The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #121
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I'm wondering, who says that Bebop and Rocksteady have to be stupid and goofy like the OT or used for mere dumb muscle?
Well keep in mind these two are basically Juggernauts so the Turtles have to do something in order to beat and seeing how the Turtles are ninjas(albiet very strong/skilled ninjas compared to the generic foot fodder) so their only way in defeating Bebop and Rocksteady is to outsmart them.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:09 AM   #122
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Well keep in mind these two are basically Juggernauts so the Turtles have to do something in order to beat and seeing how the Turtles are ninjas(albiet very strong/skilled ninjas compared to the generic foot fodder) so their only way in defeating Bebop and Rocksteady is to outsmart them.
Not hardly. They basically just need to barely dodge some of their laser blasts and just wait for them to get tangled up in some cord or something and knock themselves out.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #123
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not hardly. They basically just need to barely dodge some of their laser blasts and just wait for them to get tangled up in some cord or something and knock themselves out.
Well I'm mostly thinking of the IDW version of Bebop and Rocksteady in which while they were stupid they were also dangerous and could be lethal if you one would underestimate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post

Dogpound and Fishface were initially this, especially based on how good they fought as Chris and Xever, but then they got weakened and rendered useless.
As for Bradford and Xever I prefer if they were human especially for Xever since his fightscenes weren't as impressive after he was mutated.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #124
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I think everyone has to agree that IDW Bebop and Rocksteady are the only versions of the character that should translate to film. Yes, they're stupid. But they're behemoths of destruction, murderous rampaging juggernauts.

They've:
  • Fought to a standstill with the Turtles, April, and Splinter ("City Fall")
  • Fought (and nearly beaten) the combined might of the Turtles and Splinter, the Mutanimals, and Alopex and Nobody ("New Mutant Order")
  • Killed Donatello* ("Attack on Technodrome")
  • Destroyed entire universes through time travel and kicked the crap out of Savanti Romero ("Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything")
They're stupid and they're almost unbeatable. Tell me you wouldn't pay to see those characters in a WELL WRITTEN and COMIC ACCURATE movie.

*for all practical intents and purposes
Old 11-02-2016, 10:36 AM   #125
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
They're stupid and they're almost unbeatable. Tell me you wouldn't pay to see those characters in a WELL WRITTEN and COMIC ACCURATE movie.
Really not interested in seeing them at all. And just having them be hired by legit characters (Karai, etc.) makes those characters dumb by design.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #126
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

(I promised I wouldn't make my own posts over here, but I think commenting is fine...)

Just adapt IDW for a TMNT film, all of it. IDW's takes on the characters work. It's nostalgia pandering done right, with all OT characters being overhauled to a point all OT flaws are gone. USE IDW Bebop and Rocksteady, they are lethal killing machines you barely survive in a battle, and have to be outsmarted. All of hatred and arguments against the IDW versions I've seen so far is simple bias against the OT versions, which has absolutely ZERO in common with the competence level and seriousness of the IDW versions.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 11-02-2016 at 09:24 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:29 AM   #127
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
It's nostalgia pandering
There's been more than enough of that so far.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #128
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
(I promised I wouldn't make my own posts over here, but I think commenting is fine...)

Just adapt IDW for a TMNT film, all of it. IDW's takes on the characters work. It's nostalgia pandering done right, with all OT characters being overhauled to a point all OT flwas are gone. USE IDW Bebop and Rocksteady, they are lethal killing machines you barely survive in a battle, and have to be outsmarted. All of hatred and arguments against the IDW versions I've seen so far is simple bias against the OT versions, which has absolutely ZERO in common with the competence level and seriousness of the IDW versions.
Dude, nobody wants to silence you. We don't even want you to stop sharing your own ideas; just create a one-time "Panda Fan Fic Ideas" or "Panda Improves the PD Universe" thread and keep posting there. Sorry for jumping down your throat on the previous thread.

