The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-29-2015, 11:24 PM   #201
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Goro handed me my ass!
Punchwalk?

He punchwalked the hell outta me.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #202
Memphis
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Story is short as f*ck. Well to me. I really only play with Scorpion on mortal kombat anyway and I'm better at street fighter. Flows better to me, idk.

Played my first tower earlier. Goro handed me my ass!
Yeah, I was disappointed at how short it was. MK2011 was like five chapters longer. Not to mention that here EVERY single chapter is just the character fighting four people in a row on the same stage. Sometimes with ONE flashback scene fight. Not really any sense of progression, just the chapter character with plot armor making other characters look like jobbers.

I'd say it's because there is only a third of the stages that MK9 had. What sucks is that the stages aren't even interesting. Not one stage actually looks like it came from a Mortal Kombat game. And the lack of stage fatalities is probably the worst offender. Sky temple is glorious, though.

Spoiler:
Story wise, my only gripe is that none of the other dead characters were saved. I'M SO ****ING TIRED OF ZOMBIE LIU KANG!

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:17 PM   #203
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Punchwalk?

He punchwalked the hell outta me.
F*ck yeah he did!
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #204
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

So twice I've gotten to the end of the tower with Reptile, and TWICE did the game crash on me as soon as I beat Shinnok. Damn iiiiiit.

Oh well. Still fun.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:34 PM   #205
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

C'mon guys

Jason Vorhees gameplay http://www.gamespot.com/videos/morta.../2300-6424675/
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #206
Memphis
Stone Warrior

I hate Jason's second fatality. I was hoping he'd slam them repeatedly until they either exploded, not unlike explosion fatalities from Trilogy, or that they'd just be skeleton after he was finished. Body parts just coming off was stupid.

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:55 AM   #207
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
I hate Jason's second fatality. I was hoping he'd slam them repeatedly until they either exploded, not unlike explosion fatalities from Trilogy, or that they'd just be skeleton after he was finished. Body parts just coming off was stupid.
pretty dissapointed, knowing MKs over the top stuff i was expecting a LOT more from Jason but it's still cool. I love the unstoppable where he resurrects. It's perfect.

Edit: just saw Johnny cage's fatality. Well one of them anyway. The "heres johnny" thing was great

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 05-08-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:52 PM   #208
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Just got to play this in the storymode, and as far as the story goes I don't see how this was any worse than the "second" trilogy/3D MK games story, that one was far superior in my book. This one is rather lackluster. The new characters were somewhat interesting but too many of the new "main" characters were related to the old ones, I almost felt I was watching that "Next Avengers" DTV that has the son of all the old superheroes. This felt pretty much like all other MK media that people have criticized over the years and yet this was praised, how odd. I'm glad they went the full crazy MK route. This game focused too much on the cage family though, MK9 balanced it much better but it still many main characters like Kung Lao got the boot in this reboot.

I hope they deal with the Dragon King in the remake.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:13 PM   #209
Ninjinister
無問題

Well PS3 version was finally canceled. Soooo guess if I wanna get the game I gotta skip out on a few things? Maybe I'll cancel an appointment here and there and get an Xbone.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:34 PM   #210
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Yeah, it really sucks.

I was hanging on the 360 Version but I'll go the opposite way and get a PS4 instead near the end of the year or start of next year depending on when the sales are. The 360 will be the Family Console with it's huge Library and Kinect, I definitely won't be getting rid of it. The PS4 will just be for the adults until the library expands. Maybe get Lego Dimensions on it although I could still get that one for the 360...
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:19 AM   #211
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Today i uploaded my first youtube video! It is from an online fight on Mortal Kombat X where i beat my opponet! Recored it with Shadow play from the PC version during playing. It is 1920x1080 60 fps ultra settings. Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCrQK49jPWg&hd=1

Moire videos coming later this week! Enjoy!
Old 12-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #212
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

new kombat pack

i was thinking yesterday "it'd be awesome if Alien was in this game" and then BAM! new kombat pack trailer comes out and it includes Alien. As well as Tri-Borg, and Leatherface.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:09 AM   #213
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's video Kombat Pack 2, Which will feature Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo Rai Cho, and a cyborg name Tri-Borg, Who happens to be Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke rolled into one.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:48 PM   #214
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Those movie characters are a waste of a slot for a returning or new MK character.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #215
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^ Says you. Freddy and Jason are great. At least they aren't rabbids or something stupid like that.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:04 PM   #216
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Bump

Anyone still playin this? You think they'll actually go through with Kombat Pack 3? It'd be kinda f'd for us XL users but more characters = more fun for me.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #217
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

well

Took me 2 months but finally platinumed this. Some.of these trophies are tedious as hell
Old 03-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #218
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Holy crap - that's dedication. I prefer trophies that are based on some kind of challenge rather than repetition. There's one for jumping a lot isn't there? What a way to spend an afternoon.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #219
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Holy crap - that's dedication. I prefer trophies that are based on some kind of challenge rather than repetition. There's one for jumping a lot isn't there? What a way to spend an afternoon.
Most everyone is based on skill. The most tedious ones were "Die will you!" And "Elder god" which is level 65 in personal level. I had it to level 50 in every faction before i even got that one.

And i did take weeks off after the first month till last tuesday then i finished it up

And yes, it's called jumping bean.

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 03-02-2017 at 02:30 PM.