The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 03:17 AM   #41
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Interesting thread. Off the top of my head, and based purely on games I've played and had a load of fun playing (in no particular order):

Gears of War 3 (XBOX 360)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Golden Eye (N64)
PES (Pro Evo Soccer) 5 (PS2)
Toejam & Earl (Megadrive)
Mega Bomberman (Megadrive)
WCW vs NWO Revenge (N64)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Megadrive)
Sega Rally (Saturn)
Medal of Honor Frontline (Gamecube)
Call of Duty 3 (XBOX360)
Advance Wars (GBA)
Mario 64 (N64)
Mario Bros 3 (NES)
Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Soldier of Fortune (PC)
TMNT Hyperstone Heist (Megadrive)
X-Men: COTA (Saturn)
Zelda: OOT (N64)

There are games above where I also love other games in the series (i.e. other Gears of War, or other PES games) but just kept it to my favourite of the series to make it more interesting. Although there are some different Mario performers in there, but I like to think they're different enough to each put in on their own merits.

Will have a further think about it tonight and probably edit this post tomorrow to add others I've remembered.
You got some good games there. Also PES 5 was awesome back in the day, man! As was PES 6. I played some PES 5 and PES 6 a bit last year and I noticed both aged rather well.

PES 5 to me was Arsenal. In PES 6, my team(Benfica) was a bit too well rated, but ofc I didn't mind it. Plus once I bought Eusébio(named Elcherino in the game) it'd get even stronger. Good times tearing **** up in the Master League with him and Nuno Gomes as my striker duo
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:33 AM   #42
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You got some good games there. Also PES 5 was awesome back in the day, man! As was PES 6. I played some PES 5 and PES 6 a bit last year and I noticed both aged rather well.

PES 5 to me was Arsenal. In PES 6, my team(Benfica) was a bit too well rated, but ofc I didn't mind it. Plus once I bought Eusébio(named Elcherino in the game) it'd get even stronger. Good times tearing **** up in the Master League with him and Nuno Gomes as my striker duo
Yeah I wasn't sure whether to put PES 4 or 5 on the list. I Google imaged the covers and went with 5 from memory, but they were both amazing. I have bad memories of PES6 as I got it on the XBOX360 and it was really clunky and not at all fluid.

I never really played the master league, I had a friend who lived about 5 doors down who would come round to my house about 4-5 times a week and we would just play PES matches for hours. Those were the good days!

Since PES6 they went downhill and I haven't played one for years. And couldn't bring myself to switch to FIFA after the perfection of PES4 and 5. As you said they have aged well I might have to crack the PS2 open again and give them a whirl!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:14 PM   #43
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Yeah I wasn't sure whether to put PES 4 or 5 on the list. I Google imaged the covers and went with 5 from memory, but they were both amazing. I have bad memories of PES6 as I got it on the XBOX360 and it was really clunky and not at all fluid.

I never really played the master league, I had a friend who lived about 5 doors down who would come round to my house about 4-5 times a week and we would just play PES matches for hours. Those were the good days!

Since PES6 they went downhill and I haven't played one for years. And couldn't bring myself to switch to FIFA after the perfection of PES4 and 5. As you said they have aged well I might have to crack the PS2 open again and give them a whirl!
The Master league was a pretty great mode back then. FIFA at the time offered nothing like it. Not even FIFA 2004's and FIFA 2005's career modes felt as immersive. Ofc ML was a bit less realistic as far as league organisation went due to the limited amount of teams in PES game.s back then, the amount of teams and licenses were pretty much the only advantages FIFA had over PES. In FIFA 2004 and 2005 it felt like player stats didn't matter much and that you could easily score from the midfield. Good luck ding that in OES back then.

I've been told the Master League in PES nowadays hasn't changed at all. Also, apparently EA was able to hire some of the developers who used to work on PES. I guess that explains why people suddenly were rating FIFA above PES from about 2007 on.

It's funny how Konami, a Japanese Konami, has made some pretty good football games. Japan isn't particularly known for being great at football.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:04 AM   #44
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Super Metroid
Silent Hill 2
Alien: Isolation
Metroid: Zero Mission
Chrono Trigger
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Gran Turismo 3
Ape Escape
Sonic the Hedgehog (the original)
Ghostbusters (2009)
Pokemon Sun
Code of Princess
Aliens: Infestation
Radiant Historia (original and remake)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Street Fighter (II Turbo, 3rd Strike, Ultra IV, and V)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #45
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Games that I probably spent the most time playing:
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-3 (NES)
Contra (NES, DS, various formats)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2/3/&Knuckles (Genesis, Saturn, various formats)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Rocket Knight Adventures (Genesis)
Street Fighter II (various editions, various consoles)
NBA Jam T.E./NBA Hang Time (Genesis, 32X, PC)
NASCAR Racing 2 & 3 (PC, Papyrus/Sierra)
Daytona USA (Arcade, PC, various formats)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64, DS)
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 (Dreamcast)
NBA 2k/2k1 (Dreamcast)
Virtua Tennis/Virtua Tennis 2k2 (Dreamcast)
Worms World Party (Dreamcast)
Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich (PC)
NiGHTS into Dreams (Saturn, PC)
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
Mega Man Legacy Collection (NES original carts, 3DS, PC)

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #46
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Daytona USA (Arcade, PC, various formats)
Daytona USA and Sega Rally were both fun in the 90s. I've played them a few times on Arcades.

I own the Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition for the Saturn. Looking back, I can't believe I played that game a ton when I was a kid.