The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Any of these things you wouldn't mind going away forever?
The Channel Six News crew 6 27.27%
Dimension X 2 9.09%
The Technodrome 2 9.09%
Krang 2 9.09%
Bebop and Rocksteady 5 22.73%
The mutagen creating hybrids 5 22.73%
Krang 2 9.09%
The Neutrinos 6 27.27%
The pizza obsession 9 40.91%
The vehicles 5 22.73%
The various gimmick gangsters 10 45.45%
The random mutants who did not have toys 4 18.18%
The random mutants that did indeed have toys 4 18.18%
Something not listed here (please point out what) 5 22.73%
I actually want to see all this come back (please explain why) 3 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I liked B&R in 2012, but they still took away from Fishface, Dogpound and Tigerclaw. The way you write it on your post makes it sound logical but the actual show never used them like that, there was definitely villain decay in the 2012 show everytime a new antagonist came out and after Rocksteady/Beebop fishface was made irrelevant and dogpound had to be mutated to keep him a threat and was now Rahzar for whatever reason. After the first season Fishface/Dogpound were basically as good as a generic foot soldier when fighting the turtles.

So yeah as I mentioned, R&B were done well I just think it took away from the original characters. But for others, think of the punk frogs, or the neutrinos, hell even general tragg those characters are just in name only, they should've been new characters entirely. There's also the ones that you don't even notice since they'r enot awful but also not relevant

That's how not to bring a character back. Now they did some other 1987 characters right like say Slash, mutagen man, even Krang in some respect. But others I don't even remember I guess they did them "ok" not in a bad way but not done originally either so they're just forgotten so why even bring them in the first place when they had other characters with untapped potential like Muckman, Mondo Gecko. Etc. So essentially there's a 1/3 chance in bringing back a character successfully and 2/3 that it will suck.

TL;DR If you're going to bring some idea back/character, do something new with that while remaining true to who the character is, if not don't bother, just make something new.
I felt that way about Shredder's lieutenants. There was Karai, Dogpound, and Fishface, then it more than doubles first with Tiger Claw and then with classics Baxter Stockman, Bebop, and Rocksteady. Finally Bruce Lee pretends to be Hun. Sure there were desires for betrayal from Baxter, Bebop, Rocksteady ( a new one for those two), and Karai. There was also Dogpound being double mutated because of toy sales and then dies? Heck, I thought Chuck Norris had the most potential out of them all. It's oversaturation with the villains under Shredder. You would think it was a Spider-Man sequel. There was potential there but the overcrowding kept any of them from truly growing. It was a chance to separate Bebop and Rocksteady's personalities and explore other deputy villains, but it did not work out that way. I am glad that Baxter got demutated, it was like it was the showrunner's way of saying it was done with Baxter, which is fine since he did not get proper resolution in the 1987 cartoon.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #22
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I think Big Louie against Tony Vivaldi would be the ultimate turf conflict.
Yes, I can see that. Vivaldi was a first in threats outside of Shredder et al even if he is in alliance with him. A one and done character. The thing is I don't understand why Big Louie can't be dusted off and made viable. Waltz disappointed me with the name dropping fodder.
https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/...Mobmeeting.jpg
Old 09-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #23
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I would prefer Baxter Stockman be enough to represent the 'mad scientist'.
Baxter Stockman should stay Human and come up with some deadly inventions instead of the silly mad scientists we had as standards during Seasons 4–7.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:22 AM   #24
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

Get rid of all the mutants other than the guys & Splinter. Get rid of the color coded bandanas. Get rid of the damsel in distress April. Less cheesiness. Real Foot instead of Foot bots.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:16 AM   #25
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier

Lack of closure. We never see what happened after Divide and Conquer. Revenge of the Shredder could have answered that question. That episode never aired.

I had dreams for years about the Technodrome coming back from Dimension-X. That was years after the series ended.

There are questions people have about the Technodrome that can't be answered by the show. It's as unique as it is mysterious. And we only see it at full power a few times.

