The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #41
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
If y'all are still going on about why doesn't Donnie have a regular bo staff...he does. If you would look at some of the pics and footage you would see
http://i.imgur.com/lhRDEmr.jpg
It looks like there are white scabbard katana at the back of the table closest to her. For when Leo wants to be Storm Shadow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Beyond that... I don't know what that creepy shape is beyond the table but it's gonna give me Slender Man-like nightmares.
On the wall? It's a poor drawing of two turtles. I'm guessing one of them drew them beating his brother in a match when they were little. Seriously, though, it's a crude drawing of two turtles. One standing and facing another sitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Anyone else wondering why her hands are balled into fists?

Do ppl walk around ready to punch someone? I know I don't.
My guess is this scene is after the lair is attacked and she's there when Raph arrives. This is just before Raph gears up with everyone's weapons to go save the others and she's all pissed about the attack as well. Hence, clenched fists of raaaage!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:54 PM   #42
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That shot of them grabbing their weapons is proof that they have more than one set, Donnie in particular has several bo staffs to choose from, but I'm betting the retractable one is a personal fav of his being the resident techie.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #43
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
It looks like there are white scabbard katana at the back of the table closest to her. For when Leo wants to be Storm Shadow?

On the wall? It's a poor drawing of two turtles. I'm guessing one of them drew them beating his brother in a match when they were little. Seriously, though, it's a crude drawing of two turtles. One standing and facing another sitting.

My guess is this scene is after the lair is attacked and she's there when Raph arrives. This is just before Raph gears up with everyone's weapons to go save the others and she's all pissed about the attack as well. Hence, clenched fists of raaaage!
We see the drawing of the turtles on the wall, but there is something in front of the drawing....in front of the wall.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #44
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I always personally believed that Splinter stole the weapons they use from a museum.

But daggum they have a large armory there. Where'd they get that much master crafted and customized (inscribed sais) hardware?!

Makes for cool shots, though.

Quote:
We see the drawing of the turtles on the wall, but there is something in front of the drawing....in front of the wall.
Gotcha. Looks like a handrail to the stairs to me.

And closer look...just light reflecting on black weapons. No white variant katana for Storm Shadow pretending for Leo. XD
Old 07-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, prob just a mix of things... still looks like Slender Man's brother going after April. lol Eek.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #46
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
I always personally believed that Splinter stole the weapons they use from a museum.

But daggum they have a large armory there. Where'd they get that much master crafted and customized (inscribed sais) hardware?!

Makes for cool shots, though.

Gotcha. Looks like a handrail to the stairs to me.

And closer look...just light reflecting on black weapons. No white variant katana for Storm Shadow pretending for Leo. XD

I agree, it does look like a handrail
Old 07-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #47
Electric
Epic Hiatus

those trailers are awesome.

not too much new for raph and leo

liked mikeys line "im a snapping turtle fool"

and loved donnies line about being a badass. it suprised me that donnie was the turtle to swear, but it fit him so well. the way he said it was perfect and didnt feel forced in there at all. my guess is if donnies swearing, theyre all swearing.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #48
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Now she's soliciting the weapons with her eyes. *ducks*

Beyond that... I don't know what that creepy shape is beyond the table but it's gonna give me Slender Man-like nightmares.
Ita chalk/paint drawings from the kiddy turtles you can see there name in the background as well and Japanese characters all over

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:41 PM   #49
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Ita chalk/paint drawings from the kiddy turtles you can see there name in the background as well and Japanese characters all over
I agree that it is drawings on the wall but where do you see their names at? I don't see nothing
Old 07-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #50
null
Random Punk

Its hardly swearing. I don't understand what the big thing about saying "badass' is.

Americans are so touchy when it comes to language or 'cursing' as you say.

null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:06 AM   #51
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Maybe she's just upset and wants to take action use one of their weapons perhaps idk just guessing
DioLeo451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #52
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
That shot of them grabbing their weapons is proof that they have more than one set, Donnie in particular has several bo staffs to choose from, but I'm betting the retractable one is a personal fav of his being the resident techie.
Well I have to wonder why he has that super-strong magic pogo stick in the first place.

