The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #141
cloud
Stone Warrior

Statues look really good in person
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 04:55 PM   #142
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
Found a little tour link shared on Facebook and went through all the different photos crossing my fingers. Sure enough here they are. Took a few screenshots for you all.

You can check out everything else here if you wish ... https://sideshow-inc.vr-360-tour.com...&hidelive=true
The Mikey looks awesome! I have the 1st two preordered already. Mikey should be next month and then my boy Leo who's yet to be revealed. I'm really excited for these statues <3

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:51 PM   #143
tmntman
Mad Scientist

The announcement from PCS for Mikey showed up today. He isn't available from Sideshow's site yet, but should be in a day or so. Unfortunately they increased the price from $500 to $550. That may be due to the size/height, but I'd feel a lot better paying more if they had some actual product out before upping the price tag.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:58 PM   #144
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I agree
Haven’t pulled the trigger on even Donatello yet
Would love to have a good review/critique before I shell out
Old 08-25-2019, 05:11 PM   #145
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
The announcement from PCS for Mikey showed up today. He isn't available from Sideshow's site yet, but should be in a day or so. Unfortunately they increased the price from $500 to $550. That may be due to the size/height, but I'd feel a lot better paying more if they had some actual product out before upping the price tag.
Between shipping costs and tariffs/the constant threat of tariffs, I think you're going to see prices on these keep going up.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:25 PM   #146
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

thats a bummer to think about
Old 08-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #147
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
thats a bummer to think about
I've been in the statue game since around 2010. The prices have climbed steadily since then. It's in part because the market has expanded, but also because the workmanship has improved. But I think the production costs have also increased significantly. Prime 1, which I believe ships directly from Asia, has already said that they've been getting hammered on shipping/taxes. It used to be that a top-tier Sideshow Premium Format figure was generally $300-$400. Now it's more like $500-$700, and some are even more than that. The larger high-end stuff is all well over a grade anymore.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:25 PM   #148
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I want all of them. I have two sets of turtle statues and I love them. I just wish I could see a true purchase review before I spend the money they are asking
Old 08-25-2019, 08:30 PM   #149
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I want all of them. I have two sets of turtle statues and I love them. I just wish I could see a true purchase review before I spend the money they are asking
I plan on ordering the complete set. But if you don't preorder, of course you run the risk that they sell out before you can see in-hand reviews. There doesn't seem to be as much interest in these, though. The price doesn't help, of course.

For what it's worth, I'm happy with all of the PCS pieces I have (He-Man, Skeleton, Battlecat, Conan).
Old 08-25-2019, 08:51 PM   #150
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I recently orders the real ghostbuster set of statues which will be my first venture out of tmnt
I did order Raph but haven’t ordered anymore
Old 08-29-2019, 06:15 AM   #151
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Happy with how Mikey is looking. I haven't pulled the trigger on Don or Mike yet but have feeling once Raph gets here Ill be jumping in. Excited for these toon statues but just want to make sure they are what I'm hoping for before plopping down all that cash.

EDIT: UGH...Mikey is live and they raised the price from the previous two = $550 vs $500

Last edited by OA; 08-29-2019 at 03:28 PM.
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #152
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
Happy with how Mikey is looking. I haven't pulled the trigger on Don or Mike yet but have feeling once Raph gets here Ill be jumping in. Excited for these toon statues but just want to make sure they are what I'm hoping for before plopping down all that cash.

EDIT: UGH...Mikey is live and they raised the price from the previous two = $550 vs $500
Yes, that does suck. If you don't want the exclusive, you can save like $10 though Secret Compass. But Sideshow does give 5% back in rewards, which is decent.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:09 AM   #153
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

I think they all look good but rafael is the best one.easy skip fore me because with shipping and custom fees they woued be around 1000/1200+++ a pop and pluss they are statues i most likly will Get damage ones AS well.
But i have to Ask wath the **** is mike doing with the pizza box??i did think this statues was based on the first fight In tecnodrome and mike did not have a pizza box whene they did fight there.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #154
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
I think they all look good but rafael is the best one.easy skip fore me because with shipping and custom fees they woued be around 1000/1200+++ a pop and pluss they are statues i most likly will Get damage ones AS well.
But i have to Ask wath the **** is mike doing with the pizza box??i did think this statues was based on the first fight In tecnodrome and mike did not have a pizza box whene they did fight there.
Raph looks most like how he did in the opening to the syndicated mini-series and series.

I agree with you, Raph is the best out of them all so far.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #155
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
The pizza box is the "exclusive" piece, so it's meant as a swap-out bonus. I don't really care for it myself, but again, the main version of the statue is much more true to the scene you're referring to.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:00 PM   #156
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Just got my processing notice for Raphael. Guessing I'll have the statue in-hand within the next 7-10 days.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:32 PM   #157
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Same here but it said there was a .10 shipping charge
That’s gotta be typo right
Old 09-26-2019, 03:37 PM   #158
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Same here but it said there was a .10 shipping charge
That’s gotta be typo right
Did you prepay everything through PCS? My guess is that it's a typo that will change once your order is processed. My shipping charge is like $46.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:01 PM   #159
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I paid it up front
Old 09-27-2019, 03:47 AM   #160
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I paid it up front
Guessing you'll see the actual shipping charge soon. Otherwise, maybe you've lucked out!

I just got a notice about Donatello, too, saying he'll be available in October. I have to figure out where these guys are going to live!