The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #1041
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW Mikey still says dumb catchphrases and gets looked on as a doofus by his brothers lots of times. I think you guys don't remember how many lame catch phrases IDW Mikey still says, plus his love for pizza is just as strong there too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:44 AM   #1042
eskater
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
IDW Mikey still says dumb catchphrases and gets looked on as a doofus by his brothers lots of times. I think you guys don't remember how many lame catch phrases IDW Mikey still says, plus his love for pizza is just as strong there too.
I never liked that aspect in any incarnation of Mikey, pizza for me whatever but the catch phrases can be too much sometimes.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:13 AM   #1043
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well in the recent issue of IDW Dimension X #3 Micelangelo just shouted Cowabunga in it, so IDW Mikey isn't that far removed from the cartoon ones. He also has the same role as the "dim-witted younger brother" in the series, Raphael constantly picks on him like in Nick/4kids too.

Anyway, I wonder if the new show will use all new mutants rather than old ones. Every new series always throws in new mutants we've never seen before, but at this point almost every animal has been used as a mutant somewhere, so it's hard to think of completely new concepts.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #1044
eskater
Thug

Quote:
Well in the recent issue of IDW Dimension X #3 Micelangelo just shouted Cowabunga in it, so IDW Mikey isn't that far removed from the cartoon ones. He also has the same role as the "dim-witted younger brother" in the series, Raphael constantly picks on him like in Nick/4kids too.

Anyway, I wonder if the new show will use all new mutants rather than old ones. Every new series always throws in new mutants we've never seen before, but at this point almost every animal has been used as a mutant somewhere, so it's hard to think of completely new concepts.
I think maybe they'll just use the old mutants but in different ways possibly, 1 new mutant here or there but I don't think it'll be an explosion of new mutants.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #1045
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Well in the recent issue of IDW Dimension X #3 Micelangelo just shouted Cowabunga in it, so IDW Mikey isn't that far removed from the cartoon ones. He also has the same role as the "dim-witted younger brother" in the series
I'm so sick of this. It's like writers don't know what to do with Mikey if he's not like that, or are afraid of people's reactions.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #1046
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

IDW Mikey is not 'OT/Fred Wolf dumb guy'.

IDW Mikey is also the only one to have the courage to stand up and so 'no' to splinter when he didn't like what their sensei and father was doing. IDW Mikey is the only one who can read Japanese, due to his past life. IDW Mikey has called the others out on their fighting with each other, and stood up for his principles. IDW Mikey is not dumb, he just has a lot of heart, and likes helping people. Yelling 'Cowbunga' once in the IDW comics for the the first time in the series's six-year-run does not suddenly morph him into OT Mikey.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:02 AM   #1047
eskater
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post

IDW Mikey is also the only one to have the courage to stand up and so 'no' to splinter when he didn't like what their sensei and father was doing. IDW Mikey is the only one who can read Japanese, due to his past life. IDW Mikey has called the others out on their fighting with each other, and stood up for his principles. IDW Mikey is not dumb, he just has a lot of heart, and likes helping people. Yelling 'Cowbunga' once in the IDW comics for the the first time in the series's six-year-run does not suddenly morph him into OT Mikey.
Yes yes and YES.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #1048
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post

Exactly. I think all of them are well rounded with multiple layers and I'll also add that no, Raph is not always picking on Mikey in IDW series.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 08-18-2017 at 05:10 AM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation