The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-07-2015, 05:59 AM   #221
Mew
Banned

Oh God!
I hate this show. What an insult to the original series, but the creators haven't even seen the old show.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:03 AM   #222
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
Oh God!
I hate this show. What an insult to the original series, but the creators haven't even seen the old show.
But the show is like a parody. IMO, I don't think the show is supposed to be compared to the 2003 series and is supposed to be its own thing.

I don't like the humor of this show as it's a but obnoxious at times so I choose not to watch it, but I can't personally hate it since it is supposed to be a legit comedy.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #223
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

This show is okay, but I haven't really watched it lately as I've just stopped caring.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:34 AM   #224
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
But the show is like a parody. IMO, I don't think the show is supposed to be compared to the 2003 series and is supposed to be its own thing.

I don't like the humor of this show as it's a but obnoxious at times so I choose not to watch it, but I can't personally hate it since it is supposed to be a legit comedy.
Yeah, I would choose not to watch it. Waffles. I got a headache from that episode.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #225
CyberCubed
Overlord

For those who didn't know, the Young Justice "cameo" was nothing but a short 2 minute scene where only Aqualad spoke and Superboy/Miss Martian did nothing but stand in the background.

very disappointing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #226
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Yeah... I was hoping it'd be a more substantial rivalry sort of thing, where they tried to "out-serious" each other.

Very disappointing indeed.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:05 AM   #228
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Not just merch tho..

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:48 AM   #229
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think the original Teen Titans show will be revived, but after Young Justice came back, and tons of other old cartoon revivals like Samurai Jack, Ducktales, etc....I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it happens eventually.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #230
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I have heard that they're about to start airing re-runs, but only at 6 am (for now???)
Old 08-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #231
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kinda funny how the original Teen Titans only lasted 65 episodes. CN decided to end it back in 2006 despite it still being popular at the time. I always imagined the original Teen Titans could have gone on for 100 episodes or more, but it's very short in comparison.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #232
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It lasted 5 seasons, that's pretty long tbh.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:57 PM   #233
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It lasted 5 seasons, that's pretty long tbh.
When each season is only 13 episodes though, it's not that much.

For example Nick's TMNT lasted 5 seasons we got 124 episodes out of it. A far cry from Teen Titans only 65.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #234
Shark_Blade
Emperor

If you look at Sherlock, it only has 3 episodes per season - now it's at Season 4.

That's still pretty long for me. More doesn't mean quality anyway, most of the time it's just pointless fillers.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #235
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
That's still pretty long for me. More doesn't mean quality anyway, most of the time it's just pointless fillers.
Teen Titans had a lot of "fillers" then too, out of its 65 episode run.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #236
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Teen Titans had a lot of "fillers" then too, out of its 65 episode run.
I really feel I should go on an "LOL, what?" rant on Teen Titans with the Turtles here, but I'm not.

As Shark Blade pointed out, it still lasted a decent time in comparison to most modern animated super hero shows after the DCAU. The way I see it, quality over quantity. It had less episodes than the average TMNT show, but still had enough episodes that, to this day, leave an impact on its audience.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:06 AM   #237
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

It's promotion for a Teen Titans Go! episode in the future, apparently. Tara Strong already more or less confirmed it in a Comic Con interview.

If you're a die hard OG Teen Titans loyalist, I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything, because TTG! enjoys poking fun at the people who hate it and I love it for that.

Quote:
I don't think the original Teen Titans show will be revived, but after Young Justice came back, and tons of other old cartoon revivals like Samurai Jack, Ducktales, etc....I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it happens eventually.
It's such a relic of mid 2000's animation at this point, I'm not particularly sorry if it doesn't come back. American animation was wrapped up in that "fusion" nonsense where anime was kicking its ass and it was desperate to capitalize. So many bad Japanese anime trope ripoffs. So cringy. It's like looking at 1995 era early 3D polygon games now.

If they want to do a serious animated Teen Titans again - and to be honest, that's more a matter of when, not if - it would be best to start from scratch with better modern animation. Maybe something like what the DTV's have done. Maybe not with the animation budget, since we're talking series vs DTV film, but something like that.

Quote:
It's kinda funny how the original Teen Titans only lasted 65 episodes. CN decided to end it back in 2006 despite it still being popular at the time. I always imagined the original Teen Titans could have gone on for 100 episodes or more, but it's very short in comparison.
Unfortunately, that's around average for a given DC series. Batman: TAS made it in the 80's before it was wrapped, with a two year break before it was relaunched with the new art style. Batman Beyond only made it to fifty two. The first Justice League stopped in the fifties, though JLU would come before long. Superman stopped in the fifties. The Batman had sixty five. Batman: The Brave and the Bold had around that.

It's honestly not short in comparison to its immediate peers. For some reason, DC shows have a certain ceiling. I guess it depends on what CN wants to do, since they tend to be the primary channel for it. It almost ended sooner than that; from what I remember, The End was supposed to be the series finale, but the show ended up renewed one last time.

Quote:
If you look at Sherlock, it only has 3 episodes per season - now it's at Season 4.

One need only look at the heyday of the Saturday morning cartoon for that. Made for syndication with huge episode counts that did nothing with it.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:14 AM   #238
CyberCubed
Overlord

Teen Titans had season long arcs, but aside from that there were plenty of stand-alone or filler type eps inbetween them. Of course a lot of eps focused on developing the characters of Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, or Cyborg...so people don't consider those filler. But even all the funny eps like the crazy Mad Mod eps can all be considered filler.

Then again in a show like Teen Titans, who cares? Enjoy the whole show.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:22 AM   #239
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I am still mad that Starfire didn't get a villain story arc like the rest of them.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #240
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Teen Titans had season long arcs, but aside from that there were plenty of stand-alone or filler type eps inbetween them. Of course a lot of eps focused on developing the characters of Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, or Cyborg...so people don't consider those filler. But even all the funny eps like the crazy Mad Mod eps can all be considered filler.

Then again in a show like Teen Titans, who cares? Enjoy the whole show.
Again, as I said earlier, TMNT has the exact same thing you're discussing here. The difference with the Titans and TMNT is that even when there's "filler," the Titans have had more development before an eventual battle with Slade or any of the major villains. Not so much with the Turtles to a large extent. In other words, reaching, definitely reaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I am still mad that Starfire didn't get a villain story arc like the rest of them.
This is something I definitely had an issue with. Outside her sister Blackfire, Star never had a big story arc. If the series had gone on, something tells me Starfire would've been the next Titan focused on, at least I think so.

Star was my favorite Titan growing up in the show; nowadays, Cyborg and Raven are my favorites. She definitely could've used it.

Tags
tothecucks