The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-18-2020, 05:03 PM   #201
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yes, yes, mutants everywhere. Mutants on top of mutants, of every color and flavor in the rainbow. Just make it "Zootopia, Guest Starring the TMNT", since they'd be the exact opposite of special in such a world. Supremely interesting stuff, that'd be

Ninja Turtles, same thing. There's no pathos or drama in a world where everyone is Just Like Them. Might as well be Care Bears, at that point. Boooooooooo.
Exactly. We should be able to count the number of mutants EVER, in an entire TMNT series, on both hands. No more.

Leo, Don, Raph, Mike, Splinter. That's 5. Add in Leatherhead, for 6. That's all the Mirage series had.

Now because I'm generous, add in Slash and Old Hob (most everybody loves those two characters).

Finally, just for the possible theoretical maximum even though we already have enough, you can add two more mutants AS LONG AS THEY AREN'T BEBOP AND ROCKSTEADY. Just for argument's sake, and to round it out.

Let's say Bloodsucker and some Rahzar type mutant. Because wolves are cool. Or $hit, to get REALLY wild, let's even say Venus can be one of the ten. Because inclusion!

There. You're done. That's more than enough mutants, and the special uniqueness that IS mutants can be retained.

No Bopsteady and Rerock, no Mutanimals, no Mona Lisa, no Playmates aren't-these-cool-look-it's-a-samurai-seaslug!
Old 07-18-2020, 05:06 PM   #202
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

a movie set in Mutant Town would look really cool on the big screen. The designs of the mutants all would be CGI of course.

As to how I approach this movie? It would be set a couple of years after Old Hob dropped that bomb that turn half of the NY population into mutants.
But years has passed since the event. And some company is working on some retromutagen to change these mutants back into humans. However they wanna monetize it. So there is this groups of people that are get this retromutagen to become normal again. But then we have this other group that wants to destroy it. Because being turned into a mutant cured them of some diseases and and also gave them abilities that they didn't have as humans.

The Turtles will be out there patrolling the streets and so on and they hear about this. So they will fit against those that want to destroy the only that might change people back to normal.
As for the Mutants that should appear? The usual ones. I would love to see Alopex and Mona Lisa in supporting roles.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:18 PM   #203
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
This is largely the reason why I've always preferred that the only mutants are the four turtles and Splinter. Being outcasts is the main appeal with them. It's harder to be outcasts if there's other mutants kicking about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Exactly. We should be able to count the number of mutants EVER, in an entire TMNT series, on both hands. No more.

Leo, Don, Raph, Mike, Splinter. That's 5. Add in Leatherhead, for 6. That's all the Mirage series had.

Now because I'm generous, add in Slash and Old Hob (most everybody loves those two characters).

Finally, just for the possible theoretical maximum even though we already have enough, you can add two more mutants AS LONG AS THEY AREN'T BEBOP AND ROCKSTEADY. Just for argument's sake, and to round it out.

Let's say Bloodsucker and some Rahzar type mutant. Because wolves are cool. Or $hit, to get REALLY wild, let's even say Venus can be one of the ten. Because inclusion!

There. You're done. That's more than enough mutants, and the special uniqueness that IS mutants can be retained.

No Bopsteady and Rerock, no Mutanimals, no Mona Lisa, no Playmates aren't-these-cool-look-it's-a-samurai-seaslug!
I'm a little more forgiving, so maybe a dozen? Introduced very gradually over the duration of an entire series, that'd be alright. But yeah, more than that and the Turtles are not only guest stars in their own story, they're not even "weird" anymore. The one thing the TMNT should never be is Mundane.

But I mean... y'gotta have Ace Duck. Although sometimes he can be an alien, I guess. But you gotta have Ace Duck!
------------

Everything about that "pitch" would suffice as a single episode of a cartoon show at best. There's nothing there to support a 90-minute movie, that's entirely masturbatory self-indulgence. Nick could'a done something with that, maybe. A movie? Again, that's not "TMNT", that's "Zootopia, Guest Starring The TMNT".