Same with the holographic communicator. For all the outlandish stuff Don has built in the various versions I thought it was pretty cool in most of them he has a reasonable amount of technical ability to start with. I've always assumed it was experience with alien tech which gives him the insight to build more extravagant things.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #53
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Well I have to wonder why he has that super-strong magic pogo stick in the first place.

Same with the holographic communicator. For all the outlandish stuff Don has built in the various versions I thought it was pretty cool in most of them he has a reasonable amount of technical ability to start with. I've always assumed it was experience with alien tech which gives him the insight to build more extravagant things.
See, if they're going to embrace the sci-fi/alien tech element, I'm actually fine with that. I'd rather they introduce it later on in a sequel or something, but it's always been present and I have no issues with them using it.

However, it is a strange design choice to have the Turtles wearing stuff they found in the garbage, dirty and torn scraps cobbled sloppily together, while Mikey has a rocket skateboard and Donatello has a hologram-phone and a tech-staff strong enough to flip armoured cars. Not to mention the pristine (and expensive) custom van. If they can manage to make stuff like that, you'd figure they could also make nicer clothes.

It's like they wanted "gritty realism" as a design style, but also wanted slick, crazy sci-fi technology, and didn't much care if those things "fit together" all that well.

Last edited by Bry; 07-11-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #54
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:

She has to use her hands to portray her character's emotional state, given that her face has all the expression of a Kabuki mask.

#rimshot#

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #55
Artist
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
See, if they're going to embrace the sci-fi/alien tech element, I'm actually fine with that. I'd rather they introduce it later on in a sequel or something, but it's always been present and I have no issues with them using it.

However, it is a strange design choice to have the Turtles wearing stuff they found in the garbage, dirty and torn scraps cobbled sloppily together, while Mikey has a rocket skateboard and Donatello has a hologram-phone and a tech-staff strong enough to flip armoured cars. Not to mention the pristine (and expensive) custom van. If they can manage to make stuff like that, you'd figure they could also make nicer clothes.

It's like they wanted "gritty realism" as a design style, but also wanted slick, crazy sci-fi technology, and didn't much care if those things "fit together" all that well.
Well the skateboard and hologram-phone looks like it is made from old junk from the trash so it kinda has a theme going for it. As long as they have a point to them using the old remains of society's goods will I be totally ok with the cloths and tech on Donnie. If they don't, ya it was just a ploy to make it look gritty and more so called realistic.
Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #56
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
those trailers are awesome.

not too much new for raph and leo

liked mikeys line "im a snapping turtle fool"

and loved donnies line about being a badass. it suprised me that donnie was the turtle to swear, but it fit him so well. the way he said it was perfect and didnt feel forced in there at all. my guess is if donnies swearing, theyre all swearing.
You know what, I work in a technological development lab, and the nerds/geeks/engineers swear up a storm. All of them except for one, but I think it's more due to the fact he's a hard core Catholic from Columbia. So, just saying, the stereotyping of geeks as being soft spoken and complete pacifists is just that, a typical stereo type.

And even then, the one day the Columbian was testing out a new design, and the design literally blew up a diode in his hand, he still swore "Puta". So, geeks and nerds do swear, quite frequently. Out of all of the Turtles, the one I seeing swearing the least would actually be Leonardo. The whole "setting an example, Bushito code, ethnic code" and all of that seems to make Leo more refined than his brothers.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #57
Vicky82
Emperor

Here's a better quality of the motion posters video

But they cut out Donnie's badass line

Last edited by Vicky82; 07-13-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #58
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post

Great find.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #59
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Unfortunately they cut out the shot of Mikey punching a dude in the face, and maybe it's just me but Raph slamming into he hummer doesn't look anywhere near as dynamic, like they used the footage from the original render or something.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #60
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:

Uh-oh, soccer moms getting their stupid way again?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live action films