The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The one thing I will give the old show is that despite many of the side characters appearing so less, most of them completely stole the show and left quite an impression the few times they appeared. Casey Jones was awesome and had quite a presence. Even Nick Casey, who appeared in 70+ episodes doesn't have the same presence as FW Casey who only appeared in 5 but absolutely killed it everytime.
FW Casey was goddamn hilarious, especially in that Corporate Raiders From Dimension X episode
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #22
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah the Neutrinos having a king was kind of lame. Always imagined them being a bunch of rebellious "degenerates". Or at least they should have had a leader around their age.

I honestly never had an issue with Carter. He fit the Red Sky seasons fine. And Dregg was a pretty solid villain and had a great VA.
He is not as interesting and is forced. If there was some interesting goal or personality I would be all for him. I just cant find him interesting. Yes, to both he succeeds Shredder, my overall favorite villain and that greatly hurts his appeal. I would have rather have had Berserko set up as a successor villain as the main adversary. Doubt it would have hurt my interest in the underutilized Bersko/Drakus. That is why I wanted Dregg separated from being that villain who succeeded Shredder and Krang and he was with Nick surprisingly utilizing him. I cant get into him. No disrespect to Tony Jay though. He is great!

Do you mean a James Dean-like rebel leading a gang of youth not necessarily rebelling against the Neutrino government but refusing the fight in the war against Krang. I wondered why they would rebel considering Krang is an overload wanting to expand his reach and by defeating the Neutrinos he can do so. It seemed like you would want that teenager or not. It would have been cool to get into the war situation. Perhaps play it like The Vietnam War. The Neutrinos are trying to contain Krang's hold by utilizing the Nuetrino Doctrine opposed to the Truman Doctrine.

General Tragg had 12 appearances? Thanks. I knew the rest. I will have to compile a list now.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #23
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
He is not as interesting and is forced. If there was some interesting goal or personality I would be all for him. I just cant find him interesting. Yes, to both he succeeds Shredder, my overall favorite villain and that greatly hurts his appeal. I would have rather have had Berserko set up as a successor villain as the main adversary. Doubt it would have hurt my interest in the underutilized Bersko/Drakus. That is why I wanted Dregg separated from being that villain who succeeded Shredder and Krang and he was with Nick surprisingly utilizing him. I cant get into him. No disrespect to Tony Jay though. He is great!

Do you mean a James Dean-like rebel leading a gang of youth not necessarily rebelling against the Neutrino government but refusing the fight in the war against Krang. I wondered why they would rebel considering Krang is an overload wanting to expand his reach and by defeating the Neutrinos he can do so. It seemed like you would want that teenager or not. It would have been cool to get into the war situation. Perhaps play it like The Vietnam War. The Neutrinos are trying to contain Krang's hold by utilizing the Nuetrino Doctrine opposed to the Truman Doctrine.

General Tragg had 12 appearances? Thanks. I knew the rest. I will have to compile a list now.
It's understandable that you didn't like Shredder getting replaced as the main villain and that the show ending with a final battle against Dregg was a bit of a letdown but Dregg was a pretty decent villain. He became more interesting in season 10 where he stopped being rational and calculating and turned into a madman obsessed with the Turtles like Shredder once was. Also Dregg attempted to murder Carter, he sent Hi.Tech out to die and he murdered A HANDFUL of aliens in the last episode, as he absorbed their powers. The guy was pretty hardcore!
Old 04-02-2017, 02:05 PM   #24
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
General Traag appeared in:

1. Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X (Season 1)
2. Shredder and Splintered (Season 1)
3. Usagi Yojimbo (season 3)
4. Shredderville (season 3)
5. The Big Break In (season 3)
6. The Big Blow Out (season 3)
7. Four Turtles and a Baby (season 4)
8. Rock around the Block (season 6)
9. Attack of the Neutrinos (season 7)
10. Shredder Triumphant (season 7)
11. Wrath of the Rat King (season 8
12. Turtle Trek (season 8

The number of episodes that have Rock soldiers, traag or not is a bit higher. Id say 20 at the very least.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-02-2017 at 02:12 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
General Traag appeared in:

1. Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X (Season 1)
2. Shredder and Splintered (Season 1)
3. Usagi Yojimbo (season 3)
4. Shredderville (season 3)
5. The Big Break In (season 3)
6. The Big Blow Out (season 3)
7. Four Turtles and a Baby (season 4)
8. Rock around the Block (season 6)
9. Attack of the Neutrinos (season 7)
10. Shredder Triumphant (season 7)
11. Wrath of the Rat King (season 8
12. Turtle Trek (season 8

The number of episodes that have Rock soldiers, traag or not is a bit higher. Id say 20 at the very least.
What about Return of The Technodrome? I could have sworn he was in there at some point. It is strange seeing the hybrid foot solider and rock soldier army. It just seems natural that would have been involved. Like Casey Jones and The Rat King he was referenced several times during the series in which he did not appear creating a large presence regardless of his on screen time.

