The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-25-2016, 06:26 PM   #161
Slade
god status

I turned it off...let me know if I should have kept watching...
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:33 PM   #162
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

This is getting good. Friendship is on the line. Can't wait to see what happens next.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"

Last edited by Splinter the boss; 02-25-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #163
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

It was neat episode, but I don't know. Something about it just felt off compared to the previous ones. I liked Grant Wilson and Conner a lot though.

I was surprised Oliver didn't bring up Barry, but then again if Thawne's newspaper from 2024 is still correct the Flash is probably still MIA.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:53 PM   #164
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

It was a good episode. I like the goatee look on Oliver.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:36 AM   #165
Slade
god status

I guess I'll finish the episode, I was just pissed it wasn't Slade damnit.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #166
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

I was really excited for this episode, mostly due to Connor Hawke, but... ehh, I was pretty disappointed.

It wasn't terrible or anything. Connor was pretty good, but having him be Diggle's son instead of Ollie's kind of removed some immediate, in-story impact for everyone who isn't actively following "Arrow". And "I call myself Connor Hawke because of Reasons" just felt dumb and forced compared to that just... being his name.

Grant Wilson was an irritating turd. I guess he was supposed to be a turd, but I definitely didn't feel he was ever the threat he was described to be in the episode.

And for an actor, Stephen Amell continues to be a pretty good stuntman. His role here had the most sheer potential for pathos, but the best he could pull off was a slightly gruffer version of his usual blandness. I'd blame the writing, but every other actor in this episode had a much better showing than he did, so.... yeah.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #167
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

My wife's been out of town, so I'm waiting to watch this episode with her when she gets back.

Sounds like I'm not missing much, eh?

I freely admit, I've stopped enjoying LoT for the plot and simply love it for all of the great Rory/Snart/Jax/Stein character development. Oh, and Sara... she's been pretty great.

The whole plot has been written about as intelligently as an obese hamster addicted to paint fumes.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #168
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Now that I think about it that 2046 Star City is what happens when Olicity takes over the world
Old 02-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #169
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So we watched it last night. Except for the scenes with Heatwave and Cold, we both hated it. Too much Green Arrow, too much dumb "Kendra is hawt I want to give her babies" drama. Seriously, half of the entire cast was rolled up into that BS.

Also, John Diggle Jr as "Connor Hawke" is the dumbest forced BS since "John Robin Blake."

First dud of an episode for us, but hell, the Mick/Snart falling out was still pretty awesome. Can't wait to see further ramifications of that.

Mick is McAwesome.

ADDED: Oh, and "Dimples" Wilson was utterly lacking as a threat. I thought Slade was just being a diehard over it, but I'm with him. Should've been Slade. "Dimples" was completely shoehorned in, and WHY THE HELL DOES STAR CITY GET ATTACKED EVERY DAMN SEASON? Even in Legends of Tomorrow, Star City has to face a CITYWIDE APOCALYPSE.

I am so utterly finally completely irrevocably sick of Arrow. Send Slade Wilson, John Diggle, Roy Harper, and Laurel Lance to Flash or Legends of Tomorrow and put what used to be a good show out of its (and our) misery.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:21 AM   #170
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So we watched it last night. Except for the scenes with Heatwave and Cold, we both hated it. Too much Green Arrow, too much dumb "Kendra is hawt I want to give her babies" drama. Seriously, half of the entire cast was rolled up into that BS.

Also, John Diggle Jr as "Connor Hawke" is the dumbest forced BS since "John Robin Blake."

First dud of an episode for us, but hell, the Mick/Snart falling out was still pretty awesome. Can't wait to see further ramifications of that.

Mick is McAwesome.

ADDED: Oh, and "Dimples" Wilson was utterly lacking as a threat. I thought Slade was just being a diehard over it, but I'm with him. Should've been Slade. "Dimples" was completely shoehorned in, and WHY THE HELL DOES STAR CITY GET ATTACKED EVERY DAMN SEASON? Even in Legends of Tomorrow, Star City has to face a CITYWIDE APOCALYPSE.

I am so utterly finally completely irrevocably sick of Arrow. Send Slade Wilson, John Diggle, Roy Harper, and Laurel Lance to Flash or Legends of Tomorrow and put what used to be a good show out of its (and our) misery.
Haha!! Man that was almost hard to follow.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:14 AM   #171
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

RIP Heatwave. Anyone else got a major "Of Mice & Men" vibe in that last scene between him and Cold?

And wow, I can't believe they actually referenced Space Ranger, Imperiex and Kanjar Ro! Guess that means aliens do exist in the Arrowverse.

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 03-04-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #172
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

A really good episode. It started a little boring, but got good. That episode left me speechless and shocked. I never thought Heatwave would go as far as letting time pirates on the ship, fighting to kill Sarah. That ending, though, I can't wait for next episode. I just can't believe Cold would kill him like that.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:48 PM   #173
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

With the show getting renewed, any thoughts on who the main villain should be?

While I wouldn't want to seem him debut in the next one, I'm hoping the show has the guts at actually bring this big bad to life somewhere down the road:

Spoiler:

Old 03-11-2016, 04:37 PM   #174
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I hope Constantine Vixen and maybe Jonah Hex join the legends in season 2
Old 03-27-2016, 03:55 PM   #175
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Natalie Abrams Verified account
‏@NatalieAbrams

That #LegendsofTomorrow sizzle reel was UNREAL! Jonah Hex, Felicity, Giant ATOM and… Talia?!

**** why is Felicity coming to LOT. I don't want her ruining LOT.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/821...ndercon-video/ here is the video you can see
Old 03-27-2016, 04:19 PM   #176
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Natalie Abrams Verified account
‏@NatalieAbrams

That #LegendsofTomorrow sizzle reel was UNREAL! Jonah Hex, Felicity, Giant ATOM and… Talia?!

**** why is Felicity coming to LOT. I don't want her ruining LOT.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/821...ndercon-video/ here is the video you can see
IDK if it's just me, but something is majorly wrong with the video's audio. Here's a better link:

Anyway, as for the trailer itself, WOW!

-So Talia al Ghul actually existed in the Arrowverse. NEAT! Wonder whatever happened to her?
-Jonah Hex looks pretty good. Looking forward to the Western episode
-Ray's got his own Atom Museum! Guess Barry can't be the only hero to get his own museum. And Atom drones!

Old 03-27-2016, 04:23 PM   #177
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
IDK if it's just me, but something is majorly wrong with the video's audio. Here's a better link:

Anyway, as for the trailer itself, WOW!

-So Talia al Ghul actually existed in the Arrowverse. NEAT! Wonder whatever happened to her?
-Jonah Hex looks pretty good. Looking forward to the Western episode
-Ray's got his own Atom Museum! Guess Barry can't be the only hero to get his own museum. And Atom drones!
lets hope Felicity is a small cameo and no other episodes
Old 03-27-2016, 04:26 PM   #178
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
lets hope Felicity is a small cameo and no other episodes
Considering it shows Felicity still in her wheelchair it's most definitely either a cameo or flashback, thankfully.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #179
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Considering it shows Felicity still in her wheelchair it's most definitely either a cameo or flashback, thankfully.
I hope so I don't want her ruining this show like she has in Arrow
Old 03-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #180
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Talia is one of my favorite DC characters... the TRUE Daughter of the Demon!

Still, I'm glad they didn't use her. She got no business fooling around with Oliver. She needs Bruce. And I need Damian!