The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-15-2021, 07:33 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

What do you spend your disposal income on?

After you pay your bills, buy food, etc...what do you do with the rest of your paycheck?

I'm literally at a loss of what to spend my money on. I buy videogames (at cheaper prices, I haven't paid $59.99 for a videogame in about 15 years), and the occasional TPB of TMNT, but I have nothing to buy anymore.

Can someone list examples of what you spend your money on?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:56 PM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
After you pay your bills, buy food, etc...what do you do with the rest of your paycheck?

I'm literally at a loss of what to spend my money on. I buy videogames (at cheaper prices, I haven't paid $59.99 for a videogame in about 15 years), and the occasional TPB of TMNT, but I have nothing to buy anymore.

You need to work with a broker and invest in the stock market or smart investments in collectable for eventual payoffs.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:57 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

There's supposed to be something left? lol Only person I've never heard of who is at a loss of what to buy. Or are you just here to rub it in.

Well I've been on a bit of an Etsy binge... Much of it as gifts, but some 'me things' sprinkled in, when I wanted a particular pin or something for myself as well as for someone else. Though I need to back off on that, as that income isn't exactly disposable per se.

Most recently... I bought 2 pins of a goldfish wearing a wizard hat and a little crochet ghost. Not sure that sounds like your sort of stuff, but you could, you know, likewise spend some of your cash on gifts for others if you're really at a loss of what to buy for yourself.

Also... if I like the ghost, I'm going to get another (free shipping so no big deal ) and have a cute idea in mind for my nephew next month.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:00 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
You need to work with a broker and invest in the stock market or smart investments in collectable for eventual payoffs.
I should, but I don't like gambling, and the stock market is kind of like gambling. I do own some stocks, but they're an inheritance from when my grandparents passed away.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:05 AM   #5
frank_one
Mad Scientist

You just need to find a woman. She will take care of your money.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:45 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
You just need to find a woman. She will take care of your money.
I will be careful of that. No cougar or gold digger will get one red cent out of me outside of special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries. Even on dates I will never cover the whole bill on a restaurant. Women want equal rights they will be equal in relationship debts as well.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:24 AM   #7
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I will be careful of that. No cougar or gold digger will get one red cent out of me outside of special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries. Even on dates I will never cover the whole bill on a restaurant. Women want equal rights they will be equal in relationship debts as well.
Cougars aren’t going for you anymore.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Come on, aren't most cougars after a 20-something? lol You're just, like, 80-year-old cougar league now and she's probably already got her own money and widow's benefits. She just wants someone to be her pool boy.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:46 AM   #9
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I should, but I don't like gambling, and the stock market is kind of like gambling
The stock market is only like gambling if you approach it like so and then follow the advice and patterns of reddit or twitter.

The stock market is not even remotely like gambling for anyone interested in their own investment. To those people, the stock market is a tool.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:29 AM   #10
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

After bills and grocery shopping, the rest of my paycheck is there for the other things that I need - since I do a lot of cleaning and walking on the job, drinks and snacks are usually what I go after.

Otherwise, I just try to save up when I can. Saved funds can go a long way.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:47 AM   #11
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Lots and lots of peanut butter.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:27 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

I am very frugal with my money. Can you believe I'm still using an iPhone6S?
Old 09-17-2021, 07:22 AM   #13
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
I should, but I don't like gambling, and the stock market is kind of like gambling. I do own some stocks, but they're an inheritance from when my grandparents passed away.
Day trading is gambling. Investing your money in index funds is just common logic. The fact that you flaunt your bank account number around but don't have any of it invested is just icing on the CyberCubed cake.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:49 AM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I am very frugal with my money. Can you believe I'm still using an iPhone6S?
Psh... same little flip phone I've had for years and its cheap plan. Not impressed with your "old" iPhone. lol
Old 09-17-2021, 04:55 PM   #15
Ninja Toitles
Random Punk

Buy authentic, vintage Ninja Toitles dude! Make a crazy cool Playmates collection.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:57 PM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Hard to say. I used to spend it on comics, videogames, anime statues and wrestling shirts... lots and LOTS of wrestling shirts.... but I think I'm gonna tighten my belt this winter.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:31 AM   #17
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:

If you have that much extra cash flying around, buy gold & silver. Real investments. When the sh!t hits the fan here pretty soon, paper money won't be worth anything at all. Or think I'm joking or in need of a tinfoil hat & go buy a hooker or whatever.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
If you have that much extra cash flying around, buy gold & silver. Real investments. When the sh!t hits the fan here pretty soon, paper money won't be worth anything at all. Or think I'm joking or in need of a tinfoil hat & go buy a hooker or whatever.
I honestly think Cubed has zero interest in sex. Hooker is out of the question there.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:48 PM   #19
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Being the pop culture fanatic that I am, I love purchasing stuff on eBay, especially vintage TMNT toys and certain IDW covers that my local comic book shop never has in stock. Last year I was on a Duck Tales kick thanks to the recent series reboot on Disney XD, and I was feeling nostalgic for some of the comic books that were released back in the 90s when the original series still aired, so I did some research, learned that the comic book run was only 18 issues long and bought a handful of them (some of the earlier issues were all in one lot). Sites like Barnes & Noble or Amazon also make for good bargains!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 03:48 AM   #20
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Last year I was on a Duck Tales kick thanks to the recent series reboot on Disney XD, and I was feeling nostalgic for some of the comic books that were released back in the 90s when the original series still aired,
Was it similair to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures? (first adopting the early cartoon episodes before switching to original content)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote