The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #1001
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant

This happened yesterday but I got a presale ticket to see Kraftwerk on one of their 12 US dates. The ticket was a bit pricey but it's going to be so worth it because Kraftwerk are a band I have wanted to see forever and I never thought I'd get the chance to see them live until now.
mexichrist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #1002
pennydreadful
trash

I got to visit my kid sister at her work last night - she works in a breeding center for guide dogs. I got to "assist" her at work for about an hour. My duties were to tire three litters of puppies (14 puppies in total) out before their bedtime. This consisted of lots of running around and playing tug-of-war.

They were soooooo cute!!! I was dripping with sweat by the time I was done - those little fuzzballs wore me out! Canine cardio session.

And then I got to make them bedtime snacks before they went to sleep.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:37 PM   #1003
Leo656
The Franchise

Awwww, puppiiiiiiieeezzzzzzz.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #1004
pennydreadful
trash

I knoooooow, they were utterly adorbs! Two were golden labs and the other twelve were black labs. The smallest ones were the most exhausting! They had me totally outnumbered.

It was really good; took my mind off sh*t and I needed a good workout - slept like a baby all of last night. I think I'll go again next fortnight. Puppies are an excellent exercise motivator.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 05-08-2015, 10:52 PM   #1005
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
And a great anti-depressant, too! Penny, have you thought of getting a dog or cat to help with your depression? Pets can be great for lowering blood-pressure, calming stress, and for self-esteem. Just a thought. Plus, there's nothing better than having that warm furry body to cuddle with at night. Or a purring kitty to lull you to sleep.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:05 PM   #1006
Leo656
The Franchise

Our little guy is such a goofball. When my wife and I came home from the gym, the dog was on the living room sofa bed with her parents watching a movie. She sat on the edge of the bed to pet him as I was walking by, and when he saw me, he did that goofy "lay on his back and try to swim/crawl to get to me" thing. I went over to him and he kissed me right in the eye. Then he gave me and her a ton of kisses. Then when I tried to sit differently, he thought I was leaving, and he reached out to stop me and smacked me in the face.

He's rather playful and rambunctious. Every afternoon at 2, he runs around the yard in circles barking to protect us from the mail truck.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:23 PM   #1007
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Heh. Our cat turns into a face-hugger whenever "that time" rolls around (for HER, not me). She gets super clingy, wants to be draped over my shoulder, and rolls around on the floor a lot. She also makes some of the funniest sounds. But she's also one of the sweetest kitties we've had, and we've had quite a few "people-kitties". She also fusses loudly if we're late giving her "num-nums" at night. Her treats HAVE to be on time!

Old 05-08-2015, 11:41 PM   #1008
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
He's rather playful and rambunctious. Every afternoon at 2, he runs around the yard in circles barking to protect us from the mail truck.
Our dog did this with the UPS truck that made its daily rounds in my subdivision. He hardly "chased" the Fed-Ex trucks while he was in our backyard, but he absolutely hated the UPS trucks.
I later heard that there is a noise that certain tires make that dogs can hear *but is inaudible to human ears*, therefore this noise can make dogs literally go nuts whenever a vehicle is moving or turning the corner.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:48 AM   #1009
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
And a great anti-depressant, too! Penny, have you thought of getting a dog or cat to help with your depression? Pets can be great for lowering blood-pressure, calming stress, and for self-esteem. Just a thought. Plus, there's nothing better than having that warm furry body to cuddle with at night. Or a purring kitty to lull you to sleep.....
Heh - yeah, I have 3 rescue kitties. They've got me wrapped around their paws! My fave boy sleeps on the bed with me every night, which is definitely a huge comfort, and it's nice having company when the bae is working nightshift.

Only down-side is that it makes it SO difficult to wear black clothes! My black jeans attract cat-fuzz like a mofo.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #1010
Prowler
Emperor

Playing the PS1 for the first time ever in my life. The biggest console I had never even put my hands on, let alone play.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #1011
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So many unneeded keywords saved by the browser (Firefox) that show up for some search bars; including typos. Never really knew of a way to clear those out.

Thought hmm... mouse-over highlight + right click? No...
Highlight + press delete key?

Worked.

So simple, wish I knew that sooner. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #1012
Prowler
Emperor

I feel like my body has gotten slightly more toned in the past 3 months or so. It's not noticeable to someone else, but I feel like my biceps and my chest muscles have gotten a bit more defined. This can't be a bad thing, I suppose...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #1013
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Finally figured out how to get eac3to to work!
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #1014
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Did a short academic study task thingy online that I've been trying for the past few days to get hold of out of curiosity and finally manged to grab it when it was available again just now.

Some fictional genetics-related thing having to do with some fictional island called "Turtle Island" and two fictional turtle species. Their info was a little bit of a mind bender, I don't quite have a headache from it... almost. But I had to laugh that one of the two fictional species was "Bayosian." I'm sure it is simply a coincidence (though who knows, maybe the person doing the study is a TMNT fan), but had to think to myself, are these Michael Bayosians by chance? I want so much to mention something about it on the review site, but we're not supposed to give away any info of the task/study itself. lol

So, almost headache not great, but the possible Bay Turtle connection made me laugh.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:26 PM   #1015
pennydreadful
trash

Doing a beta on a TMNT fanfic chapter - first one I've done in a few weeks so it was nice; took my mind off things for a bit.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #1016
Fang Wolf
Proud Swedish Furry

I managed to find all the Runes and the secrets of foul Sorcery on furaffinity.
Fang Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:30 PM   #1017
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

All of the ground cover plants in my back yard that I thought were hostas, are really Lilly of the Valley...and they're all in bloom. It smells so wonderful in the yard these days.

Add to that the glory that are Credit Card points which can be spent on things like: replacement aquarium filters, and...man, so happy.
Just so so happy.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #1018
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

Summer break finally hit, and I'm back home & done unpacking. Finally have some free time on my hands now, after having to focus solely on schoolwork for the past 4 1/2 months...can draw for fun again, get back to working out, and start working to get some moolah in the bank.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #1019
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

A nice day off tomorrow, and hopefully I'll get a chance to watch the latest Nick episode. Sites I normally use not currently streaming it, but I can be patient. And I just got a big chunk of writing done last night on my LIS tale, so I may have a new chapter to post soon!

Old 05-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #1020
Kanon
Stone Warrior

I have now a "bookshelf of fame" for my fav. books.
It looks kinda Victorian and I am proud of myself that I didn´t destroy the wall like a wrecking ball.