The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

First Bugman episode vs. first Turtle Titan episode

Both stories had Mikey meeting a "real life" super hero and the hero's arch nemesis. The heroes and villains were from Mikey's comic books.
Which story you like better?
TurtleFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Bugman episode was a funny parody of both Spiderman and The Hulk, especially the way he mutates (he is radiated with bugs and can only mutate when he gets angry).

Also in typical OT humor, the episode was funny and the villain was a cheeseball.

The TurtleTitan episode tried to be too serious for its own good. Wasn't terrible though, and certainly wasn't as bad as the later Turtle Titan episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I'm gonna go with Turtle Titan's debut. If only it had stayed his last episode, as well.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

They're both pretty good. I may have to call it a tie, personally.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

I always wish they made an episode where Bugman and Baxter Stockman fought. So much potential for bug mutant confrontations.

Add in Scumbug, Wyrm and Antrax too...there were a lot of insect type mutants.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I always wish they made an episode where Bugman and Baxter Stockman fought. So much potential for bug mutant confrontations.

finally something cubed says that i can agree with. that would have been awesome!

gotta go with bugman as my fave, obviously!

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The Turtle Titan is a pretty strong episode that should have taught Mikey a valuable lesson and forever settled the question as to whether he should be a super hero.

Sadly... it didn't.

And I loved Bugman in the old show. Both of his episodes were fun.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

The second Bugman episode gets props for, "The Swatter," which had one of my favorite lines of the show.

The Swatter asks the Turtles, "Who is the strongest supervillain you've ever faced?"

And Raph replies, "I don't know, but you are *easily* the most annoying."

Rob Paulsen's delivery was perfect.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
The Turtle Titan is a pretty strong episode that should have taught Mikey a valuable lesson and forever settled the question as to whether he should be a super hero.

Sadly... it didn't.

And I loved Bugman in the old show. Both of his episodes were fun.
That part is what bugs me about the Turtle Titan episode. Aren't Mikey and the turtles already super heroes? There was one part where he said he never fought a super villain before. What the heck he thought the utrom Shredder was?
TurtleFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleFan2012 View Post
That part is what bugs me about the Turtle Titan episode. Aren't Mikey and the turtles already super heroes? There was one part where he said he never fought a super villain before. What the heck he thought the utrom Shredder was?
The Turtles aren't traditional superheroes, they don't go out looking to right wrongs or fight villains, they only fight when their lives are threatened and, in the case of the Mirage universe, avenge the death of their master's master.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
sdp
-

I found Bugman to be quite interesting, the concept seems terrible but it worked. I didn't care for the second episode as much but it was nice seeing him again.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #12
Lameonardo
Random Punk

Bugman was an interesting character and I liked his classic "radioactive ____" parody backstory. I prefer him to Silver Sentry, who in that initial episode just comes off as a generic stock superhero. However, I like the Turtle Titan episode better, due to execution and writing.
Lameonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #13
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Have to go with Bugman. Overall was a really fun episode and a nice send up of the whole Superhero genre.

Turtle Titan would have been good if it was the only Turtle Titan episode. The fact that Mikey's superhero persona became such a big part of the 2k3 universe always rubbed me the wrong way. You have that episode end with Michelangelo realizing he doesn't need to dress up to do good in the world and have that be the end of it great. As it is we ended up with that episode where he gets all jealous of someone else taking up the mantle in the future and just more fuel for the 2k3 Mikey is the WORST fire
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #14
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:

I wonder what would happen if the punk frogs saw Bugman, maybe they would try to eat him.

I think I liked both episodes the same. They had a lot of similarities, like the way Splinter said "Michaelangelo" in the Bugman episode it was for reading comic books instead of going to ninja practice and in the Turtle Titan one it was for drawing instead of practicing ninja moves. Then Michaelangelo ends up teaming up with the comic book heroes and gets the main villains captured the same way.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
I wonder what would happen if the punk frogs saw Bugman, maybe they would try to eat him.

I think I liked both episodes the same. They had a lot of similarities, like the way Splinter said "Michaelangelo" in the Bugman episode it was for reading comic books instead of going to ninja practice and in the Turtle Titan one it was for drawing instead of practicing ninja moves. Then Michaelangelo ends up teaming up with the comic book heroes and gets the main villains captured the same way.
Ahhh one of Splinter's funniest line ever in Bugman..."Man?! Is that how you refer to me? What's next? Rat faced dude guy?"

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

^ That was a great line indeed.

I noticed Season 4 in general is when they started making individual stories about the Turtles, rather than as a team. There were a small handful in Season 3 like "Donatello the Maltese Turtle" or "Take me to your Leader" about Leonardo, but very few.

We didn't start getting the Leo, Raph, Mike and Don solo adventures till Season 4.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #17
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
^ That was a great line indeed.

I noticed Season 4 in general is when they started making individual stories about the Turtles, rather than as a team. There were a small handful in Season 3 like "Donatello the Maltese Turtle" or "Take me to your Leader" about Leonardo, but very few.

We didn't start getting the Leo, Raph, Mike and Don solo adventures till Season 4.
Which is why Season 4 was the only season I owned for a long time. I love the Turtles striking out on their own.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm kinda surprised there isn't more Bugman-April O'Neil fan-pairings on the internet. Granted, I'm thankful that it doesn't exist, but I'm still surprised the fanboys/fangirls didn't try to go crazy with that angle.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #19
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

I prefer the Turtle Titan episodes to the "bugman" episodes any day.... Even though I like the OT better than the 4kids turtles. I guess as a girl I just found bugman to be *gross*
Old 12-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I'm kinda surprised there isn't more Bugman-April O'Neil fan-pairings on the internet. Granted, I'm thankful that it doesn't exist, but I'm still surprised the fanboys/fangirls didn't try to go crazy with that angle.
deviantart didn't exist back then.