And I absolutely agree with your bolded statement. The whole post, but ESPECIALLY that bolded statement.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:53 AM   #129
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Just adapt IDW for a TMNT film
Quote:
IDW's takes on the characters
Quote:
I think everyone has to agree that IDW Bebop and Rocksteady are the only versions of the character that should translate to film
Quote:
USE IDW Bebop and Rocksteady
Quote:
the IDW versions
Quote:
Yes, I do agree, IDW would be the ideal version to adapt characters and tone from.
Quote:
the competence level and seriousness of the IDW versions.
You might as well fess up now. You're not even trying anymore.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:19 PM   #130
ColinStein
Foot Soldier

Wait... do people here generally not like the IDW series?
Old 11-02-2016, 01:23 PM   #131
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStein View Post
It's generally well liked. It's well written, but it's really not for me.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:25 PM   #132
Allio
Foot Elite

no, if anyone doesn't like it, it's usually just a minority.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:37 PM   #133
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's generally well liked. It's well written, but it's really not for me.
Sadly though, I don't think any future version is gonna be to your liking. As I told you on Facebook, my own ideas for a 2034 remake borrow a lot from the Archie comics (though I don't plan on getting into the "environmental" stuff frequently touched on back then) and the Foot Clan isn't even a centuries old family business like it's been up to this point. It starts off as a martial arts school like Cobra Kai in The Karate Kid. To make a long story short, Mirage is dead. Leave it rest in peace.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #134
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Sadly though, I don't think any future version is gonna be to your liking. As I told you on Facebook, my own ideas for a 2034 remake borrow a lot from the Archie comics (though I don't plan on getting into the "environmental" stuff frequently touched on back then) and the Foot Clan isn't even a centuries old family business like it's been up to this point. It starts off as a martial arts school like Cobra Kai in The Karate Kid. To make a long story short, Mirage is dead. Leave it rest in peace.
I don't see what any of your fanfiction has to do with IDW, Mirage or... really anything in this thread, for that matter.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:55 PM   #135
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
The IDW series is critically acclaimed. Sometimes the pacing can be off and some characters get lost in the background, but I guess that's the nature of comic books in general.

You only have 12 issues a year with issues that are only 20 pages long, so its a fault of the medium rather than the writing itself.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:57 PM   #136
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The IDW series is critically acclaimed. Sometimes the pacing can be off and some characters get lost in the background, but I guess that's the nature of comic books in general.

You only have 12 issues a year with issues that are only 20 pages long, so its a fault of the medium rather than the writing itself.
I think it's fair to say that IDW TMNT is the most successful TMNT comic series ever. Most prolific, at the very least.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #137
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I think it's fair to say that IDW TMNT is the most successful TMNT comic series ever. Most prolific, at the very least.
It still needs to last 75 months in a row to surpass the Archie series in length. We're in month 64 (the same number of issues is the number of months its been out, of course)
Old 11-02-2016, 03:06 PM   #138
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
It still needs to last 75 months in a row to surpass the Archie series in length. We're in month 64 (the same number of issues is the number of months its been out, of course)
Yeah, but that's the ongoing only. Adding up all the (absolutely necessary) micro and mini series and now Universe, and we surpassed Archie a long ago.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:06 PM   #139
ColinStein
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Sometimes the pacing can be off and some characters get lost in the background, but I guess that's the nature of comic books in general..
TMNT Universe is for all those not as popular characters. Or at least, I assume. Waiting on a trade for that series.

And with those micro-series they used to do, there are more than just 64 issues if we want to split hairs.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:34 PM   #140
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah, but that's the ongoing only. Adding up all the (absolutely necessary) micro and mini series and now Universe, and we surpassed Archie a long ago.
Issue count doesn't matter, its the years/months it goes on for.

Archie TMNT went on for nearly a decade. I think the first issue was in 1988 and it went on to 1995.

Tags
tmnt 3