The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 10:03 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
As I said, online like amazon or ebay and digital games are killing traditional retail stores.

Most people don't even buy games at places like Target, Toys R Us or Best Buy anymore either.
I never really ordered a game online. The few times I did that was when I was a kid and it was my mother or my brother who filled in the forms for me and paid for it.

I usually buy games at major electronic stores or at Steam or the Nintendo eShop.

Never bought a game from Toys R Us iirc. Then again, rarely have I bought toys there either. The place always looked a bit unpleasant and intimidating to me even when I was a kid and obviously liked toys a lot. I dunno, it gives me too much of a giant warehouse feeling.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:43 PM   #22
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Well hopefully he decline doesn't hit eb games in Canada. Both technically under same umbrella

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #23
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

nice

Waiting on that going out of buisness sale getting good games dirt cheap
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #24
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Waiting on that going out of buisness sale getting good games dirt cheap
Lol, no doubt

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:24 PM   #25
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Well I live in a really small town and we barely got a GameStop a couple years ago so I'm going to assume my local one will close.

Before that I used to only go there when we traveled out of town to a bigger city. One time I had an annoying clerk that kept trying to convince me to to get the "current-deal".

It was some rewards thing and a magazine subscription. He kept going on how great a deal it was. It didn't help he had a friend buying something next to me agreeing with him.

First I really don't care about specific promos (does anyone?) plus I don't live there. I did not mention this though because...you don't wanna let people know you're from out of town, right? Especially in a big city.

However I realize they're probably obligated to do this. They probably don't like reciting things every time either. Needless to say I just politely declined everything.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:56 PM   #26
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

One of the things that ticked me off about Gamestop was that they nuked the points that I accumulated from being a previous member, and from buying the games that they sold. Nowadays, I just smirk whenever GS sends me an summery balance of my 0 points via email.

I find it easier just to go to Game Over since they carry a lot of old games and old consoles since my local Gamestop stores discontinued selling anything before the PS3 and Wii era.

It might be sad to see some Gamestop stores go away, but I probably will not miss them all that much.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:04 AM   #27
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I remember hunting around for the Tales of Symphonia game and called around. I finally found a GameStop that had it. I didn't have much of a problem with them...but I usually went for something specific and would call beforehand.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:48 AM   #28
Ninjinister
無問題

I used to work at a GameStop. Most of the horror stories I've heard, I can either confirm similar events, or I would not be surprised based on experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
I find it easier just to go to Game Over since they carry a lot of old games and old consoles since my local Gamestop stores discontinued selling anything before the PS3 and Wii era.
I've been to the Game Over in my area once. I couldn't believe they were charging $19.99 for Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. A lot of their stuff was common as dirt but pricey as hell.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Walked into a Gamestop a couple of hours ago... goodness gracious, over half of the store is now just racks and racks of T-shirts and those bobble-head toy collectible things. I guess it really is just about curtains for them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote