The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #2461
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdUK View Post
I popped the head off on mine and inside the eyes is one white rubber strip. I heated that up and worked the eye I wanted to move free then twisted it back into a better position holding it there till it cooled down.
Inside head shots page 112

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #2462
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdUK View Post
I popped the head off on mine and inside the eyes is one white rubber strip. I heated that up and worked the eye I wanted to move free then twisted it back into a better position holding it there till it cooled down.
What did you use to heat up just one side?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #2463
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
What did you use to heat up just one side?
Hair dryer with a paper cone is what I usually use to pinpoint heat application.
Just roll up card stock into a cone tape it and apply heat with hairdryer. Warning don't use high heat. It will mealt your hairdryer if you attach cone. Hold the tip of cone to area and blow higher heat into the cone, use caution.

Last edited by mikeyatemypizza; 08-18-2017 at 11:19 AM.
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:41 AM   #2464
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I'm luckier than the rest of you I guess, the one I got was fine.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #2465
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I'm luckier than the rest of you I guess, the one I got was fine.
Mine are fine, but I got to choose mine from 10 and I nit picked every little thing. I was definitely curious what the inside of the heads looked like though. They took an interesting path to getting eyes installed. Other companies used paint but they had printed rubber strips. Interesting on some of the design choices that companies choose to make their products.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #2466
MrVadersfist
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
He's a little walleyed, but it looks fine in person. The mask tends to cast a shadow in his right eye anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/iHl93ZN.jpg
I enjoy reading peoples opinions but one of the funny things I noticed is how a pic of a turtle like this and people say, its just a tad off. But if you see something like this in another company's product (I.e. Mondo or DreamEx) you get the "what were they thinking, I'd never buy that," and "doesn't this company learn from their past mistakes?"

Just a fun little observation, not looking to make waves here
MrVadersfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #2467
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVadersfist View Post
I enjoy reading peoples opinions but one of the funny things I noticed is how a pic of a turtle like this and people say, its just a tad off. But if you see something like this in another company's product (I.e. Mondo or DreamEx) you get the "what were they thinking, I'd never buy that," and "doesn't this company learn from their past mistakes?"

I hope you're not comparing my NECA and mondo posts. Only 2 people are reporting SLIGHTLY derp eyes on the 1/4 NECA line. The sdcc NECA has TERRIBLE derpy eyes and it's widespread. No one has been gentle to them there. Mondo on the other hand has had an atrocious track record on QC and costs double these in many cases. Not to mention the 3 year delay in delivery

Old 08-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #2468
imevilduckie
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I hope you're not comparing my NECA and mondo posts. Only 2 people are reporting SLIGHTLY derp eyes on the 1/4 NECA line. The sdcc NECA has TERRIBLE derpy eyes and it's widespread. No one has been gentle to them there. Mondo on the other hand has had an atrocious track record on QC and costs double these in many cases. Not to mention the 3 year delay in delivery
Let's be fair. It hasn't been three years. It's been just less than two... and I fail to see how $150 is double of $100. I get that you've had a bad experience, but let's keep things in perspective.
imevilduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #2469
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

I agree with Coro, the wait we had for the price we paid vs the actual product we got

Im not sure its all Mondos fault but they had a part in it, and they had final say before they went to customers. I too had a bad experience, i went through 3 Leonardos

Last edited by go_ninja84; 08-20-2017 at 08:54 PM.
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:18 PM   #2470
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by imevilduckie View Post
Let's be fair. It hasn't been three years. It's been just less than two... and I fail to see how $150 is double of $100. I get that you've had a bad experience, but let's keep things in perspective.
Check eBay...150 IS double

Last edited by Coro; 08-21-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:54 AM   #2471
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

So do we think Michelangelo is going to hit NECA's eBay and Amazon tomorrow? Haven't they been putting the Turtles up for sale a week before the shipping calendar? I can't recall if they did that for Leo ... or if it was just a few days before.

I do remember Don and Raph being available a week prior though.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #2472
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
So do we think Michelangelo is going to hit NECA's eBay and Amazon tomorrow? Haven't they been putting the Turtles up for sale a week before the shipping calendar? I can't recall if they did that for Leo ... or if it was just a few days before.

I do remember Don and Raph being available a week prior though.
Not sure but I usually have shipping notifications before they go up. I dont have anything yet about Mikey

Old 08-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #2473
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Question

what are they charging for miky when you pile on the discounts ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #2474
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
I agree with Coro, the wait we had for the price we paid vs the actual product we got

Im not sure its all Mondos fault but they had a part in it, and they had final say before they went to customers. I too had a bad experience, i went through 3 Leonardos
I bought two Leonardo figures by Mondo and have no complaints. Why are we talking about them in the NECA thread still?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #2475
statik
Foot Soldier

Okay I need some help. Tired of waiting on Neca to respond the email I used that was shared just recently in here. A week with silence.

So I bought all four from Entertainment Earth. Currently I have Donny and Raph on display on the lowest shelf. Leo is still in his box because I'm paranoid now.

Basically both Donny and Raphs leg joints got crazy loose. They won't support their own weight anymore. I found this out because they fell off the shelf, luckily the landing is carpet in that room. Donny's legs have even come off. The pegs are still intact but the bottom of the shell can be pried apart to put the legs back in. Raph broke one of his sai's in three pieces due to the fall.

Pretty annoyed. I loved these guys at first, detail is amazing. Not too happy to come home one day to this though. On top of Neca not answering email.

What should I do?
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:08 PM   #2476
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
Okay I need some help. Tired of waiting on Neca to respond the email I used that was shared just recently in here. A week with silence.

So I bought all four from Entertainment Earth. Currently I have Donny and Raph on display on the lowest shelf. Leo is still in his box because I'm paranoid now.

Basically both Donny and Raphs leg joints got crazy loose. They won't support their own weight anymore. I found this out because they fell off the shelf, luckily the landing is carpet in that room. Donny's legs have even come off. The pegs are still intact but the bottom of the shell can be pried apart to put the legs back in. Raph broke one of his sai's in three pieces due to the fall.

Pretty annoyed. I loved these guys at first, detail is amazing. Not too happy to come home one day to this though. On top of Neca not answering email.

What should I do?
I too have been having a hard time getting NECA to respond to emails (mine are about the sdcc 2017 set) I am only 3 emails deep. How about you?

If you bought them from EE, you might be able to return them there as defective, though maybe not the Raph. Do you have them displayed near a heat source like the sun? That could loosen joints.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:27 AM   #2477
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVadersfist View Post

It's a tad off; a matter of millimetres. I've been critical of NECA before for QC and breakage, but Leo's eyes don't look that bad to me, and the overall quality of the figure is great for the price. If his leg broke off, that would be another story.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #2478
Coro
Mad Scientist

MIKEY UPDATE

I just got charged and got shipping notices from NECA about Mikey. This usually means I will have them in about a week. Expect to see them on the NECA eBay page soon.

I will ship as soon as they arrive.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #2479
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post

What should I do?
I have a Donatello like this. On mine the screw between his legs that holds his inner shell together broke. That combined with glue that didn't hold, maybe due to added strain, means his inner shell opens at the bottom. That lets his legs pop out. I plan to try to take him apart and repair him at some point. I just don't have time now. I bought another which was fine. My Leo and Raph seem good too. I don't pose them a lot. I make sure I support the limbs and joints as much as possible when I do too.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:21 AM   #2480
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Mikey is finally up on NECA's Amazon and eBay stores!

https://www.facebook.com/necaofficia...493398479706:0

So pumped to finally get all four!