Right after that we can get started on the Superman movie where he decides to spend all afternoon waiting on line at the DMV.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:27 PM   #204
neatoman
Emperor

The more I think about it, the more I think the Space Arc might be the most suitable story arc for this movie. It would justify being all CGI and it's a classic storyline we have yet to see on the big screen.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:48 PM   #205
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
2k3 is just diet-mirage though. I want to like it, but it's a dull impersonation.
It was still a good cartoon and better than all the other TMNT cartoons we've gotten. It was my Batman TAS for a while when I was younger. Sure we can do better but I appreciate what we got.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #206
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
It was still a good cartoon and better than all the other TMNT cartoons we've gotten. It was my Batman TAS for a while when I was younger. Sure we can do better but I appreciate what we got.
Everything here I'll agree with BUT... can we do better? Well, technically it is possible to make a better cartoon than 2K3, BUT... no. No. It will never happen. It's not going to ever be better than 2K3 as long as Nickelodeon owns this franchise.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:12 PM   #207
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Everything here I'll agree with BUT... can we do better? Well, technically it is possible to make a better cartoon than 2K3, BUT... no. No. It will never happen. It's not going to ever be better than 2K3 as long as Nickelodeon owns this franchise.
Sadly you're right.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:16 PM   #208
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
This is largely the reason why I've always preferred that the only mutants are the four turtles and Splinter. Being outcasts is the main appeal with them. It's harder to be outcasts if there's other mutants kicking about
I mean, technically, even in the original Mirage comics, Leatherhead was proof that the turtles weren't supposed to be the only mutants in existence, so I do feel that the turtles and Splinter being the only mutants in an entire era may be a pipedream.

As for what else I missed, 2003 was relative gold, yes (my favorite series at that), but I wouldn't necessarily assume the worst about the future of the franchise as a whole. The 2012 cartoon, while it was focused more on humor, certainly felt like it had some elements of seriousness to it like 2003 did, at least to me.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:11 PM   #209
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
It's not going to ever be better than 2K3 as long as Nickelodeon owns this franchise.
Why I just keep hoping they remain open to letting others have the license to do with them what Nick doesn't want to. I could kinda live with that, for now. The existence of that Batman vs TMNT keeps me hopeful. This CGI movie that doesn't sound like it's only going to be purely Nick, maybe that too, if we're lucky.

Quote:
on account of everyone's inside all the time and the streets are always barren.
See now, that's one of the unspoken secrets of these cartoons, they all happen during a pandemic lock down. Relatable! lol

Quote:
as dry as rice cakes
And no knocking the rice cakes, I just "accidentally" ate half a bag of the tomato and basil flavor, they're awesome. If Mirage is race cakes then they're obviously the tomato and basil.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:22 PM   #210
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
a movie set in Mutant Town would look really cool on the big screen.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-18-2020, 08:25 PM   #211
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

And no knocking the rice cakes, I just "accidentally" ate half a bag of the tomato and basil flavor, they're awesome. If Mirage is race cakes then they're obviously the tomato and basil.

Hm? Hm. Hmmmm.

Hmm.

Old 07-18-2020, 08:30 PM   #212
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yes actually. Its better then anything that's out there at the moment.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:34 PM   #213
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post
I mean, technically, even in the original Mirage comics, Leatherhead was proof that the turtles weren't supposed to be the only mutants in existence, so I do feel that the turtles and Splinter being the only mutants in an entire era may be a pipedream.
But we know TPTB's intention was always to limit the mutants running around to just those. We know this because they've told us.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:38 PM   #214
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Hm? Hm. Hmmmm.

Hmm.
Your loss, your stores can send the good flavors here, you can keep the bland ones.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:49 PM   #215
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Your loss, your stores can send the good flavors here, you can keep the bland ones.
I got like three Heinekens left, I'm doin' fine.

Quote:
You're silly.

Y'know what? Thanks to you, I've got a really, really good idea that's gonna make a LOT of people here very, very happy. Turn around for a second, buddy?

((Deep breaths; adjusts tie, turns the volume on the stereo way, way up))

So, TigerClaw... You like Huey Lewis and the News?

Their early work was a little too "New Wave" for my tastes, but when "Sports" came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released "Fore!", their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself!

HEY, TIGERCLAW......!!!
-------------------

......Whew, that was messy, but damn, do I feel a LOT better already. Try getting a reservation at Dorsia NOW.

Old 07-18-2020, 08:52 PM   #216
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I love those tomato basil rice cakes too... Good stuff.

But Indigo... important Q: How goes the Mirage reading... are you enjoying it?
Old 07-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #217
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Mutant Town is a dumb idea for a primary setting and was clearly only ever thought of as a cheap way to introduce new mutant characters, without the need for labs or explainations for more spills. If you think the various possible futures that depict the world occupied by Utroms and/or full of mutants is meant to be where the world is going, rather than some nightmare scenario that the heroes will try to prevent, you really don't understand storytelling.

Mutant Town itself does not work as a long time setting because it is a small quarantined area in poverty that will eventually run out potential rather quickly. TMNT is largely about exploring a huge insane world with a variety of concept, coupled with the lonliness of being unique creatures, something you can't have if you force the stories to take place in a small area where the turtles blend in.

Once enough mutant characters have been introduced, the series will keep the interesting ones and find a way to discard the majority of mutants who did not get any focus. Either by curing them, exiling them to another world or in a straight up massacre. There is no way it'll last forever because that would be really boring.

And yes, even for a single movie, Mutant Town would be bad choice because the only point of it is set-up for other stories!
Hahahaha!
Old 07-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #218
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:

You're silly.

Y'know what? Thanks to you, I've got a really, really good idea that's gonna make a LOT of people here very, very happy. Turn around for a second, buddy?

Their early work was a little too "New Wave" for my tastes, but when "Sports" came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released "Fore!", their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself!

HEY, TIGERCLAW......!!!
-------------------

......Whew, that was messy, but damn, do I feel a LOT better already. Try getting a reservation at Dorsia NOW.
Leo wins the night's thread award for the Amer. Psycho reference.

He has to return some video tapes because he wants to fit in!
Old 07-18-2020, 08:56 PM   #219
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

You're silly.

HEY, TIGERCLAW......!!!
-------------------

Well my idea is better then anything you pull out. The filmmakers will do a movie that will appeal to all ages and not cater to a specific group of fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Mutant Town is a dumb idea for a primary setting and was clearly only ever thought of as a cheap way to introduce new mutant characters, without the need for labs or explainations for more spills. If you think the various possible futures that depict the world occupied by Utroms and/or full of mutants is meant to be where the world is going, rather than some nightmare scenario that the heroes will try to prevent, you really don't understand storytelling.

Mutant Town itself does not work as a long time setting because it is a small quarantined area in poverty that will eventually run out potential rather quickly. TMNT is largely about exploring a huge insane world with a variety of concept, coupled with the lonliness of being unique creatures, something you can't have if you force the stories to take place in a small area where the turtles blend in.

Once enough mutant characters have been introduced, the series will keep the interesting ones and find a way to discard the majority of mutants who did not get any focus. Either by curing them, exiling them to another world or in a straight up massacre. There is no way it'll last forever because that would be really boring.
Its better then most ideas seen around here. Lots of fans act like there entitled these days.

You can do a movie without doing the origin. Just sprinkle the origin as a series of flashbacks.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:08 PM   #220
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Well my idea is better then anything you pull out. The filmmakers will do a movie that will appeal to all ages and not cater to a specific group of fans.

Its better then most ideas seen around here. Lots of fans act like there entitled these days.

You can do a movie without doing the origin. Just sprinkle the origin as a series of flashbacks.
Well first off, what other ideas are you talking about and can you give a concrete reason why they suck beyond thinking the people behind them seem entitled?

Secondly, your idea doesn't even describe a real plot, just a general idea with barely direction.

Thirdly, like I said, Mutant Town exists for set-up and has no real purpose to tell stories in it's own right. The only places I can see your idea going is that the mutants get cured or stay in the quarantine zone as mutants and the plot is back to square one or two, either case makes for a really lame story because nothing interesting came out of it.
Hahahaha!