The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Body certainly looks like the 2007 movie figures and the head looks a little like the 4Kids toys.
So that's the flaw.
Would you buy?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Yeah, as you can see behind his knees.
The one i'm holding is............... Raph right?

Sorry... noob question but i can't tell what turtles these are.
Head looks like 4kids but body looks like 2007 movie turtle.
Anybody know?
Yeah, they look like a weird 2007/2003 hybrid, but they are actually nice, and they have pupils, and their eyes don't look derpy like they usually do with bootlegs (or playmates )

Also like the long bandanas, only negative I can point is that they're missing their signature weapons. Do they all come with swords?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Yeah, they look like a weird 2007/2003 hybrid, but they are actually nice, and they have pupils, and their eyes don't look derpy like they usually do with bootlegs (or playmates )

Also like the long bandanas, only negative I can point is that they're missing their signature weapons. Do they all come with swords?
I don't know.
I will have to go get one to find out.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:30 AM   #4
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_T View Post
Hi, all.
First of all, some sort of introduction: I live in Serbia, Eastern Europe, a place that's heaven on earth for bootleg collectors. I' ve joined these boards just to share the excitement of my TMNT bootleg finds with you . Hope you like them!

Before we go onto the pics, a disclaimer: these toys belog to my four- years old son, so they are far from mint condition, but, as you'll see, some of them stand up pretty well to the test of time (considering that the 1st wave is almost 3 years old).

It all started back in 2003, i think, with those four bad boys:

As you can see, they all share the same body colour. Their belts are just painted on and cannot be removed. As for the accessories, they all LOOKED the same as the originals, but there were some problems - eg. Don's axe and sword cannot be attached to the bo, Leo had only one suction cup and Mike's and Raph's climing thingies don't work at all. Here's the pic of two different types of their backs:

They all came on the same looking card - Mike w/bio card on the back, all 4 turtles on the front. (BTW, these were the toys I tried to send to TMNTgal who I know from heman.org, but things didn't quite work out since... well, let's just say that the great number of bootlegs is the smallest of this country's problems ).

Some time later, we got this Shredder (whose legs can't move) and Splinter, mounted on the same card as the original 4 turtles - the cardback also featured a Foot Soldier whom I could never find:

A while later, I found this Giant Mike. Like the rest of the turtles released with him, he came with one pair of nunchukus (?), one bo staff and one katana sword. On his chest, you can see a red light that, activated by pressing a button below his belt:

There was nothing new for a while, but then this month alone I found... (continued in a new post)....

EDIT: These pics seem to be much larger than I expected. I'll edit the post in a few minutes. Sorry if I'm breaking any image size rules!
That's what my giant Mike was! I wondered about the quality control on it.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:21 PM   #5
aliena
Hench Mutant

I'm looking into getting the NECA Bootlegs with the colored masks. Are they worth getting? Does anyone know a good seller?

Also, I have the Revoltech turtles and I'm hoping mine are not bootlegged. How can I tell the difference? I bought mine from a reputable online company in Oct and I think that should be fairly safe, but just in case.

Thanks for any info you can give me.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
Also, I have the Revoltech turtles and I'm hoping mine are not bootlegged. How can I tell the difference?
If you bought them from a US/Japanese seller, & are able to mess around with them without parts falling off, they're legit.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #7
aliena
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
If you bought them from a US/Japanese seller, & are able to mess around with them without parts falling off, they're legit.
They don't work with the stands, but other than that they seem sturdy.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:07 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

Mine are legit & I have some difficulties in that way too (also Leo's one sold holder thingy won't stay in) so I'd say you're fine if that's the only issue.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #9
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

I'm considering buying the boot legs for display , are they worth it ? I know I wouldn't be able to get the real ones because they're too pricey.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:46 PM   #10
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Anyone have any info on this guy? I found one at a little antique/collector shop for $5. The one I bought has an orange bandana. I tried doing some quick searching on google but only found this picture. He's about 6 or 7 inches tall, made of ceramic and has a hole in the bottom like a bank but no coin slot.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #11
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

hey guys, im looking for mexican bootlegs....does anyone have any? straight from mexico...90s.
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #12
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Does anyone have the bootlegs of the 2016 sdcc exclusive Arcade Turtles? I wasn’t able to get my hands on the official release and I’m wondering what the quality of the ones coming out of China now are?
Thanks