The two episodes that don't involve Shredder that I like of the final 16 (Dreggsodes as I call them) were Split Second (where Dregg is shoehorned in the last scene as the one who remade Chronos) and The Day The Earth Disappeared where Dregg repeats what Shredder tried to do more than once only this time instead of Dimension X to random dimensions. Arguably more evil since the TMNT know Dimension X enough they can figure a way out and being together more than likely instead of split up like they were in the episode with Dregg. Dregg was good in the penultimate episode. Yes, I did find myself rooting for Shredder vs Dregg and would have liked an energy sword fight between the two with Shredder out dueling Dregg. I was also annoyed then and still now was the Mobster From Dimension X episode saw Dregg behind the Globfather. The episode is a snoozer to me to begin with,but the TMNT automatically assuming it was Dregg behind it when they realize te threat has origins in Dimension X instead of Krang and/or Shredder when all of them were stuck there. Still, I legitimately tried to like Dregg and the Nicktoon was the best test, I just find him boring.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
What about Return of The Technodrome? I could have sworn he was in there at some point. It is strange seeing the hybrid foot solider and rock soldier army. It just seems natural that would have been involved. Like Casey Jones and The Rat King he was referenced several times during the series in which he did not appear creating a large presence regardless of his on screen time.

The two episodes that don't involve Shredder that I like of the final 16 (Dreggsodes as I call them) were Split Second (where Dregg is shoehorned in the last scene as the one who remade Chronos) and The Day The Earth Disappeared where Dregg repeats what Shredder tried to do more than once only this time instead of Dimension X to random dimensions. Arguably more evil since the TMNT know Dimension X enough they can figure a way out and being together more than likely instead of split up like they were in the episode with Dregg. Dregg was good in the penultimate episode. Yes, I did find myself rooting for Shredder vs Dregg and would have liked an energy sword fight between the two with Shredder out dueling Dregg. I was also annoyed then and still now was the Mobster From Dimension X episode saw Dregg behind the Globfather. The episode is a snoozer to me to begin with,but the TMNT automatically assuming it was Dregg behind it when they realize te threat has origins in Dimension X instead of Krang and/or Shredder when all of them were stuck there. Still, I legitimately tried to like Dregg and the Nicktoon was the best test, I just find him boring.
Yeah the Mobster ep was kinda lame and plus the scientist looked like Mirage Baxter to some degree.

Shredder isn't referenced in any single season 9 episode and in season 10... well he's not mentioned in the 5 episodes he does not show up in.

Btw, I also found the Turtle mutations pointless. They did come in handy against Chronos but other than that, meh. Spending two episodes on trying to fix Leonardo's mutation was a bit overkill, imo. Plus Dregg said that his genes were changed forever despite being cured... but nothing happened since then.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:50 PM   #27
neatoman
Emperor

The Neutrinos are a joke that came about 30 years too late and they didn't really have any charm or other redeeming qualities, they're just weirdly designed things that were already dated when they were new.

With Zach it's easier, he's the kid sidekick cliché people usually hate. Except they're usually there from the start, or are least given a reason to be there and thus you just have to accept them, Zach just pops up out of nowhere and feels out of place. At least Cody drove the main plot and had a connection to previously introduced characters, Zach is just there for some reason.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The Neutrinos are a joke that came about 30 years too late and they didn't really have any charm or other redeeming qualities, they're just weirdly designed things that were already dated when they were new.

With Zach it's easier, he's the kid sidekick cliché people usually hate. Except they're usually there from the start, or are least given a reason to be there and thus you just have to accept them, Zach just pops up out of nowhere and feels out of place. At least Cody drove the main plot and had a connection to previously introduced characters, Zach is just there for some reason.
30 years too late? They debuted in the first season, which came out in 1987. So how exactly would that joke have worked in 1957? Or are you just using hyperbole?

Zach didn't really feel out of place. I think Carter felt more out of place. He just reads as a self-inserted fan fiction character who was shoehorned for no reason. It was quite odd to see Splinter and the Turtles so quickly accepting him into the group just like that.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #29
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
30 years too late? They debuted in the first season, which came out in 1987. So how exactly would that joke have worked in 1957? Or are you just using hyperbole?

Zach didn't really feel out of place. I think Carter felt more out of place. He just reads as a self-inserted fan fiction character who was shoehorned for no reason. It was quite odd to see Splinter and the Turtles so quickly accepting him into the group just like that.
No, he is referring to their beatnik gimmick which was prominent in the late 60s' as well as the 1955-163 American culture they exhibit through the car models they drive and Zenter being a straight up Elvis Presley lookalike. had the Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X episode aired in 1957 opposed to 1987 it would have been referencing then-modern youth culture. Instead it was parodying culture of a previous era. Its like David Wise watched American Grafitti when developing the first five episodes and threw the gimmick and referencing in with the teenage rebels of a war-like race bit.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
No, he is referring to their beatnik gimmick which was prominent in the late 60s' as well as the 1955-163 American culture they exhibit through the car models they drive and Zenter being a straight up Elvis Presley lookalike. had the Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X episode aired in 1957 opposed to 1987 it would have been referencing then-modern youth culture. Instead it was parodying culture of a previous era. Its like David Wise watched American Grafitti when developing the first five episodes and threw the gimmick and referencing in with the teenage rebels of a war-like race bit.
Ah I honestly had never realised he look a bit like Elvis and that their cars were based on 50s cars lol
Old 04-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Honestly even outside of the OT most characters barely get appearances in the other series too. In the Nick cartoon outside of Shredder's henchmen, all the other mutants only appear in like 1-2 episodes at most as well. Most are one-shot characters or have 3 episodes at most.

