The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-06-2020, 03:16 PM   #121
hypered1
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
The artwork on the covers of these IDW collections are superb. Probably my favorite designs and depictions of the turtles and their allies and enemies. So much character behind the drawings.

But I wonder, why did Duncan’s style change so much? I’ve seen like 3 or 4 very distinct styles from him. Is there any article that goes through this? I’m just curious. I wish he drew the turtles in the main issues more like how they look in the collections covers compared to how they started to look like from issue 5 or 6 till 11 or so. Those egg heads. Haha.
I don't think there's any big secret or anything, it's just naturally evolved over the past 9 years; Duncan did the art for most of the first 12 issues (a few pages were drawn by others like Mateus Santolouco for example) in 2011-12 and the first hardback released in 2015 and there's a bit of a difference even there.
Ultimately all artist's styles change a bit over time as they improve or become more comfortable with doing things a certain way.

Last edited by hypered1; 10-06-2020 at 03:28 PM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:07 AM   #122
hypered1
Hench Mutant

So I've just received my copy of Volume 11 and few curious things of note about it;
firstly the Donatello Macro is included as the last issue in the volume.
It also includes the following back-up stories: Triceratots (U16-17), Mutagen Maintenance (U18 ), Woody's Invasion (U21), Dangerous Waters (U22) and Nobody Cares (U23).
The back cover and the volume's credit page both state that Universe 23 is included but only the back-up (see above) is present. (U23 & 24 will be in the next volume).
Also notably the KoR prelude has been added as the first four pages of #81 and does not have separate cover pages.
The Donatello Macro issue also does not have a back cover page, although considering the book is already a bulky 392 pages I'd say that's understandable.
Finally the bookmark ribbon is oddly a golden colour similar the ribbon in Volume 9 (Slash)

Last edited by hypered1; 10-13-2020 at 09:05 AM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #123
datactingguy
Mouser

Mine got delayed again, was suppose to get it today, and then Amazon had me approve that I still wanted it, with no new date for when it’s going to arrive ????
datactingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:47 AM   #124
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by datactingguy View Post
Mine got delayed again, was suppose to get it today, and then Amazon had me approve that I still wanted it, with no new date for when it’s going to arrive ????
Same here.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:06 AM   #125
j3h
Thug

I’m in the same boat, but have too good of a preorder price guarantee to just be impatient and cancel it to order elsewhere.

I think amazon’s warehouses are slammed in and out with all the Prime Day(s) merch deals. If it’s not a deal item, it’s probably less of a priority for them to deal with over the next few days.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #126
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Yeah mine was delayed as well.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:14 AM   #127
hypered1
Hench Mutant

Are you guys all in the US? I'm in the UK so that may have made a difference maybe?

One other thing that I didn't mention above is that the cover art is a bit darker than the previews again and the spine is almost exactly the same colour as Volume 6 (Shredder) except it has a very slight pinkish/orange hue to it.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:17 AM   #128
datactingguy
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Are you guys all in the US? I'm in the UK so that may have made a difference maybe?
Yeah, US here
Old 10-13-2020, 10:48 AM   #129
hypered1
Hench Mutant

hmm, I think J3h may right about the Prime Day stuff causing the delays as I would assume the warehouses have the stock but also Prime Day isn't as big over here.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:19 PM   #130
datactingguy
Mouser

Still haven’t got mine yet...
Old 10-22-2020, 10:00 PM   #131
j3h
Thug

Some bookstores are reporting a date of 10/27, which lines up with the usual IDW releases books to comic stores two weeks before sending them to other book sellers like amazon, Barnes & Nobel, Books a million, etc.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote