Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 01:42 PM   #21
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Why?
Lol what? Pretty sure he's doing a CyberCubed impression. You haven't been here long if you didn't catch the reference.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:48 PM   #22
THGhost
Puppet Master

This scene truly was a diamond in the rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
That makes sense, but wouldn't it be better to remove those comments seeing as the topic itself doesn't relate to rape in any way?
I did suggest that in my original comment as well.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:10 AM   #23
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Lol what? Pretty sure he's doing a CyberCubed impression. You haven't been here long if you didn't catch the reference.
Yeah I know. I was asking a legit question.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #24
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Out of all the scenes in the movie, this one stuck out most. Maybe because moments like this are frequent in the 'don't judge by appearance' genre and I happen to like a lot of stories that fall into that category.

You're right about his delivery though, not only the spoken words but the motion capture animation helped too. I don't know if it's just me but it looked as though he was about to cry.

Bottom line: I wanted to enter the movie and hug him.
Truthfully, the cop isn't wrong though.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:04 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Out of all the scenes in the movie, this one stuck out most. Maybe because moments like this are frequent in the 'don't judge by appearance' genre
I will absolutely judge Michelangelo by his appearance and he looks like a f***ing monster. Or rather, like a gila monster had a poo baby with Shrek and one day it put on a bandanna. And stupid accessories.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #26
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I will absolutely judge Michelangelo by his appearance and he looks like a f***ing monster. Or rather, like a gila monster had a poo baby with Shrek and one day it put on a bandanna. And stupid accessories.
Probably my favorite Mikey moment ever is actually in the TMNT Batman crossover when he busts in the pizza joint in Gotham and tells everyone that there's a dude dressed like a bat chasing him and they all freak out because of him and he's like "DID YOU NOT HEAR ME OR SOMETHING?! THERE'S A DUDE DRESSED LIKE A BAT CHASING US!" LOL!
Old 12-26-2016, 09:52 PM   #27
PixieAnna1
Random Punk

I have mixed feelings about this scene. On one hand I like that the reactions of what the public eye thinks of them. The scene showing how much they really are outcasts of society. Other than the usual "girl screams in alleyway when they see them".

But I really can't get into the "Their monsters" line, it's just too cheesy for me.
PixieAnna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:17 PM   #28
Powder
So tired of this place

It's something that could've had merit if the turtles didn't look horrible & the cops hadn't been bad actors saying bad lines. Thematically it's sound but does nothing for me in this particular universe. Something like it in the Nick/IDW series however could have the potential to gain my sympathy.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:15 AM   #29
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's something that could've had merit if the turtles didn't look horrible & the cops hadn't been bad actors saying bad lines. Thematically it's sound but does nothing for me in this particular universe. Something like it in the Nick/IDW series however could have the potential to gain my sympathy.
If I had to play devil's advocate you could say that the point of the scene is that the Turtles look like monsters therefore the police think they're monsters. Kind of a 'don't judge a book by it's cover' sort of thing.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:45 PM   #30
Powder
So tired of this place

Breaking news: Water is wet.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:05 PM   #31
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:43 PM   #32
dragonside
Hench Mutant

The spirit of the Turtles lived in those PD Turtles.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:44 AM   #33
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
No need to have a go at me, I'm saying that the Turtles might be designed to end up looking like monsters but the films ask us to see past that the same way with the police.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #34
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm well aware, & my answer to that request is a big "no".

Old 02-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #35
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieAnna1 View Post
I have mixed feelings about this scene. On one hand I like that the reactions of what the public eye thinks of them. The scene showing how much they really are outcasts of society. Other than the usual "girl screams in alleyway when they see them".

But I really can't get into the "Their monsters" line, it's just too cheesy for me.
Especially how the one cop says and repeats the line....it's over kill and doesn't work. Like most of these PD Turtles movies actually...
Old 02-28-2017, 03:38 PM   #36
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Especially how the one cop says and repeats the line....it's over kill and doesn't work. Like most of these PD Turtles movies actually...
I see what you mean, I guess it would work if the story was set pre-20th century but it doesn't work as well in 2016.

However, in spite of that, the scene still moved me.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:06 AM   #37
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
No need to have a go at me, I'm saying that the Turtles might be designed to end up looking like monsters but the films ask us to see past that the same way with the police.
I don't believe the people behind these movies deserve much credit. I still can't get passed how ridiculously unappealing the turtles' designs are to be considered "passable". The cop wasn't wrong to call them monsters. And the way the dialogue was handled also didn't help add any emotion to the scene.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #38
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I don't believe the people behind these movies deserve much credit. I still can't get passed how ridiculously unappealing the turtles' designs are to be considered "passable". The cop wasn't wrong to call them monsters. And the way the dialogue was handled also didn't help add any emotion to the scene.
I won't deny they look scary but he was wrong because they shouldn't be judged for their looks.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:27 AM   #39
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Quote:
I won't deny they look scary but he was wrong because they shouldn't be judged for their looks.
DisKosh is saying what I mean. Even if the PD Turtles had a less monstrous design they still would of put that line in there to show the fear by humans towards the Turtles.

Tags
monsters, rape