Even in the 4kids series many of the secondary villains outside of Shredder's men and Bishop only appeared in a small handful of episodes. Touch and Go were only in 2 episodes, Garbageman only 2 episodes, Nano only 2 as a villain, Draco/Ultimate Ninja only in certain arcs, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:26 PM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Honestly even outside of the OT most characters barely get appearances in the other series too. In the Nick cartoon outside of Shredder's henchmen, all the other mutants only appear in like 1-2 episodes at most as well. Most are one-shot characters or have 3 episodes at most.

Even in the 4kids series many of the secondary villains outside of Shredder's men and Bishop only appeared in a small handful of episodes. Touch and Go were only in 2 episodes, Garbageman only 2 episodes, Nano only 2 as a villain, Draco/Ultimate Ninja only in certain arcs, etc.
"Only" isn't the right word for Garbageman and Touch and Go.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:13 PM   #33
mrmaczaps
Banned

I always loved them but was disappointed to find out they didn't appear as much as I thought they did in the series.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #34
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I always loved them but was disappointed to find out they didn't appear as much as I thought they did in the series.
Well there's something you don't see everyday. You're like the first user here I see saying that they loved Zach and the Neutrinos.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #35
Ulisa
Foot Soldier

I seem to have a thing for characters that most people despise. I liked Zach and the Neutrinos just fine.

I was a fan of the MikeyxKala teasing and as a character, I thought Kala was interesting, if underdeveloped. I would have liked to see more substance brought to the Neutrinos than what we got but their premise was enough for me to enjoy them when they showed up.

Zach I also liked, probably more so than most people. I never found him annoying, though I _didn't_ buy his age being 14. I always figured he was around 10 and trying to 'seem older' so he lied about his age so the Turtles would accept him. Just my head-canon but I run with it. I think Zach had an interesting relationship with the turtles and Splinter, particularly with Michelangelo. Given that Michelangelo, to me, has always been the youngest, Zach seemed to developed a littlebrother-olderbrother vibe with him that I thought was an interesting dynamic.
Ulisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #36
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulisa View Post
I seem to have a thing for characters that most people despise. I liked Zach and the Neutrinos just fine.

I was a fan of the MikeyxKala teasing and as a character, I thought Kala was interesting, if underdeveloped. I would have liked to see more substance brought to the Neutrinos than what we got but their premise was enough for me to enjoy them when they showed up.

Zach I also liked, probably more so than most people. I never found him annoying, though I _didn't_ buy his age being 14. I always figured he was around 10 and trying to 'seem older' so he lied about his age so the Turtles would accept him. Just my head-canon but I run with it. I think Zach had an interesting relationship with the turtles and Splinter, particularly with Michelangelo. Given that Michelangelo, to me, has always been the youngest, Zach seemed to developed a littlebrother-olderbrother vibe with him that I thought was an interesting dynamic.
Yeah, now that you mention it Zach was a bit too immature for a 13-14 year old. 13-14 is 8th grade, or in my case, since I was born in November, it was already 9th grade. Even though I still liked the Turtles and watched the 2k3 series back in 2004/2005, I was not dressing up like a TMNT nor did I want to become one. I was more interested in other things by then. Remember that Bebop and Rocksteady Conquer the Universe episode? They show Zach briefly at school and he's being teased/bullied somewhat.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #37
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Well there's something you don't see everyday. You're like the first user here I see saying that they loved Zach and the Neutrinos.
I should amend that to just the Neutrinos. I'm not sure who Zach is... I haven't seen the later seasons of the original toon and haven't seen most of the 2k3 series...
Old 04-02-2017, 04:44 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I should amend that to just the Neutrinos. I'm not sure who Zach is... I haven't seen the later seasons of the original toon and haven't seen most of the 2k3 series...
Zach was their kid friend introduced in Season 3. And you should watch most of the 2k3 series at some point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #39
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Really? Zach debuted on season 3 and appears in other two episodes of that season.

Btw, how do you guys feel about Zach's brother Walt and his friend Caitlin?
Old 04-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #40
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Zach was their kid friend introduced in Season 3. And you should watch most of the 2k3 series at some point.
I tried to watch it on Youtube once, but at some point the user had the episodes all dubbed backwards so I stopped watching them. Just haven't been able to track all of it down, at once on disk...

Tags
neutrinos