The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-21-2015, 12:32 AM   #9061
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

Ive been playing a lot of old school snes, nes and genesis games on my retron 5 lately too. A lot of great games ( the adventures of batman and robin, batman , batman returns, spiderman maximum carnage, captain America and the avengers, tmnt ,ect) that you can't download in the Nintendo store.

Back to the vita, I love it . Been playing a lot of the old ps1 final fantasy games , the telltale walking dead , a wolf among us, uncharted, kill zone just to name a few plus I'm addicted to ps now too. Reminds me of the old days when you went to "video rental stores" to try any game you wanted
STORMSHADOW__210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:52 AM   #9062
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Got both Vita and 3DS! Love em both

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #9063
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I've been buying a lot of VC and other games I've wanted for a while on the eshop for my 3DS since I want to get to coins to get enough coins for Brain Age: Concentration training. I know that I've already spent more than what Brain Age costs and I'm still more than 100 coins away from the game but these were all games I wanted to get at some point anyway so might as well get them now and get Brain Age for free.

Anywho with all this crap I've been buying I realized my 3DS is a beast of a console, I have so many great games on it that are always "with me". I've bought most of my GB/C collection that is available on the eshop, these are games that sometimes I've wanted to play but didn't feel like finding batteries or looking for the cartridge and now I'll be able to play them. A shame there aren't more GB/GBC titles on the eshop though, there's still plenty missing even from Nintendo themselves.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #9064
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

Even though I got a wii when it came out, I have mostly been a 98% Sony / Microsoft guy since PS3/ps4 era.

After recently getting a wii u for Xmas , I feel like I am a reborn Nintendo man. It's a very different gaming experience from Sony and Microsoft. Just simply fun video games . Been playing Mario Kart 8, Zelda Wind Waker, super Mario wii u, Mario 3d world and Donkey Kong tropic freeze. Love them all!

Was very surprised to see Game boy advance games in N store too . Playing Zelda Minish Cap for first time .

I wish they would put the snes Star Wars games in the store. The wii has them but not wii u store.

Also am playing the metroid prime trilogy for first time too. Grabbed it for 9.99 first week up at N store
Old 03-02-2015, 02:51 AM   #9065
Memphis
Stone Warrior

All I need is the Wii Virtual Console so I can play THE greatest RPG of all time. Phantasy Star IV. That game is my boo and has me like <3.

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:53 AM   #9066
Mew
Banned

I'm gon get the SH Figurarts(excuse me for spelling) Mario and Luigi.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:20 AM   #9067
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMSHADOW__210 View Post
Even though I got a wii when it came out, I have mostly been a 98% Sony / Microsoft guy since PS3/ps4 era.

After recently getting a wii u for Xmas , I feel like I am a reborn Nintendo man. It's a very different gaming experience from Sony and Microsoft. Just simply fun video games . Been playing Mario Kart 8, Zelda Wind Waker, super Mario wii u, Mario 3d world and Donkey Kong tropic freeze. Love them all!
Oh man I totally understand you here. I had a Wii all throughout that console generation, but I hardly ever played it. I stuck to my DS, and while I was attached to it like glue, I wasn't really "into" it.

When I got what I like to jokingly call the Royal Wii U, I fell in love with it. And I only have three games for mine. Super Smash Bros is incredible, there's so much to do, there's a mode for any mood I might be in and even my oldest brother plays this one [he's never been a huge fan of Smash, but we'll play this one for hours]. Nintendoland is even really fun, and I didn't expect it to be! If the Pikmin mini-game in it is anything like Pikmin 3, I HAVE to get that game -- and I HATED the first Pikmin game! And Super Mario 3D World, holy ****. I haven't had this much fun with a Mario game since Super Mario 64. I didn't even think it was possible for me to enjoy a Mario game again, since 3D Land bored me and I never liked playing Galaxy or Sunshine -- I just liked watching people play them because they were pretty but unengaging for me.

I cannot wait to get more games. I want Bayonetta 2 next, then Captain Toad, Tropical Freeze, Scribblenauts, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, I ****ing. Want. All of it.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #9068
Peanut
Second Gear

Move Pikmin 3 to the top of your list, Net. It is absolutely one of my favourite games of the past 5 years.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #9069
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

I've always been curious about pinning going back to its GameCube launch. I'll give it a try. Another great thing about the wii u is playing wii games in hd glory! Metroid prime looks great. Nintendo got so many things right like backwards compatibility that Sony and Microsoft didn't .

If I had one complaint, it would be why just a 32 gb? This digital age, that is rediculous. I made the mistake of buying Mario kart in N store and wow , what a hard drive killer
Old 03-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #9070
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Move Pikmin 3 to the top of your list, Net. It is absolutely one of my favourite games of the past 5 years.
But can you recommend it to someone that hated Pikmin 1? I'm definitely going to grab it, but since I didn't like Pikmin 1, it's not high priority.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #9071
Peanut
Second Gear

As someone who couldn't get into Pikmin 1 OR 2 very much, yes.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #9072
Powder
So tired of this place

There is (or at least, was) a demo for it in the e-shop. It's pretty fun. I dunno if I wanna own it, though. But that's just me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #9073
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
There is (or at least, was) a demo for it in the e-shop. It's pretty fun. I dunno if I wanna own it, though. But that's just me.
I found the Pikmin 3 demo surprisingly extensive too! Plus, once you get the full game, your demo save game progress carries over. It was enough to sell me on the gameplay and even provided motivation to track down the original Gamecube disc!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:29 PM   #9074
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pikmin was my favorite new franchise on the Gamecube and I do think Pikmin 2 was still the best in the series. The first game is nostalgic for me since it came out in 2001 during the first two months of the Gamecube.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:28 PM   #9075
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

My console collection continues to grow. Picked up a nice non yellow snes complete with box and manuals for $150 on eBay last night. They usually go for up to 250-300 but it was a new ebay seller selling low so I took the chance . We will see
Old 03-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #9076
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMSHADOW__210 View Post
My console collection continues to grow. Picked up a nice non yellow snes complete with box and manuals for $150 on eBay last night. They usually go for up to 250-300 but it was a new ebay seller selling low so I took the chance . We will see
grats dude

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:52 PM   #9077
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Pikmin was my favorite new franchise on the Gamecube and I do think Pikmin 2 was still the best in the series. The first game is nostalgic for me since it came out in 2001 during the first two months of the Gamecube.
I'm nostalgic for Pikmin 1 as well, even though I had a hard time getting into it. I can't agree Pikmin 2 is the best in the series though. 3 is far and away the better game in nearly every way. Especially when you factor in the huuuge amount of challenge levels they added to the game.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:20 PM   #9078
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Tomorrow Sunday the 8th is the third Zelda Symphony, not sure if I want to go or not, I mentioned this before but I still haven't decided since I already went to the first two times it came here. I guess I would at least get some street passes and it's only 30 mins away from me.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #9079
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I'm nostalgic for Pikmin 1 as well, even though I had a hard time getting into it. I can't agree Pikmin 2 is the best in the series though. 3 is far and away the better game in nearly every way. Especially when you factor in the huuuge amount of challenge levels they added to the game.
I haven't yet played through P3, but I do have an interest in the DLC pack once I get far enough through the regular game. Have you any experience with the DLC and what do you think are the best maps/missions?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #9080
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Tomorrow Sunday the 8th is the third Zelda Symphony, not sure if I want to go or not, I mentioned this before but I still haven't decided since I already went to the first two times it came here. I guess I would at least get some street passes and it's only 30 mins away from me.
Like I've said before, they've got different material for this year's shows. That should make it somewhat worth it.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote