The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 05:44 AM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

"Theybies"

Det

Does anyone else think these kids are probably going to end up hating their parents?

Edit; I wasn't aware this subject might not be allowed, please delete the thread in case that's true.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 07-26-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:04 AM   #2
Vegita-San
Emperor

this world has gone insane. don't we have enough problems already without adding new ones that are sure to need a psychiatrist later down the line?

sigh

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 07-26-2018, 08:22 AM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Boy this sure does seem like a political thread, of the kind that Matchias told us not to make anymore.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:41 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Boy this sure does seem like a political thread, of the kind that Matchias told us not to make anymore.
Where? I can't see any announcements, stickies or rules about it. I just saw the sexual allegations thread constantly being active and thought this seemed relatively tame by comparison. If we're really not allowed to discuss this sort of thing, I'll try to remove the thread.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-26-2018, 10:48 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's not politics so... I don't see why this would be removed. Then again, I see some shooting threads locked and they're not political either so... it's kind of just whatever threads Machias decides is inappropriate on a given day.

On topic: It's always unfortunate when parents don't want to actually parent, or when they want to perform bizarre social experiments on their children. What kind of parent would do that? I just can't fathom.

Quote:
Boy this sure does seem like a political thread
How? Seems pretty directly sociological to me.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:06 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Does anyone else think these kids are probably going to end up hating their parents?
Eh, I doubt it. The majority of the kids will probably self determine young enough anyhow that it won't matter much in the long run. As long a they respect their kid's view of themselves so that the kid gets the say, rather than being a parent who wants their kid to be something he/she isn't, I don't see much reason for them to end up hating their parent.

Really, at worst, what? It's mostly the parents just complicating it for themselves, and the kid might be a little confused if he/she doesn't quite understand the gender categorizations other kids were taught by society and family and may need some explaining. Not that they won't pick up on it by society too. It's doubtful most of these kids are kept isolated and away from society through their childhood.

Personally though I think it's just easier to identify the kid as they were born, but don't be a rejecting ass of a parent if your kid ends up one of those who feels differently about it.

At the same time, how a kid feels at, say, age six may not be the same as they feel at age 12.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-26-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I honestly can't see this going wrong. The only problem would be the people who are raised to hate on those who are different.

Through the Golden Door
Old 07-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
At the same time, how a kid feels at, say, age six may not be the same as they feel at age 12.
Who knows? Kids are kids. Most 12 year olds still think there's a Santa Claus and that babies come from a stork. They don't get to set their bedtime, let alone tell their parents their gender is something it's not.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:26 PM   #9
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
that babies come from a stork.
That's probably more to do with the educational system in the US
Old 07-26-2018, 02:53 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

So kids are incapable of consent yet they can choose their own gender? Hypocritical Double Standard.

Also, 37 likes and 2500 dislikes

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
So kids are incapable of consent yet they can choose their own gender?
It's appalling. It's irresponsibility as a parent. It's child abuse, the repercussions of which following the kid(s) for the rest of their lives. CPS should step in.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:48 PM   #12
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I’m all for doing away with gender stereotypes such as “girls are sugar & spice and everything nice” and “big boys don’t cry, act like a man.”

I never really liked the blue is for boys pink is for girls mentality.

I’m all for parents wanting their kids to grow up healthy and happy.

However, this particular approach I don’t understand. Seems to tip the scale to much the other direction.

I think a more balanced approach is something to be explored.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Who knows? Kids are kids. Most 12 year olds still think there's a Santa Claus and that babies come from a stork. They don't get to set their bedtime, let alone tell their parents their gender is something it's not.
Eh what? I no longer believed in Santa Claus at the age of 12. Nor did any of my classmates at the time either. I mean, that's 6th-7th grade already. I remember in 5th grade one kid form my class saying he believed in Santa and everyone laughed at him. I guess he was the last one in our class to believe in him.

I found out Santa was fake around 3rd grade or perhaps 4th, I think? So around 8-9 years old.

As fir the stork, I never believed in that BS nor did my older relatives ever feed me that lie. I have no clue where I thought babies came from at the time, but I assumed some sort of process had to be done in order for a woman to get pregnant.

As for the thread itself, not gonna comment on it. Enough these threads already, guys. I just wanted to address Andrew's post.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:14 PM   #14
snake
Disgusting

I was raised this way and I turned out perfectly fine.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:50 AM   #15
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
This sure seems like the type of post that wants to push a narrative so that said poster doesn't have to deal with opinions that are not their own.

Speaking to the subject... Yea, those parents are idiotic and they're doing far more harm than good. Scratch that, they're only doing harm.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:01 AM   #16
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
This sure seems like the type of post that wants to push a narrative so that said poster doesn't have to deal with opinions that are not their own.

Speaking to the subject... Yea, those parents are idiotic and they're doing far more harm than good. Scratch that, they're only doing harm.
I was thinking the top part, or back seat mod ;o). but, I'll let someone else say it.

but, yeah. there really should be an iq test before you're even allowed to start trying to have kids. people like this shouldn't be allowed anywhere near them.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 07-27-2018, 09:04 AM   #17
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I was thinking the top part, or back seat mod ;o). but, I'll let someone else say it.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...39&postcount=8
Old 07-27-2018, 10:17 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Again. What does politics have to do with any of this? It has zero to do with politics.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #19
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Again. What does politics have to do with any of this? It has zero to do with politics.
It kind of does have to do with social issues, which as we all know are influenced by politics and also can influence them as well.

Point is, it's a controversial issue that's bound to lead to nasty arguments.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #20
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It kind of does have to do with social issues, which as we all know are influenced by politics and also can influence them as well.

Point is, it's a controversial issue that's bound to lead to nasty arguments.
By that logic we could talk about the price of milk and apply the rules of inflation and say that's a political discussion. We get it, You are unable to deal with opinions that don't align with your own.

This is in no way shape or form a political discussion, at most this is deconstruction of a social experiment.

Oh, and for the record: Just by looking at those two children and seeing the way they walk, I can tell the older one is a girl and the younger one is a boy.
Closed Thread

Tags
#voyager