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:44 PM   #13
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I know it's a little late on the ceramic turtles with the hole in the bottom; it's to aid in the baking process for the ceramic, to let out the hot air so it won't get trapped inside and subsequently make the clay explode/break.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:06 AM   #14
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
Does anyone have the bootlegs of the 2016 sdcc exclusive Arcade Turtles? I wasn’t able to get my hands on the official release and I’m wondering what the quality of the ones coming out of China now are?
Thanks
I purchased a set of the knockoff arcade turtles and I absolutely love the ones I received. The joints are tight, the paint detail is nice and they truly look and feel like the real deal. A coworker has the real set and I honestly cannot tell much of a difference. This is just for the turtles though, as I never bought the Foot set, but I did buy Shredder...which is decent quality as well.

You seriously cannot beat the price either. My knockoff set cost under $30 for all four turtles.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #15
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I purchased a set of the knockoff arcade turtles and I absolutely love the ones I received. The joints are tight, the paint detail is nice and they truly look and feel like the real deal. A coworker has the real set and I honestly cannot tell much of a difference. This is just for the turtles though, as I never bought the Foot set, but I did buy Shredder...which is decent quality as well.

You seriously cannot beat the price either. My knockoff set cost under $30 for all four turtles.
Thanks for the info! I do have a Ko arcade shredder and it’s joint and paint apps are great, I was hoping the turtles would be the same.
Mind if I ask where you got yours? I just purchased a set on eBay, but it was nowhere near as good of a deal as the price you paid.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:58 AM   #16
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
Anyone have any info on this guy? I found one at a little antique/collector shop for $5. The one I bought has an orange bandana. I tried doing some quick searching on google but only found this picture. He's about 6 or 7 inches tall, made of ceramic and has a hole in the bottom like a bank but no coin slot. https://78.media.tumblr.com/9806f286...4mr8o1_500.jpg
back around 2005-2006 there was a little paint workshop at the local mall in my area. The store concept was you go in, buy a figure (unpainted), then they supply the paint etc for you to sit down and paint it. Decided to walk through and look around while killing time and came across some TMNT molds. I remember there was 1 turtle (I think the sculpture youve posted) and shredder to pick from. I remember thinking the turtle looked pretty ugly but the shredder was decent

Afraid I don't have much more info then that, but hope it gives you something to work with
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 04:16 AM   #17
LuckyDearly
Banned

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUT...8AAOSwHTlbrSon

okay this is a weird looking April bootleg
LuckyDearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:47 PM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDearly View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUT...8AAOSwHTlbrSon

okay this is a weird looking April bootleg
Looks like the perfect thing for a TMNT Horror Movie!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:41 PM   #19
chrisso
New Recruit

spotted another near perfect "Cerebral" Kraang doing pre order in taobao, this giant is 42cm tall

Last edited by chrisso; 11-12-2018 at 07:48 PM.
chrisso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:09 PM   #20
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnskull View Post
back around 2005-2006 there was a little paint workshop at the local mall in my area. The store concept was you go in, buy a figure (unpainted), then they supply the paint etc for you to sit down and paint it. Decided to walk through and look around while killing time and came across some TMNT molds. I remember there was 1 turtle (I think the sculpture youve posted) and shredder to pick from. I remember thinking the turtle looked pretty ugly but the shredder was decent

Afraid I don't have much more info then that, but hope it gives you something to work with
Extremely late replying to this, but thank you for that info! I've slowly been seeing various painted versions popping up on Ebay since I bought him and actually just Google searched for the unpainted one. I wanted to see the Shredder you're talking about so it got me curious Haha.

So now I've seen a few different turtles, a Splinter and then these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ceramic-Unpainted-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtle-Lot-Shredder-April-Mikey-Leo-Don/372529782329?hash=item56bc815e39:g:Z-4AAOSw5dlaIpjm

Is this the same or a different Shredder? If the set wasnt so expensive I'd actually be interested in buying them and painting them! The Shredder actually looks pretty sweet.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote