The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #61
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Do you think we'll get Lego figs of Leatherhead and Metalhead?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 AM   #62
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Do you think we'll get Lego figs of Leatherhead and Metalhead?
I don't know how they could resist leatherhead... if you have paid attention to LEGO these past few years they have been doing a lot of "supersize" figures

LEGO Wampa from Star Wars Ep V
LEGO Cave Troll from LotR
LEGO Goblin King from the new Hobbit movie
LEGO Rancor from SW Ep VI coming later this year
and my personal favorite... LEGO Hulk!

They could do Leatherhead as one of these larger figures and he would look GREAT. Having one of these large figures in a set really adds value both for fans, collectors and those that just like to see new parts. I really hope they do one.

Metalhead should be very easy! And yes, I hope they make him.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #63
zodach
Foot Soldier

There should definitely be a second wave of LEGO tmnt that will be released around July/August next year. I would love to see a classics cartoon set released as an exclusive somewhere. It would be great to get Bebop, Rocksteady, and the purple Foot soldier.
zodach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #64
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Looks like you can get a free poster at Toys R Us (online) on Lego TMNT orders over $25.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=17370646

SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #65
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
For reference here is the markups toysrus.com is advertising based on the MSRP prices straight from lego (rounded up to nearest percent):

79100 Kraang Lab Escape - 90 pieces, $12.99 TRU price: 17.99 (39% higher)
79101 Shredder's Dragon Bike - 198 pieces, $24.99 TRU price 34.99 (40% higher)
79102 Stealth Shell Persuit - 162 pieces, $19.99 TRU price: $27.99 (40% higher)
79103 Turtle Lair Attack - 488 pieces, $49.99 TRU does not seem to carry this
79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase - 620 pieces, $59.99 TRU price: 79.99 (34% higher)
79105 Baxter Robot Rampage (Hard to Find) - 397 pieces, $39.99 TRU price 34.99 (12% higher)

If you can get a good discount via coupons or promotions, more power to you, for everyone else, for every set other than the Baxter set it is probably worth waiting it out unless you are impatient
Are these prices from the TRU website, because I've only ever seen the Stealth Shell Pursuit at 22.99 and the Shredder Bike at 27.99, both of which felt fairly reasonable at a $3 markup.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #66
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior

I gotta say, not a huge Lego fan, but the 4 dudes look very nice. I gotta get those

However there's still no official release date for them in Germany (same **** with the new playmate series)
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #67
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
Are these prices from the TRU website, because I've only ever seen the Stealth Shell Pursuit at 22.99 and the Shredder Bike at 27.99, both of which felt fairly reasonable at a $3 markup.
Those are the website prices, I have not checked in store but a picture posted earlier in this thread confirms that the prices are accurate in-store, depending on the store, I'm sure they set the prices per-store based on many factors.

If I found each set at only $3 mark-up i'd probably pick them up on-the-spot. a $3 increase is reasonable, though it is still pushing it for the $12.99 set.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #68
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

I should have that poster along with some sets next Tuesday.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #69
dkram230
Stone Warrior

According to an associate at the Mall Of America Lego store, the reason Toys R Us prices are higher is because they need to recoup the cost of the penalty they will have to incur from Lego by breaching their contract and offering these before the official release date. He stated that this is very common for Toys R Us to do, and for that reason they must always sell enough to make it worthwhile since they keep doing it.
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #70
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Those are the website prices, I have not checked in store but a picture posted earlier in this thread confirms that the prices are accurate in-store, depending on the store, I'm sure they set the prices per-store based on many factors.

If I found each set at only $3 mark-up i'd probably pick them up on-the-spot. a $3 increase is reasonable, though it is still pushing it for the $12.99 set.
Yeah that's what I figured I would have checked myself but the TRU website is blocked on my work computer. I was surprised to see the higher prices I went a bit crazy when I saw they were out and went Tri-State (Mass, RI, and Connecticut) and those were the prices I saw and as you said at only a $3 mark-up picked up the ones I wanted on-the-spot.

Couldn't find any Kraang lab escapes or Baxter's though
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #71
BubbaShelby
Foot Soldier

The basic $12.99 set was priced at $19.99 at my local toys R Us today! I didn't even bother to see how hard they were trying to screw people on the bigger sets.

An almost 50% mark-up!?!? NO THANKS! I don't want to be a Toys R Us kid.
BubbaShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #72
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkram230 View Post
According to an associate at the Mall Of America Lego store, the reason Toys R Us prices are higher is because they need to recoup the cost of the penalty they will have to incur from Lego by breaching their contract and offering these before the official release date. He stated that this is very common for Toys R Us to do, and for that reason they must always sell enough to make it worthwhile since they keep doing it.
That falls in line with what I've heard but that sure is a wacky business decision. Sure a few early adopters may not mind paying such a high markup for the sets but over the course of the lifetime of a set, that markup must cut into sales.

My favorite strategy is to add the sets to my amazon wish list and then watch it very closely, checking several times per day. Not only can you reguarly get sets for 20%, 30% or sometimes more discounted, if you are willing to purchase sets with damaged boxes (usually dents or tears, nothing that damages the contents) you can get sets substantially discounts that way as well.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #73
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

LEGO TMNT designer videos

Pt. 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ZXsg6YfB4 <-- mostly goes over the minifigs
Pt. 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-XS-DRp2M8<-- has detailed look at the lair and shellraiser sets

Last edited by Zulithe; 12-12-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #74
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
man i so can't wait to get these

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #75
tiger
Foot Soldier

lego tmnt

any release date for canada?
tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #76
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I loved LEGOs when I was a kid so I do want to get something from this line. My main priority however is just to get a Raphael, Shredder, and a Leatherhead (if they make one) minifigure. I don't really care about the LEGO build that comes with the minifigures. I guess I'll just wait and see how I can go about doing that in the future. Great to see these though.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #77
Veedubguy83
Hench Mutant

Quote:
That falls in line with what I've heard but that sure is a wacky business decision. Sure a few early adopters may not mind paying such a high markup for the sets but over the course of the lifetime of a set, that markup must cut into sales.

My favorite strategy is to add the sets to my amazon wish list and then watch it very closely, checking several times per day. Not only can you reguarly get sets for 20%, 30% or sometimes more discounted, if you are willing to purchase sets with damaged boxes (usually dents or tears, nothing that damages the contents) you can get sets substantially discounts that way as well.
This is the way to do it, Amazon is one of the best places to purchase Lego's... They are always having discounts on them and if you get them through the Warehouse deals its even better, as long as you don't mind damaged packaging...
Veedubguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #78
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
any release date for canada?
haven't heard but i'm hopin they should be out. going to check Walmart today

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #79
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

I just bought the Baxter Robot Rampage set at my local TRU given it's an exclusive set from the way it sounds here.

It's a pretty good and complicated build. The robot is really cool too once you get it all built and I also find the Donatello in this set has one of the better facial expressions.

Raph, Baxter, and April are all cool minimates to have as well.

I wonder if the flying vehicle Raph uses in this set is from the cartoon, or will be. I know the go-kart thing Donnie drives is one of those vehicles recently shown in the toon...
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #80
Endurs03
Stone Warrior

As a kid I grew up on K'Nex. I loved them dearly, especially the roller coaster I got for Christmas. I worked on it for 12 hours straight to the next day....It was glorious.

I'm only mentioning this because this was my first set of Lego's I've built....

Well done Lego, well done. Had a blast and they look just great. A few shots of mine are below....

There were a few hiccups on Baxter's build. I recommend being careful with the window sticker, mine was slightly misaligned so I pulled it up and the window area pulled all the grime off the Lego and now the window is foggy. Hardly a big deal....but just saying.

Enjoy the shots, if you you want any other views I'll be happy to take a pic.

Spoiler:

Endurs03 is offline   Reply With Quote