The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Did anyone stop and ask... just because we COULD ban CyberCubed... SHOULD we?

But don't worry, Cylons. pferreira should be online tomorrow for his weekly scheduled net time.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:50 PM   #82
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

It's creeping me out a little bit.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #83
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm not sure the Technodrome Forums would be able to withstand the newfound sense of respectability as a TMNT forum and sudden raise in overall IQ points. It might make the whole site collapse.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:57 PM   #84
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

But don't worry, Cylons. pferreira should be online tomorrow for his weekly scheduled net time.
Too true, Andrew. If the doctors thought internet access would help him reintegrate with society, they were sadly mistaken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm not sure the Technodrome Forums would be able to withstand the newfound sense of respectability as a TMNT forum and sudden raise in overall IQ points. It might make the whole site collapse.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:02 PM   #85
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Whoa, what kind of sh!t storm did I walk into here?? Cubed and Nines banned at the same time?? But it's just temporary right? Do we really ban people simply for talking politics or did something else go down while I was away this afternoon?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #86
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Whoa, what kind of sh!t storm did I walk into here?? Cubed and Nines banned at the same time?? But it's just temporary right? Do we really ban people simply for talking politics or did something else go down while I was away this afternoon?
Yes, temporary, and no, it didn't happen in this thread or for political reasons; it happened because Cubed and Nines go at each other like Klingons and Romulans. Here, there, everywhere.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #87
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
While we're not supposed to talk politics, they were temp-banned for shenanigans elsethread. Or rather, maybe elsethread was the straw that broke the mods' resolve.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #88
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Klingons and Romulans. A Vulcan might consider their banning a logical solution.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:39 PM   #89
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Yes, temporary, and no, it didn't happen in this thread or for political reasons; it happened because Cubed and Nines go at each other like Klingons and Romulans. Here, there, everywhere.
Ha, yeah, they remind me of my grandparents sometimes, those two. Fun stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
While we're not supposed to talk politics, they were temp-banned for shenanigans elsethread. Or rather, maybe elsethread was the straw that broke the mods' resolve.
Hmm, I kind of feel like... we should be able to talk politics? I mean, people already bite each others' heads off for differences of opinion on a comic/cartoon from thirty years ago, how could it get any worse??

Maybe it is too much to ask people here to be civil to each other while discussing politics/religion/other controversial matters but I don't see how it could be much worse than some of these threads about why episode such-and-such is a bunch of drivel or why character [blank] sucks ass
Old 04-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #90
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Hmm, I kind of feel like... we should be able to talk politics? I mean, people already bite each others' heads off for differences of opinion on a comic/cartoon from thirty years ago, how could it get any worse??
Tend to agree. There's always going to be fiery opinions with politics... removing the discussion or banning the discussers seems odd. Why not just avoid the threads?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #91
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Tend to agree. There's always going to be fiery opinions with politics... removing the discussion or banning the discussers seems odd. Why not just avoid the threads?
Exactly. We have forums and sub-forums out the ass, people can stay in whatever little bubble they want. I stayed in the comics forum for like four years before I even found out that people were having discussions about things other than ninja turtles
Old 04-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #92
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Why not just avoid the threads?
People want their opinions heard.

Nobody wants to be respectful, though, everyone thinks their opinions are superior to anyone who doesn't think like they do.

Hence we can't have anything nice here.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote