The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 08-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #81
The Deadman
Foot Elite

And of course, like clock work, people are blaming Trump for this. Dude hasn't been in office since January. Kick rocks.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:27 PM   #82
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well the guy was making deals with terrorists to be out by May... but it got stretch out until the end of this month so... meh.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:33 PM   #83
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well the guy was making deals with terrorists to be out by May... but it got stretch out until the end of this month so... meh.
I understand that people cant get over Trump but good lord....let it go already

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...vacuate-506957

Apparently this has caused massive outrage. Nothing will happen though.

Old 08-26-2021, 02:55 PM   #84
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Start directing your dissatisfaction to the real putz in charge now and read the f*cking room. You're not the good guys anymore.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:03 PM   #85
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I just find it funny that the people who are blaming Trump for this are the same ones who told people on the right to stop blaming Obama anytime something went wrong during Trump's tenure in the White House.

Old 08-26-2021, 03:17 PM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Deals, vs. Biden literally delivering pallets full of millions of dollars to the Taliban (while going on the news saying the Taliban is misunderstood and wants to give them a chance, that they're having an "existential crisis" and want to come to the world stage) to bribe them to let us evacuate... when the entire situation was caused by Biden.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:27 PM   #87
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You got any sources besides Twitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I understand that people cant get over Trump but good lord....let it go already
Then don't whine about him first yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Start directing your dissatisfaction to the real putz in charge now and read the f*cking room. You're not the good guys anymore.
You failed to read the indifference about it, instead going with a knee jerk reaction, so...
Old 08-26-2021, 03:33 PM   #88
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Whine about who, Biden? He's literally the acting President of this country....

Old 08-26-2021, 04:26 PM   #89
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Whine about who, Biden? He's literally the acting President of this country....
But its different!
He doesn't send mean Tweets!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:33 PM   #90
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
More wonderful stuff in Afghanistan.

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/sta...es-evacuations

Pallets of hundred dollar bill bribe money for the Taliban and tons of our weapons. Pelosi is blocking impeachment of Biden over this but was happy to impeach Trump over a phone call she didn't like.
has she really? All I see is Leftists over taking the tag 'impeach' on twitter and going reeee.

anyone on both sides seriously asking for it? Kamala as president would be even worse though.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:37 PM   #91
CyberCubed
Overlord

They should just nuke the entire country and eradicate them all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #92
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
I just find it funny that the people who are blaming Trump for this are the same ones who told people on the right to stop blaming Obama anytime something went wrong during Trump's tenure in the White House.
I'm not really blaming anyone.

The re-writing of history on this subject on all sides is bizarre. Like pulling out of Afghanistan hasn't been one of the few things that the left and right have agreed on for quite some time. Now most people are acting as if they haven't been demanding to bring the troops home for well over a decade.

I really see no point in quibbling over who would have done it better when every military strategist is saying that the Taliban's quick takeover was inevitable. The difference was always going to be a matter of weeks.

Also it's now Trump's and Biden's plan were not anywhere near as different as we were led to believe. I'm perfectly fine with saying they are both trash on this issue. Sure, Biden is the one that actually pulled the trigger but only because Trump (who got a lot of political capital on promising to come out) was too cowardly to do it until his second term which didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It's not like the American political right has ever read the room. They couldn't handle losing so created a reality were they actually won and Trump is still secretly president - he'll take over again any day now. The right were never the good guys ever.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:19 PM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Like pulling out of Afghanistan hasn't been one of the few things that the left and right have agreed on for quite some time. Now most people are acting as if they haven't been demanding to bring the troops home for well over a decade.
No. That's pretty stupid to say. No one is arguing about pulling the troops out (while I think if most Americans were to be asked if we should leave a small number like 1,000 to maintain some kind of supervisory presence while helping the Afghans maintain their own military they would say, "sure" -- we're in dozens of other countries including Syria, after all). The entire outcry now is HOW the troops are being pulled out, particularly at the cost of the American citizens that have been, continue to be, and will end up still stranded there when the self-imposed 8/31 deadline passes. Biden has a strange notion that protecting American citizens in Afghanistan might jeopardize the lives of soldiers... this is a very weird way of thinking. You can ask any soldier -- soldiers exist to PROTECT CITIZENS! It is their entire purpose, their entire principle and reason for being. "No, we gotta bring the boys home! I don't want to see anyone else's sons or daughters die over there in the service!" Biden says, when like only 5 have died in the past 10 years (except for the last couple days... apparently a dozen Marines died trying to make the best of the last minute sh**show evacuation). More people died than that in combat exercises in the past 5 years.

