The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #21
Chewy5150
Random Punk

The last couple of episodes have been intense. I usually don't watch many shows on tv besides cartoons and such but I've gotten reeeal into this.
Chewy5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #22
dkram230
Stone Warrior

I never heard of this show until several months ago. A lot of people at the office are always talking about it and I saw it won a bunch of Emmys. So I DVR'd the series marathon that's going on now (all 60 some episodes) in celebration of the finale. Watched the first 4 last night. It's ok- kind of slow moving. It lost my wife's interest only 40 minutes in. I'll finish off the first season tonight to determine if I want to keep going or not. I hear people say this is the best series on TV in decades. Right now I'm not seeing it. And can they PLEASE stop showing the old guy (Walter) in his underwear!
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

No way man, Walter in his tighty whities is the best!
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #24
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

The first season, while still good, is probably the weakest season. I suggest you stick with it, the best is yet to come.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:28 AM   #25
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

The last episode was
Spoiler:
very satisfying! Everything happened just as it should. I am at peace.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #26
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Am I the only one who felt the last few episodes were extremely predictable? I don't know, for a Emmy-award winning series full of great twists and turns, the last episode felt kind of lacklustre to me....

Still a great series though.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #27
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Am I the only one who felt the last few episodes were extremely predictable? I don't know, for a Emmy-award winning series full of great twists and turns, the last episode felt kind of lacklustre to me....

Still a great series though.
Why would they keep the twists and turns going for the final stretch? The entire series set the scene for the end and it was just about Walt ghosting around seeing how his decisions destroyed his world.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #28
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Spoiler:
Was there any way that could have played out where Walt did not die in the end? Just curious.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #29
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Spoiler:
Was there any way that could have played out where Walt did not die in the end? Just curious.
Spoiler:
Not without it being dumb.

He was set for death from the very beginning.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #30
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Spoiler:
Not without it being dumb.

He was set for death from the very beginning.
Spoiler:
Thinking throughout a plausible ending I could not see what the creators would do with the character with him alive at the end. I was curious to see those more devoted to the show,if there was a justifible say to have a send off with him alive.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #31
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I think finales should be about all the characters you've been following, and their stories coming to a close. That is where this final season excelled. The final episode was no exception.
Where Dexter's final season
Spoiler:
introduced new characters no one cared about and didn't develop any of their mainstay characters (in fact their cast of supporting characters' development has been absolutely nonexistent for about 4 seasons),
this show did exactly the opposite, and it ended perfectly.

So, I think the finale excelled in many ways. It gave most the ending they wanted, and while being predictable in many ways, it threw some surprises in there.
In the end, everything made sense, all characters' motivations made sense, and they all stayed in-character the entire time.
One thing I love about this show is that it isn't scared to mess with the status quo and change things up a bit.

I'd say this show and Dexter should both be watched by students in the future for "what to do" and "what not to do", respectively, in writing and character development.

My one gripe about the finale:

Spoiler:
Walt's big plan to kill the bad guys left a lot to chance.
- being able to park his car in that exact spot
- nobody checking his trunk
- being able to get his keys back. It's a good thing they placed them right on the table next to him!
- being able to coax Jack into bringing Jesse up instead of Jack's men taking Walt outside to kill him
- every member of Jack's crew being within firing distance

But hey, Walt was a smart guy. I bet he had figured out all of the probability percentages.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #32
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Wow....

Where do i Begin ? Well for Starters......

Spoiler:
I Honest to god cheered when Jesse choked Todd to death.

Or how about when
Spoiler:
Walter and Jesse share one final exchange before the end.

Massive Props to Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul and everybody else involved with this GREAT Show.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #33
Rockvoanjd
Thug

From the beginning to the end, I was hypnotized by this amazing show. A couple posts back I mentioned the Heisenberg Hat by the Goorin Bros, failed twice online to buy one. Luckily for me, it would appear there aren't many BB fans in the French Quarters walked right in and bought it. I'm not much of an autograph hound, but if any of the actors do any conventions in town, I'll have them sign the box.
Rockvoanjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:50 AM   #34
Powder
So tired of this place

Gonna bump this thread because I just finished watching the series yesterday. I had been posting about it on Facebook, so I'm gonna copy & paste my thoughts from there.

