any sort of motive besides revenge on Spider-Man, it's already doing it wrong.

The only way I could see it if you somehow skip the origin and go straight to him being a Lethal Protector and fight against Carnage. But you know the first movie usually has to be an origin story somehow, so I have no idea how they plan to do an origin story without Spider-Man. Some other villain might work that's not as closely tied to Spider-Man, but again, Venom is basically evil Spider-Man.

This is just dumb. The general public is frothing at the mouth to see Venom they seem to have forgotten he's a damn Spider-Man villain and a movie without him won't work. Basically it's like making the Man or Steel be about Bizzaro instead of the real deal and have him fight Doomsday, with no mention of Superman at all.
This, all of it.

I don't know how on earth they expect to make Venom work as a character if they're not allowed to use Spider-Man at all. Are they just gonna tiptoe around it and refer to "that kid in the red and blue tights"?

Even that wouldn't work because if Peter Parker never had the symbiotic suit, why would it hate him if he'd never even had the opportunity to abandon it?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #147
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I dunno I could see this working as a mix between a werewolf/thing motif, imagine some random Joe got the symbiotic and while it improved his life it also made him more aggressive and violent and the end where he becomes a monster and starts eating people. I could see a decent horror story out of it.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:31 PM   #148
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
This, all of it.

I don't know how on earth they expect to make Venom work as a character if they're not allowed to use Spider-Man at all. Are they just gonna tiptoe around it and refer to "that kid in the red and blue tights"?

Even that wouldn't work because if Peter Parker never had the symbiotic suit, why would it hate him if he'd never even had the opportunity to abandon it?
Not just that, the overall design, the spiderman logo, the damn webbing. Do people forget that Venom also swings through the city like Spider-Man???

Old 12-02-2017, 08:52 PM   #149
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Not just that, the overall design, the spiderman logo, the damn webbing. Do people forget that Venom also swings through the city like Spider-Man???
See, that right there all makes me wonder if they really are taking significant inspiration from the Agent Venom aspects of the character and I just don't know how well Sony could pull that off

We could be set to witness a Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine-level f#ck up here
Old 12-02-2017, 11:27 PM   #150
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
See, that right there all makes me wonder if they really are taking significant inspiration from the Agent Venom aspects of the character and I just don't know how well Sony could pull that off

We could be set to witness a Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine-level f#ck up here
Yeah, and again, while they might possibly create the perfect rendition of Agent Venom..... its not the Venom anyone is going to want. Plus, Flash Thompson has only been seen as douchey in cinema so it would be weird to suddenly see him as a hero and losing his legs in a war. It sure as hell can't be the same youngster from Spider-Man Homecoming.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:09 AM   #151
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Yeah, and again, while they might possibly create the perfect rendition of Agent Venom..... its not the Venom anyone is going to want. Plus, Flash Thompson has only been seen as douchey in cinema so it would be weird to suddenly see him as a hero and losing his legs in a war. It sure as hell can't be the same youngster from Spider-Man Homecoming.
I agree with the former. The latter, who knows... maybe between movies Flash does and it becomes this heart-wrenching thing. Back on the former... yeah. So many people complained about Topher in SM3 (even though he, from my understanding... played about an 85% accurate Ultimate Spider-Man version of Venom, which was popular at the time) saying they wanted the Todd McFarlane Venom... it'd seem a very strange choice to me now for Sony to go with the "flavor of the month that didn't endure in some random 2010s comics" version of Venom (Agent Venom or whatever) for their big screen experiment that everyone already expects to fail.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #152
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I dunno I could see this working as a mix between a werewolf/thing motif, imagine some random Joe got the symbiotic and while it improved his life it also made him more aggressive and violent and the end where he becomes a monster and starts eating people. I could see a decent horror story out of it.
The problem is, if it was some random Joe, there would be no reason for Venom to look anything like Spider-Man and use webbing. People Eddie Brock.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:55 AM   #153
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

So it really seems like they're taking aspects from the Flash Thompson version of Venom (Agent Venom) and grafting them on to the Eddie Brock version of the character that Tom Hardy is playing for this film, likely because they can't use Flash as he appeared in Spider-Man: Homecoming and they can't use the typical Eddie Brock version of the character as that backstory is too tied into the Spider-Man mythos, which they also don't have access to.

Can An Agent Venom Movie Work Without Flash Thompson?

So this is likely just going to be a story about a military guy who bonds to a symbiotic alien, possibly after losing his legs in combat. Zero connection to Spider-Man.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:09 PM   #154
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
So it really seems like they're taking aspects from the Flash Thompson version of Venom (Agent Venom) and grafting them on to the Eddie Brock version of the character that Tom Hardy is playing for this film, likely because they can't use Flash as he appeared in Spider-Man: Homecoming and they can't use the typical Eddie Brock version of the character as that backstory is too tied into the Spider-Man mythos, which they also don't have access to.

So this is likely just going to be a story about a military guy who bonds to a symbiotic alien, possibly after losing his legs in combat. Zero connection to Spider-Man.
So, shall we call this the Spiderless Extended Universe?
Old 12-05-2017, 12:16 PM   #155
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So, shall we call this the Spiderless Extended Universe?
lmao might as well

I predict that there will be no spider on Agent Venom's suit, just something reminiscent of the spider design. Or it's there but for some totally superficial reason, like "because it looks cool" or something
Old 12-05-2017, 10:59 PM   #156
Coola Yagami
Overlord

At first I ask... then why even make the movie at all??? but then I remember these guys are forced to make a new movie every couple of years to prevent losing the license, but at the rate, guys, just give it up already.

I'm expecting them to release like... a Mole Man movie or a Silver Surfer movie just so they won't lose the Fantastic Four license.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:30 AM   #157
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
I'm expecting them to release like... a Mole Man movie or a Silver Surfer movie just so they won't lose the Fantastic Four license.
They've tried for decades, and honestly, it could totally work if done right.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #159
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Shocking. Tom Hardy looks EXACTLY like Tom Hardy!
Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #160
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Where is the blonde hair? Dyed or a wig, Tom Hardy needs blonde hair to play Venom. It create more of the look of the character is playing. If he is doing everything he can then fix the hair. Yes, I know, I am nitpicking!

Tags
i love pg-13, sony lucks out