Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #41
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
No one mentioned Baxter Stockman?

Dude was legit sent to get killed off by Krang and we get to see it happen, sure he somehow merged with a fly instead but that's not what they were planning to have happen with that.
One of the most shocking moments in the Original Toon, especially considering it happened in the 2nd half of season 2, when the episodes were otherwise episodic and no major changes were happening.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:25 AM   #42
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

Dude was legit sent to get killed off by Krang and we get to see it happen, sure he somehow merged with a fly instead but that's not what they were planning to have happen with that.
It came up in the 5th post.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:24 AM   #43
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
One of the most shocking moments in the Original Toon, especially considering it happened in the 2nd half of season 2, when the episodes were otherwise episodic and no major changes were happening.
Season 3 was the major start for episodic stories.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #44
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I wouldn't necessarily place this as a "violent" moment, but most certainly as a surprisingly "inappropriate" moment early on. That being the beginning of the Eye of Sarnoth saga, wherein Donatello exclaims "I've been...de-daisy'd!"

Because that's not uncomfortably close to "deflowered" at all
Old 12-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #45
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I wouldn't necessarily place this as a "violent" moment, but most certainly as a surprisingly "inappropriate" moment early on. That being the beginning of the Eye of Sarnoth saga, wherein Donatello exclaims "I've been...de-daisy'd!"

Because that's not uncomfortably close to "deflowered" at all
Wasn't it Raphael who said that? I haven't seen the episode in months but i cant picture anyone but him saying that.

There was even a season 3 episode where Raphael told a store clerk that he's being crappy to his customers. Was that even acceptable in kids shows during the late 80s/90s?
Old 12-11-2017, 11:10 PM   #46
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Wasn't it Raphael who said that? I haven't seen the episode in months but i cant picture anyone but him saying that.

There was even a season 3 episode where Raphael told a store clerk that he's being crappy to his customers. Was that even acceptable in kids shows during the late 80s/90s?
Crabby. As in grouchy. Only the Simpsons used words like crap back then.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:20 AM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sometimes due to the voice acting or quick shots, some things characters say can be misheard. For example we know Shredder says, "Those blasted Turtles!" in a lot of episodes. But I swear in some eps it sounds like he says, "Those bastard Turtles!" if you're not paying close attention.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 12-12-2017 at 01:26 AM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #48
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Kinda reaching. I never once thought 'wtf did he just swear' while watching the show. Even back then, I knew Leatherhead said 'possum pusses' in that one episode which made that one AVGN joke seem so forced, especially when they kept replaying the clip and it was clear he wasn't calling the turtles pussies. Pretty sure everyone at school woulda been talking about that the next day after that episode first aired.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #49
ABrown
Banned

Speaking of things that characters said, Rocksteady and Bebop referred to April as a "bimbo" several times.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #50
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Something that always stuck with me from the OT was in the Season 6 episode "Too Hot To Handle". Usually in the mad scientist episodes, there's no combat unless it's with a robot or henchmen. When Sopho is trying to get away, Leonardo throws a fire extinguisher and trips him, knocking him unconscious on the hard ground (underground lair, after all), shouting "Leaving so soon, Professor Sopho?? Where's the fire??" I know something similar was done to Bebop and Rocksteady in their last appearance, but at least they were the strong, violent type.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Speaking of things that characters said, Rocksteady and Bebop referred to April as a "bimbo" several times.
True but bimbo isn't a swear word. It mostly means an airhead ditz, the typical blonde stereotype but applied to any woman.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #52
leader in blue
Random Punk

there's a couple of incidents i can think of

Irma in her were rat fourm bites Michelangelo even though it's off screen he yelps in pain (rodents bite hard too)
were rats from channel 6

Donatello getting electrocuted in Night of the Dark Turtle

Donatello being shot at and having a wall of a building collapsing on him in The Maltese Hamster

Leonardo almost beheading a guy he mistook as shredder in beneath these streets

Shredder hitting Leonardo so hard that it sends him flying and knocks him out
Tower of Power
leader in blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's lots of episodes with explosions or bombs that would have surely killed everyone if the Turtles or whoever else didn't make it out in time.

It's funny, 80's cartoons weren't allowed to be too violent because censors for kids cartoons back then was tough, but they wrote around it and still put in death related scenarios even if all the heroes made it out unscathed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #54
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:

Baxter tied the Turtles to the gears of a clock tower in Son of Return of the Fly II. That was pretty sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yeah, seriously doubt there was a lot of this in the show...
I think there was a fair bit considering the posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's funny, 80's cartoons weren't allowed to be too violent because censors for kids cartoons back then was tough, but they wrote around it and still put in death related scenarios even if all the heroes made it out unscathed.
Well you'll notice the syndicated episodes were allowed to have more threat and violence to them than the CBS ones. The violence was toned down for a while for CBS and only in the later half went back to normal.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:31 PM   #55
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

There was a season 7 episode where Raphael punches a weak mad scientist after he asks whether Raph would hurt a guy with glasses.

I can't remember the episode, but thats some pretty savage violence.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:47 PM   #56
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
There was a season 7 episode where Raphael punches a weak mad scientist after he asks whether Raph would hurt a guy with glasses.

I can't remember the episode, but thats some pretty savage violence.
Not sure, but my guess would be Combat Land? That's the only season 7 episode I remember where the main villain(s) was/were mad scientists.

Also, someone mentioned how the mad scientists episodes seem to have the least action overall or something. Well that is also one of the reasons why I didn't care for lots of those mad scientist episodes. It's obvious they were inferior to the Turtles, not being able to handle them in hand-to-hand combat. It was very hard for me to buy the Turtles being almost defeated by some wax making guy and a goddamn toy maker. Hell, the wax collector made fools out of the Turtles like 3 times in the same episode. Even Raphael said it "3 times in the same episode...". This is why the Turtles should only fight guys who can actually fight or other mutants and aliens with guns, etc.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #57
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Wasn't that Mr. Nice Guy?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #58
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Wasn't that Mr. Nice Guy?
Wait, maybe you're right. But FWL mentioned season 7 and I'm positive Mr. Niie Guy was not a season 7 episode but either S5 or S6.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #59
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Wait, maybe you're right. But FWL mentioned season 7 and I'm positive Mr. Niie Guy was not a season 7 episode but either S5 or S6.
Just checked, that specific moment indeed happened at the beginning of "Combat Land".

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:23 PM   #60
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Usagi yojimbo in his first appearance, when he battles the footsoldiers. He cuts them up into bits, then picks up one of the robot parts and is perplexed at what they are before Donatello tells him the footsoldiers aren't real people but machines. Just think about that, he didn't know they weren't real, he thought they were people and he still brutally murdered them all. Usagi yojimbo didn't screw around.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote