The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 03:05 PM   #261
Allio
Foot Elite

Might be because of the type of series I'm writing, but you know what? Let's get a little weird.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #262
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Are you really saying you want turtle boobs? I get your argument but it would be like revealing wheter Dreadmon has two or ten nipples, it would just make things a little too weird.
oh, i think weirdness will begin when the adult fanart and doujinshi start popping up and i know they're comin, it's only a matter of time. just look at the stuff they've done on alopex.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics

Last edited by lonewarrior20; 07-17-2019 at 02:10 AM.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:18 AM   #263
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
oh, i think weirdness will begin when the adult fanart and doujinshi start popping up and i know they're comin, it's only a matter of time. just look at the stuff they've done on alopex.
Alopex is just learning what it means to be an anthropomorphic fox on the internet. It doesn't happen to _every_ anthro character... much...
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:59 PM   #264
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
It suddenly strikes me that aside from having her under Splinter’s wing for...goodness 40+ issues of the comic now right? Jennika has another parallel with her new “brothers”: She “died” and came back in a new body. Right after saying Splinter and the Turtles were a family she hadn’t had before and she was willing to die for them.

I sort of want to do a full Jennika retrospective post...
Do it, Mutant Ninja Anole! I'd love to read it!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:34 PM   #265
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Wow, I need to be more careful what I post here. Now I feel obligated. Okay guys, when I get a chance I’ll try!
Old 07-17-2019, 05:35 PM   #266
Allio
Foot Elite

I’ll be doing a Jennika video myself. More of a “who Jennika” a “why Jennika” possible storylines
Old 07-17-2019, 05:39 PM   #267
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Wow, I need to be more careful what I post here. Now I feel obligated. Okay guys, when I get a chance I’ll try!
Do it or you shall forever be banished from this realm, coward.

No pressure though.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #268
ChosenOne
Banned

Some fascinating insight into Jennika's mutation: https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1151574115670560769
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #269
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Some fascinating insight into Jennika's mutation: https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1151574115670560769
I love how psyched Sophie is here! The crew all seems so supportive of each other. It is really like its own Turtles family!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:43 PM   #270
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The insight was fascinating, and I'm overall supportive of the path forward even if it isn't strictly a new take on Venus de Milo (which I would've preferred, in much the way those of you would've preferred Armaggon to Bludgeon).

But am I alone in not feeling the "sister" relationship at all? I haven't missed an issue, I'm an avid IDW fan, but I haven't gotten the sister vibe at all. More like ally/sort of friend...

Maybe if we'd had a TMNT Universe issue or two of the TMNT and Jennika doing something solo? Independent of the Foot/Splinter ongoing intrigue?
Old 07-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #271
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

To me it is more a half sister. Like Splinter's new family is the Foot, in a way, and Jennika is kind of like his daughter over there.

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #272
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
But am I alone in not feeling the "sister" relationship at all? I haven't missed an issue, I'm an avid IDW fan, but I haven't gotten the sister vibe at all. More like ally/sort of friend...

Maybe if we'd had a TMNT Universe issue or two of the TMNT and Jennika doing something solo? Independent of the Foot/Splinter ongoing intrigue?
No, you are not. I feel the same way. It would like mutating Woody.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #273
ChosenOne
Banned

Raise your hand if you actually thought, in the early days of the run, that Woody would be mutated into Mondo! (raises hand)
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:00 PM   #274
CyberCubed
Overlord

So am I reading that right in that Nickelodeon specifically didn’t want Jennika to be named Venus after mutation?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:18 PM   #275
Amanroth
New Recruit

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...I'll give it a chance.
I don't think turning to the final page of any comic before in my life has ever caused such a crazy mix of thoughts/emotions/alarms as this did for me personally the other day. So it wins one award. lol
I think I'm mostly in the boat of those that always thought there should never be a "fifth turtle" due to the fact that the four we know have always seemed like the perfect combination in terms of personality/attributes they each possess and work together with. It is quite hard to imagine another that could mesh well with them while feeling fully unique... Maybe something like a detached/outcast character could work and be a reason for not always being around, thus leaving the primary four as the primary four for the most part? We'll just have to wait and see how it is handled.
For the overall design, first critique would be the color yellow. At first glance, somebody not in the know might mistaken that for Mikey. I always thought the only colors left that would not be too much like what is already there would be white, black, or green (and green wouldn't work for obvious reasons! lol). Second critique would be the sword. With each turtle having a completely different signature weapon, it may be hard to think of another that wouldn't feel anything like the current ones, but there are plenty such options, with bow and arrows being one such thing. But that isn't really suited for close range combat, so having something else like those claws to go with it works. But looking at the other present item there I can't help but think, "Ditch the sword! Leo already has dibs on that!" lol
Amanroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:27 PM   #276
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I'm with you on the sword and multiple weapons, Amanroth! I picked the tekkokagi/claws as Jennika's weapon but she's already accumulating other weapons, haha. If she's going to feel like even somewhat part of the gang, then she needs to have just one signature weapon like the other Turtles do.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:40 PM   #277
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
I'm with you on the sword and multiple weapons, Amanroth! I picked the tekkokagi/claws as Jennika's weapon but she's already accumulating other weapons, haha. If she's going to feel like even somewhat part of the gang, then she needs to have just one signature weapon like the other Turtles do.
Personally though I always like the turtles armed with at least some spare shuriken and kunai alongside their trademark weapons.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #278
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Yeah, right now I’d say the claws work as her signature weapon, but as anyone who bought the toys knows, the turtles have always come with accessories.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 07-18-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #279
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanroth View Post
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...I'll give it a chance.
I don't think turning to the final page of any comic before in my life has ever caused such a crazy mix of thoughts/emotions/alarms as this did for me personally the other day. So it wins one award. lol
I think I'm mostly in the boat of those that always thought there should never be a "fifth turtle" due to the fact that the four we know have always seemed like the perfect combination in terms of personality/attributes they each possess and work together with. It is quite hard to imagine another that could mesh well with them while feeling fully unique... Maybe something like a detached/outcast character could work and be a reason for not always being around, thus leaving the primary four as the primary four for the most part? We'll just have to wait and see how it is handled.
For the overall design, first critique would be the color yellow. At first glance, somebody not in the know might mistaken that for Mikey. I always thought the only colors left that would not be too much like what is already there would be white, black, or green (and green wouldn't work for obvious reasons! lol). Second critique would be the sword. With each turtle having a completely different signature weapon, it may be hard to think of another that wouldn't feel anything like the current ones, but there are plenty such options, with bow and arrows being one such thing. But that isn't really suited for close range combat, so having something else like those claws to go with it works. But looking at the other present item there I can't help but think, "Ditch the sword! Leo already has dibs on that!" lol
You've been here since 2003 and THAT'S your first post???
Old 07-18-2019, 03:39 PM   #280
Amanroth
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
You've been here since 2003 and THAT'S your first post???
I've actually been around here since the very start, but never bothered to register until a certain poll I wanted to partake in happened during the then-new 2k3 series. Since then I just never felt like I had anything I wanted to share until the present. Must've been quite the event to get a twenty year lurker like me to step out of the shadows, huh?
Amanroth is offline   Reply With Quote