The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #41
neatoman
Emperor

You know the weird thing about Krang's fate is that I've joked about that exact thing happening, it feels really strange seeing it actually come true...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #42
funatic
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
Krang going out that way was kinda fun, if only to put Leatherhead back in the anti-hero “where-will-he-pop-up-next?” limbo... I can’t imagine Krang staying very interesting in a prison off-panel like he had been the last 20-odd issues before this arc.

The Maligna solution was cool, though did feel a little like a side note despite its magnitude. Glad to see Polly was the biggest hero of the issue.

My biggest complaint was how Zenter just casually lets the Triceratons party over to earth at the end, without even consulting the turtles or anyone really. He’s fully aware of their warlike nature, just seemed kind of out of character for a wise ruler type. “Here I opened the portal, go make friends with your fellow earthlings you last saw in the Triassic!” I liked the theory that was spitting around before this came out much better, that the Triceratons would simply choose earth without his consent.

Still good fun and excited for the next 25!

Might want to spoiler your post above neatoman, though I agree...
Spoiler:
Seeing Leatherhead gobble him down brought weird flashbacks to childhood when my playmates figures reinacted the same scene! Then my next visualization was Krang using Leatherhead as a new android body... Did they use some special glue for this double-sized issue?

Last edited by funatic; 10-25-2017 at 12:44 PM.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:44 PM   #43
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

People...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
You really only need to use one spoiler tag

But anyways, what a conclusion! Personally, I liked the balance between courtroom drama and full-scale swarm combat. I would love to see this story adapted into an animated special, with a Law & Order-esque soundtrack and everything

I think people are being unfair to King Zenter. He made very valid points regarding Krang's actions, and the nature of law dealing with war is murky at best, so it's hard to render a neat verdict. I thought sentencing Krang to exile was a good decision, but I wouldn't have let him serve his time on Burnow Island, I would have sent him to a deserted planet to live out his days in solitude. Sending him to Burnow Island would likely only have eventually lead to him rising up again to commit more atrocities. But the news of a military coup on Burnow Island was interesting indeed. I'm eager to see how unhinged Ch'rell truly is.

And regarding Zenter opening a portal for the Triceratons, it seems he felt it wasn't his place to deny them their return home any longer. It's another very messy situation, almost like the Israel-Palestine situation in the Middle East. A group of long-suffering, disenfranchised people with a claim to a certain territory, but how to go about carving out an area for them to inhabit? I'm glad I'm not the one to have to figure that out. It will be VERY interesting to see how Agent Bishop and the EPF react to the Triceraton "invasion" (would homecoming be more apropos?), as well as the citizens of Earth as a whole. The status quo is definitely gonna get shaken up some more next month!

EDIT: Based on that note from Bobby near the end, it seems that the entire TMNT/Ghostbusters II crossover will happen between this issue and the start of Invasion of the Triceratons? Damn, the Turtles have awful luck when it comes to interdimensional travel

Last edited by ProphetofGanja; 10-25-2017 at 02:55 PM.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:58 PM   #44
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post

Might want to spoiler your post above neatoman, though I agree...
Eh, seems ambigious enough, it only makes sense if you read this issue or remember my joke.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #45
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Eh, seems ambigious enough, it only makes sense if you read this issue or remember my joke.
Spoiler:
Yeah I guess I'm just coming from the other thread where peeps were debating who the major character would be that was killed, but still could be ambiguous I suppose.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #46
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Spoiler:

But anyways, what a conclusion! Personally, I liked the balance between courtroom drama and full-scale swarm combat. I would love to see this story adapted into an animated special, with a Law & Order-esque soundtrack and everything
Spoiler:
I can certainly imagine the iconic "dun, dun" sound effect coming up right after Leatherhead says "Justice."
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #47
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Spoiler:
I can certainly imagine the iconic "dun, dun" sound effect coming up right after Leatherhead says "Justice."
Man, that would be so perfect! I would definitely watch a TMNT Law & Order episode those basslines tho!
Old 10-25-2017, 03:57 PM   #48
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Man, that would be so perfect! I would definitely watch a TMNT Law & Order episode those basslines tho!
It's either that, or

Spoiler:
Kleve: Well, I guess we'll see you later... *puts on sunglasses* alligator.

*YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH*

Old 10-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #49
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Interview with Eastman and Waltz Regarding #75 and The Surprise Death

Eastman: "What Tom Waltz, with Nickelodeon’s perfect guidance and direction as well the incredible series editor Bobby Curnow, have built, carries the torch so beautifully, so perfectly, so much farther than I ever imagined… it really is their series through and through. I always refer to it as the IDW TMNT Universe, and tell fans it is the closest anyone will ever get to what Peter and I originally created, but this is so much more."
Old 10-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #50
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
It's either that, or

Spoiler:
Kleve: Well, I guess we'll see you later... *puts on sunglasses* alligator.

*YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH*

lmao that's pretty great too
Old 10-25-2017, 04:23 PM   #51
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
With all this in mind...Ma'riell is absolutely going to be handed the blame for Krang's death, especially by Ch'rell.

She joined the persecution, she made it possible to find Leatherhead,
all while knowing he was out for his blood after killing three in lieu of Krang - one of whom could actually have been able to keep the peace should something split the island in loyalists to Krang and those wanting to move on.

And even more, doing it all while knowing how fiercely loyal her brother was to Krang. It would probably have been hard enough for her to explain to his face that she helped imprison him should have survived, but now it's gotten a hell of a lot worse.

I'm not sure if I should be scared or excited for what's in store for her.

Quote:
I did not see that ending coming. But nobody ever really stays dead in comics anymore, not even Uncle Ben and Bucky. Is this really the end of General Krang?

This could be an end… or just a twisted new beginning. You’ll have to stick around to find out.
Oh that's just mockery now...also "AN" end???
Old 10-25-2017, 04:27 PM   #52
funatic
Mad Scientist

quoting Tom Waltz in that article in regard to
Spoiler:
"This could be an end… or just a twisted new beginning. You’ll have to stick around to find out."

EDIT: Utromaniac beat me to it... but I wouldn't read into it much. Just classic comic sidetalkin'...
Old 10-25-2017, 04:30 PM   #53
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
I'm going to hypothesize it more as a "legacy" thing than an actual revival. I mean, unless someone gets a hold of time travel and manages to change a few little things. Jump in during the invasion, leave a short-term clone, and get him out of there. Which is...highly unlikely.

In the tiny chance that does happen, Renet should consider investing in a good lock for her Time Scepter when all is said and done . Preferably a finger print lock.

Even more likely, Kitsune realizing she might need Krang too and I don't even know what she'd have to do to accomplish that.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:59 PM   #54
PrincessUtrom
Random Punk

Spoiler:
I want to say that all fans of Krang will cause a shortage of ice cream xD
it's horrible to be so much a fan of a character who in daily life is repugnant to you.
but I really hope that the rest will be interesting. I cross my fingers for a new beginning than a definite death. Only, having an unlucky karma at the level of the characters I love. I just hope that the triceratons will be judge. because they also killed innocent people. even if a war do a lot of damage.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:03 PM   #55
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That quote is just a whole new level of frustrating

"Interesting reaction. But what does it mean!?"
Old 10-25-2017, 06:37 PM   #56
bushido
Stone Warrior

New interview of Waltz and Eastman:
http://doomrocket.com/10-things-concerning-tmnt/
Old 10-25-2017, 07:07 PM   #57
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

That was one hell of an ending!!! As a whole I really didn't enjoy the arc that much, but this last issue was one hell of an ending.
Spoiler:
Time for Chr'll!!!!!! Rise!!!!!! Rise Chr'll!!!!!!! I am wondering if he will take up the shredder mantel of the shredder?
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:07 PM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

So uh, did anyone notice Fugitoid introduced himself as Zayton Honeycutt? That was his name in the Nick cartoon, and I remember in the first ep of the space arc people wondered where the "Zayton" came from.

Unless I'm forgetting something, is this the first time Fugitoid said his first name was Zayton? If it is, it looks like something from Nick canon spilled over to this one.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #59
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
At this point, I think it's more likely that he'd start using Krang's green exosuit. If he can fit in it...he's quite large.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #60
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
That was one hell of an ending!!! As a whole I really didn't enjoy the arc that much, but this last issue was one hell of an ending.
Spoiler:
Time for Chr'll!!!!!! Rise!!!!!! Rise Chr'll!!!!!!! I am wondering if he will take up the shredder mantel of the shredder?
I want this to happen so much! And ironically enough, it even kinda fits into my "Shredder War" dream arc for this comic, what with the road Karai herself is currenly on over in Universe... All that's missing now is for Raph to embrace the dark side.