The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Goodbye, Super Goku.
My thoughts exactly. That is why I inquired above. The guy is like a boomerang.

I first posted on dccomics.com's official message board from the Spring of 2005 until its closure in March 2012. I actively posted there while lurking here. DC was upset with the overwhelmingly negative response to the New 52 and preference of members talking anything but new 52 and if talking about it was negative. Suhtting out the reaction it made it into a Facebook/Twitter hybrid ego stroker acting like it was going to reach a wider audience in revamping its social media communications and shutting out fanboys. I have gone back the website only a single number of times to confirm certain solicits.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:31 PM   #22
snake
Disgusting

I’m pretty sure it was Etsy, not SG.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #23
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Either TheTechnodrome was my first, or VanillaIce.com. I'm not sure which.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:17 PM   #24
Fanoftheweek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I’m pretty sure it was Etsy, not SG.
No, Sobble was Mew. I’m Etsy.

Missed you guys. Thanks for the shoutout in the Discord thread Cylons.

As for why we all keep returning:

Super Goku is insane and has an unhealthy obsession. You should hear some of the things he would message me about users here.

Mew is just kinda challenged and it’s just sad.

Me? I’ve only returned once or twice before this (the first being immediately after the ban). The second, I don’t think you guys even knew it was me. This place is the only real active TMNT forum online today, and it’s also a good way to stay up to date on the latest TMNT news. Recently I’ve been a part of the TMNT Comic and Art collectors group on FB which is full of fantastic people. As for my more recent Alt-Account, I reintegrated but I think Machias found my IP address.
I acted stupid with my first account because I was a kid who thought he was funny. We all know how that turned out, haha. Looking back, I cringe at my past self as all do.

Anyway, Hope you all are leading great lives, and I apologize for the mild inconveniences I caused during your web browsing three years ago.

Take care.

P.S. I’ve met a member here in person before at a small con. They didn’t know it was me though.
Fanoftheweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:34 AM   #25
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Is this Technodrome community slowly dying now, or just experiencing midyear decline?

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 06-15-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #26
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

I think this was my first forum
Old 06-21-2019, 01:22 AM   #27
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Rangerboard in 2002. That place was quite different back then and very un-pc with attitudes and behaviours we're all kind of continuing to atone for. I actually found myself permanently banned a couple of times there across 2004, and 2005, but kept crawling back. Finally, they gave up on banning me and gave me the benefit of the doubt, and I've remained there ever since. My last temporary ban was back in 2011.

I was a terror on Toon Zone. It was so bad that I started a little war with them over on their then-existing Wikipedia page where I contested the conduct of their policies and forum community. Toon Zone's pretty much a shell of it's former self now and largely irrelevant, so it's fair to say I came out the winner of that feud.

I went to TVTome where I became an editor and stayed there until it became TV.COM and I got kicked off (my own dumb fault as I wanted to hold onto power and denied up and coming contributors opportunities), I moved to the now defunct TVRage and did the same job, though this time a bit more professionally. I learn. Slowly.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:12 PM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

I've never been banned from a forum. At least not permanently. I got banned a couple of times from another forum when I was a teenager but they were temporary bans only. On IGN you used to get banned for using uncensored profanity or quoting a uer who happened not to censor a cuss word he typed. As in, let's say you quoted a chain of 4-5 quotes and one of the posts you quoted had an uncensored curse word in the middle of a long paragraph that you overlooked... you'd get banned for quoting it
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #29
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

My first forum back in 2003/2004 was a website called "Alexmassie" that was an Inuyahsa episode analysis website and stayed there for two years until it just randomly got taken down. I really loved that community and I really loved the people that were there and we had some riveting Inuyasha discussions. We had several sub sections just like here and everyone had a lot of interesting opinions and insights on different topics. Oh the dub vs. sub subcategory was always active. One some point during that forums twilight I began to get frustrated with Rumiko Takahashi and the Inuyasha property and started posting less and less. The Administrator got married and didn't do her episode analysis as much and when she stopped being so active threads started to get derailed and the best posters seemed to lose interest. I was barely on those days and was the occasional lurker. But I had no closure with that forum because it just wasn't there one day, which was a shame because I did not know what happened to all my peeps from that board.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:34 PM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

What did SG do anyway? After so many years is it really worse mutli-banning him? I don't think I was around whenever he did what he did, but honestly unless he threatened to harm someone here in real life, what harm can he really do to a bunch or 30-40 years old up in here?

I think my first forum was called SuperPope which dealt with DBZ stuff. It got funny near the end where it was attacked by a bunch of trolls and there was arguing back and forth, flame wars, people getting banned, them threatening to take the forum down, etc. It was crazy.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:01 PM   #31
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Pretty much this place.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:06 PM   #32
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Is this Technodrome community slowly dying now, or just experiencing midyear decline?
Just a lull, imo, together with it being summer. There really isn't a whole lot to generate much conversation these days. Rise's episodes alone just barely get any (if brief comments even count as conversion) and its format doesn't help. I miss the kinds of discussions we'd have over the 2012 eps.

If a new movie is still happening it would be a really good time to toss a little something out there about it to get people talking and speculating.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:08 PM   #33
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I miss the kind of episode discussions we had when the 2k3 series was still running.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

All forums have been dying since around 2010ish in favor of social media. Nearly every big message board/forum from the early/mid 2000's is either dying, a ghost town, or not half as active as it used to be. Even IGN which used to be one of the biggest message boards on the planet is a shadow of its former self.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #35
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I miss the kind of episode discussions we had when the 2k3 series was still running.
Yeah, I lurked on nearly every episode recap after Secret Origins. Despite my observations from afar and non-interactions those were great conversations.