There were many ways to avoid this, many steps that could have been taken. None were. Many lives have been lost, many more will be lost, and women are literally being yanked out of their homes and raped. Killed, if they refuse to feed Taliban troops.

Quote:
You got any sources besides Twitter?
That is literally a video. Of the Taliban. With pallets full of millions of dollars all around them. Do you think it's a Deep Fake or something? Maybe the Jalals?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-26-2021 at 05:28 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:23 PM   #94
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They should just nuke the entire country and eradicate them all.
The simplest solution generally IS the best solution.

Can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs, after all.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:31 PM   #95
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Also it's now Trump's and Biden's plan were not anywhere near as different as we were led to believe. I'm perfectly fine with saying they are both trash on this issue. Sure, Biden is the one that actually pulled the trigger but only because Trump (who got a lot of political capital on promising to come out) was too cowardly to do it until his second term which didn't happen.
If you watched the press conference, he said the 5/1 date Trump put in place was going to stick the entire time. He's the one who had to extend it a few months. Also I doubt Trump would have willingly put his "trust" in the Taliban to protect people trying to get out as easily as Biden did.

Old 08-26-2021, 05:36 PM   #96
Banned

To all those woke left liberals that believe in rainbow emojis & flags....
The Taliban will murder gays on sight.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:40 PM   #97
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
Isn't it comical how politics make such bizarre bedfellows?

Mutual hatred of Republicans can, has, and will lead to an alignment of people who want to make everything Gay As F*ck, and their polar opposite, people who will murder LGBTQ+ people in the street, in broad daylight, because their Holy Book tells them it's good and proper.

It's insane! Like HOW does this sh*t happen?

Oh, wait... "Anyone But Trump". Got it. Still bananas.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:10 PM   #98
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
Why are you so random.

Was gonna go find some "Look a chicken!" image, but instead I'll just bring this too frigging cute chicken into the thread that I now want to be my pet.

Because any thread with political bitching needs a fluffy cute chicken.

I accept being the "look a chicken" person now.

P.S. It's the Taliban... you could believe in only solid gray cube emojis and flags, or any other damn thing in the world, and Taliban would still gladly off you for not being aligned with them. You think they'd spare you if you assured them you don't like rainbow things?

Somehow I highly doubt that is a culture where gay people are even able to be open about it anyhow.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-26-2021 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:22 PM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
P.S. It's the Taliban... you could believe in only solid gray cube emojis and flags, or any other damn thing in the world, and Taliban would still gladly off you for not being aligned with them. You think they'd spare you if you assured them you don't like rainbow things?
I don't think they were necessarily implying that. Rather just pointing out the absurdity of the situation, that two groups with so little in common could technically be on the same side of any issue thanks to some overall pretty nebulous things. Like it literally makes NO sense whatsoever that Liberals and Terrorists would ever be on the same side, and yet frequently, they are. And it usually just comes down to mutual hatred of Conservatives (albeit for totally different reasons; terrorists don't like Republicans because Republicans occasionally push back against their nonsense while Liberals just bend over for it, whereas Liberals just don't like Conservatives because they're "mean").

Like, by rights, Liberals and terrorists should never be on the same side of ANY issue. The things they respectively champion are polar opposites and in fundamental conflict. It's just SO silly that they could ever find themselves in agreement, yet often do, simply because both groups hate Republicans.

Pretty sure that's what 1987 was pointing out. Just the general absurdity of it all.

Quote:
Somehow I highly doubt that is a culture where gay people are even able to be open about it anyhow.
I remember back in like 2007 or something when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who was then President of Iran, famously said "We don't have any homosexuals in Iran." And everyone on the outside was like, "Yeah, no sh*t, you f*cking murdered all of them."

Different country, obviously, but same general ideology.
--------------

Also, that chicken looks delicious. I'mma go get some garlic.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:22 PM   #100
IMJ
Emperor

Some significant portion of this thread is Indigo being her typically foolish self and arguing with anyone she can pencil whip an arguers point at. But given that I'm on her ignore list I can discuss her behavior and be free from her childish, ignorant retorts. I've never had a recurring and singular hated enemy on a forum before, not in 21 years of posting to the internet. Then Indigo shows up with her retail wisdom and BOOM! All hell breaks loose....

On another note, the leftist wonder man, creepy Joe Biden went on T.V. and said, with his shaky hands and defiant-old-man voice said something to the effect of "we will not forget and we will not forgive". Hey! Nice work, Joe. Thanks for coming by tonight. -claps- Go job leftist America. But hey! All of this but... you know.... no "mean tweets". Nice work! Congrats.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote