The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-04-2017, 11:20 AM   #3081
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
People here maybe. Not so sure it'll be seen as anything other than a bizarre ending by most people who know about the production order, anyone else will think the show ends on Bebop expressing his desire to dance.

Yeah I think that was before Nick re-scheduled.

What story?
The one with Fugitoid which runs parallel with the apocalypse, it was in a facebook or instagram thing that I think Vicky posted. Nothing more was said about it though.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:29 AM   #3082
Vicky82
Emperor

Before I watched the Mutant Apocalypse, I said to that TMNT Twitter account that the Mutant Apocalypse is series final not the crossover and it's in production order, but they said that the crossover arc is officially the series final.

At that time I was thinking about arguing with them over it, saying that Ciro said it's the series final. But I thought I better not as I didn't want to get blocked, so I just left it.

Last edited by Vicky82; 10-04-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:34 AM   #3083
CyberCubed
Overlord

So basically the execs at Nick don't want Ciro's finale to be considered it. Oddly enough isn't it still the last episodes on the DVDs?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:36 AM   #3084
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Before I watched the Mutant Apocalypse, I said to that TMNT Twitter account that the Mutant Apocalypse is series final not the crossover and it's in production order, but they said that the crossover arc is officially the series final.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/ded79b6c...sz1u74_540.png
I may have gotten you confused with Redworld, not sure which one of you posted it, it was the one with Ciro answering questions after the arc aired.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #3085
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I may have gotten you confused with Redworld, not sure which one of you posted it, it was the one with Ciro answering questions after the arc aired.
I can't remember, I think it was me. Someone from Tumblr spoke to Ciro on Instagram and copied the answers onto Tumblr.

I know Redworld spoke to that other person who worked on the show and they said that the Kavaxas arc is the true final and the other arcs were just side stories.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #3086
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

WOW! Nick really hates this finale don't they? Why approve it then if you didn't like it. It makes me think they were asleep at the wheel.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #3087
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

I've bought the Wanted DVD but haven't watched it yet. Been waiting on the full monster arc to air so they're all up in HD on Amazon before watching them together first. It is October, after all.

I'd planned to watch the Apocalypse arc last as intended, but honestly I'm slightly afraid to even watch it at all now lol. People are pretty divided on it here and elsewhere, and overall it sounds like even those that accept it as the official ending to the series don't really like it much either - they just choose to willingly accept it as intended. I've read spoilers so I know pretty much what plays out, and admittedly it sounds pretty depressing to me. Definitely not what I wanted at the conclusion of 5 years emotional investment in this latest series. I can certainly understand many fans feeling the same way and even Nick trying to dismiss it as the official ending. I will undoubtedly watch it eventually regardless coming up at some point, but it's a shame I'm honestly dreading doing so now. It just sounds like such a damn downer after an overall great ride with this series.

Whoever made the comment earlier on in this thread (or the official finale thread, I forget which) about using these series and many other comparable things as a cathartic escape at times is absolutely spot on. There's enough terrible, depressing crap going on in the world at all times - I don't need it completely hijacking and permeating every pore of the fantasy content I typically enjoy that allows me a form of joyous escape and distraction.

And look... dark themes and 'bad happenings' are ok - they arguably enrich storytelling and create viable stakes that add drama and tension - just don't go full nihilism like a 14-year goth girl who hates mommy and daddy and everyone else except her Hot Topic boyfriend lol. I'm almost 40, so this overly heavy grimdark garbage infecting so much of entertainment these days is beyond played out IMO. I'm actually excited at the prospect of a new, lighter show that won't murder Splinter onscreen repeatedly lol.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #3088
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'm actually excited at the prospect of a new, lighter show that won't murder Splinter onscreen repeatedly lol.
Yeah there was that sadly, not sure I feel the same excitement for the new show though
As for your comments, and the other persons relating to some shows being an escape, yeah I can see that for a lot of people.

Quote:
Why approve it then if you didn't like it. It makes me think they were asleep at the wheel.
I've wondered the same, surely Nick knew what the story was.
Not sure it's so much that they hated it or just that as a children's television network they are just being more child friendly with the end, you know letting the last they see of them be the familiar faces they've known them for 5 years.

Last edited by newfan; 10-04-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:24 PM   #3089
Vicky82
Emperor

I wasn't bothered if the Mutant Apocalypse ended happy or sad, I just wanted to see a solid story with all 4 turtles in it from start to finish and with there friends appearing or even mentioned.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #3090
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:

At that time I was thinking about arguing with them over it, saying that Ciro said it's the series final. But I thought I better not as I didn't want to get blocked, so I just left it.
"Production order doesn't mean anything"
Tell that to Firefly
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #3091
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
and that was probably done out of spite, too...because cancelling the show put the producers in a hard spot, and they had to wrap things up fast, so that was the easiest way to do it.
Go back to your He-man forum where you belong. The show was already properly wrapped up prior to the last 3-parter.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #3092
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I think it was me, sharing a link of a Tumblr user who made screenshots of Ciro answering some questions on Instagram:

https://panizhe.tumblr.com/post/1656...-ciros-answers

"The production order doesn't mean anything"

Ok ..... that sounds a little mean from them
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #3093
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:

Oh eff that. The last scene of the series is ****ing 87 Bebop dancing? Get bent Nickelodeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So basically the execs at Nick don't want Ciro's finale to be considered it. Oddly enough isn't it still the last episodes on the DVDs?
The press release made it sound like When Worlds Collide will be the last episode on disc 2 lol.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 10-04-2017 at 03:10 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:36 PM   #3094
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Who says they didn't in the 50 years prior to Mutant Apocalypse?

I'm amazed at the leaps people are making to discredit the finale as being canon just because they didn't like it.
Better yet, who says they didn't become heroes AFTER the finale? They find the Oasis, they create a small comunity, mutants all over drawn together and create something of an Utopia, an Eden, wouldn't that make them Legendary Heroes? The Heroes that saved every living thing left on the planet?

Renet is human-like sure, but there might be more mutants like April out there, that just look human, or Renet might just be from a place outside of Time (like she is in every other version), or maybe she's not even from Earth, human-like Aliens might find Earth in the future and move there, long after the Turtles passed away, but still found stories about their deeds, after all Renet never met the Turtles, implies they passed way before she was even born.

Just because it seems like it's nothing like what Renet told them it doesn't mean it still contradicts everything, we where just never told the full story, we just know of how it ended, with the Turtles being considered Legendary Heroes who saved Earth, doesn't have to be the Earth they knew at the time.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:15 PM   #3095
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Honestly, this just makes everything more confusing.
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:19 PM   #3096
newhire13
Hench Mutant

I think people are putting too much care into the production order. It doesn't really matter, if you watch Mutant Apocalypse its obvious its meant to be the ending. They aired it out of order. That's it.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:23 PM   #3097
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Better yet, who says they didn't become heroes AFTER the finale? They find the Oasis, they create a small comunity, mutants all over drawn together and create something of an Utopia, an Eden, wouldn't that make them Legendary Heroes? The Heroes that saved every living thing left on the planet?

Renet is human-like sure, but there might be more mutants like April out there, that just look human, or Renet might just be from a place outside of Time (like she is in every other version), or maybe she's not even from Earth, human-like Aliens might find Earth in the future and move there, long after the Turtles passed away, but still found stories about their deeds, after all Renet never met the Turtles, implies they passed way before she was even born.

Just because it seems like it's nothing like what Renet told them it doesn't mean it still contradicts everything, we where just never told the full story, we just know of how it ended, with the Turtles being considered Legendary Heroes who saved Earth, doesn't have to be the Earth they knew at the time.
Yeah, Renet lives outside time and space. She isn't a part of their world as they know it. She's on the outside looking in.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #3098
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Oh eff that. The last scene of the series is ****ing 87 Bebop dancing? Get bent Nickelodeon.

you just sent half a dozen hard cases into cardiac arrest with that line .

I can imagine the whoa is me, if the new series is like teen titans go

personally, i'd rather have one more like justice league action if we have to go that route.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #3099
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Who knew 80s Bebop would have the the last laugh in every future turtles show, destroying the Utrom Shredder in TF and dancing away as the Nick show went into oblivion.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #3100
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
you just sent half a dozen hard cases into cardiac arrest with that line .

I can imagine the whoa is me, if the new series is like teen titans go

personally, i'd rather have one more like justice league action if we have to go that route.
I doubt it will be at all....

Last edited by CyberCubed; 10-08-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Tags
season 5