Donatello doing things he isn't supposed to be able to. That shouldn't happen either but it did.
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:22 AM   #26
Powder
So tired of this place

As much as I love the series, it would take too long to list what elements I think should be retired. It has been far too influential on other versions, TMNT needs to stand on the merit of its core concept & source material more.

Keep the pizza thing, I think that's cute & even Mirage leaned into it. New Yorkers really do run on it, I speak from experience. No harm. I prefer the Hamato Yoshi becoming a rat origin, it's a lot easier to digest. So that can stay, too.

Beyond that? It can pretty much all go the way of the dodo. It's a lot of fun in its time & place, but I want new material, and/or for other iterations' unique qualities to be reflected upon.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:12 PM   #27
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_minimizer View Post
I had dreams for years about the Technodrome coming back from Dimension-X.
Maybe if Dregg's microbots repaired it. But Dregg himself is left dead.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:15 PM   #28
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

As much as the first cartoon became a major goofy camp fest, it still has merit.
I'd respectfully leave it alone. Just as I wouldn't change the classic Mirage comics that I love so much.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:34 PM   #29
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nightwalker View Post
As much as the first cartoon became a major goofy camp fest, it still has merit.
I'd respectfully leave it alone. Just as I wouldn't change the classic Mirage comics that I love so much.
It's not about changing the past, it's what elements from this series would you prefer not be revisited in future versions.

Old 09-28-2021, 05:09 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

All of it. Every shred. Put it all in a barrel full of gasoline.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #31
sdp
Edgelord

The only thing I want to see in every incarnation is the colored bandanas, nobody wants 4 raphaels. I'm glad the mirage comics are black and white because I can just color the bandanas on the panels.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:22 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

I do agree that after the 4kids era where all the old characters were forbidden from being used again it was refreshing to see them again with new takes in IDW and Nick, but I do agree going forward they don't need to do this again. Between the 2012 cartoon and IDW, I feel like I got my fill at new incarnations of the old mutants and villain characters.

Then again going completely off-brand like Rise isn't ideal either, so I guess a middle ground of sorts is needed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 05:10 AM   #33
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The only thing I want to see in every incarnation is the colored bandanas, nobody wants 4 raphaels. I'm glad the mirage comics are black and white because I can just color the bandanas on the panels.
Speak for yourself peasant. I despise the color coding BS. Go all red or just stop producing garbage. They were meant to wear red as a team.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:11 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Speak for yourself peasant. I despise the color coding BS. Go all red or just stop producing garbage. They were meant to wear red as a team.
This. They aren't supposed to be making rainbow fashion statements about their individuality. They're supposed to be training everyday, busting their asses so that they can be more efficient killing machines to one day successfully kill a guy.

Do they have some off time? Sure. But it's not going to be filled with them sitting around mulling over what color of the rainbow they most connect to with each other. The rainbow bandannas thing was a dumb cartoon thing done to sell toys 30 years ago to (they thought) dumb kids and it's still that today. Period. Pretending that it isn't that is just that -- pretending.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:40 AM   #35
ABrown
Mad Scientist

Wasn't there a version that they stated that each color what supposed to represent something specific to each turtle? Or did I imagine that?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:41 AM   #36
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Wasn't there a version that they stated that each color what supposed to represent something specific to each turtle? Or did I imagine that?
I think of us fans just made that up back in the day.

"Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow."
- Chevy Chase; Saturday Night Live
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:40 PM   #37
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Lol I wouldn't mind seeing the show go away entirely.

(I'M JUST JOKING CALM DOWN)

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #38
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
That's just fanon. Never been any meaning behind it, Pete chose the colors arbitrarily. In fact, Donnie & Mikey were switched at the very last second.

Old 10-11-2021, 10:15 AM   #39
Mad Dog McMutt
Random Punk

I love everything about the old cartoon. I wouldn't want anything from it to go away forever.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:18 PM   #40
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
I love everything about the old cartoon. I wouldn't want anything from it to go away forever.
Not even those unstable mutations during Season 9 and early Season 10?