Normally I turn my nose up at all things mainstream. If something gets a lot of hype, it's usually because people are stupid, & easy to please. I mean, hey, the radio plays garbage all day long, most cable TV programs are "reality" shows that glorify narcissism & whatnot. With that being said, I paid no mind to the hit series Breaking Bad. "Drugs & violence, oh wow, how original, how exciting. Probably just over-hyped bull----... but God damn, people go ape over it. Hmm, maybe I'll try to avoid spoilers and watch it on Netflix one day." Well, that day came in the beginning of my week. Holy ----. All accolades well deserved. Highest rated show of all time, as cited in the Guinness Book Of World Records. I can see why. Good lord. I just... whoa. Binge watched it. Knew I was locked in from the first episode. I did all five seasons, 62 episodes, in about 5 days, I think. I woke up, watched it all day, went to bed, dreamt about it, and repeated the process upon waking. Never have I been so hooked on a series like that before. I know I'm late to the game, so it may be pretentious to say this, but if you haven't yet watched BB, do so as soon as possible. Genre-wise, it's not my cup of tea, really. Never been a fan of the leading actors' prior work. None of it appealed to me on paper, really, but the way it's presented, how well it's written, the twists, the connections, it's a masterpiece. No lie. Just watched the final episode. Maaaaaaaaaaaan. It's hard to express just how good it truly is.

Sopranos is DEF top notch, but yeah, amazingly, this tops it. No question! The folks behind it gotta be criminal masterminds or did some ridiculously thorough research. Unreal the things people were pulling off. The casting was A+ too, tons of unknowns (which really helps with viewer immersion) with perfect faces, who were just right for every role. Not one person miscast, all performances solid. The foreshadowing was good as hell, and the cinematography was super impressing, especially for a cable drama. The transitioning shots where meth crystals pouring into a bucket became salt over chicken comes to mind, as well as the sound of bullet hail blending into that of a currency counter. There were a lot of shots where the emotional divide between two parties was signified by a pole or bar between them, I love that kind of symbolic stuff, even more when it's subtle. Way too good.

My only real complaints are as follows: 1. The whole family is annoying as hell. Holy ----. Every one of them. Annoying & rage inducing. Not only that, but often too much time was spent of them. They were fodder for killing time on more than a few occasions. Without so much filler on their part we could have shaved off probably 2-3 episodes at least. 2. "Urban" slang/dialogue. Whoever was writing for the wiggers & stoners never was one, doesn't know any, and is probably a 40+ conservative square. The hip-hop lingo was on some '99 ish, and even then you'd have been looked at sideways for saying half of that corny stuff. They couldn't decide if skinny Pete was a banger or an alternative rocker. Badger was perfect, if only because I knew mad herb ass dudes just like him in high school. Hated cats like that, but they exist. & on the topic of accuracy, Jane was such a poorly dressed goth. Whoever did her wardrobe hopped in a time machine, and went to a torrid store in 2001, bringing back an emo starter kit. Ugh. 3. Stereotyping junkies. Most of the crowds Jesse & his boys were pushing to were the kind of people folks of a certain generation tend to judge blindly. You know, punk rockers, skinheads, "freaks", goths, etc. Half of the sub-cultures they were peddling to are notoriously anti-drugs in real life. That's the kinda crowd I always ran with, and there were never any meth addicts. - Minor issues, mostly.

Favorite character: Mike Ehrmantraut-

Favorite moment:

Spoiler:

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:55 AM   #35
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Watching it on Netflix. 5 episodes into season 3, and I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about it. I'm gonna stick it out just to see how it ends, but I find almost none of the characters all that likable....save maybe Flynn/Walter Jr. Maybe that's the point and all...but *shrugs* I'll let ya know when I'm finished.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #37
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Finally to a point where Mike plays a bigger role. I can understand why you like him, Powder. Also can't believe I forgot Steven Gomez. Bit player, but I liked him when he was around.
Still not 100% sure what I think, but I do know that I've got to know how it ends...

Old 03-22-2015, 06:29 PM   #38
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Do you guys think Walt wanted Hank to catch him? I mean, leaving a book you received from the other chemist your associate killed seems like a very stupid thing to do, not at all careful, and only something you'd do if you were looking to be caught.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:42 PM   #39
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I first heard about it when it started airing and not that popular from a friend, two years later I saw the first episode and liked it but I didn't watch the show until last year a little before Netflix added the last season. Really enjoyable show, hated Walter's wife and Jessie. Those two basically screwed up anything good Walter had going on various times, I can't understand how people defend these characters. I also don't see how people can say Walter is absolutely evil, he really isn't, he's just a man having to make tough decisions. He really did do everything for his family, sure he got cocky a few times but overall he was always the same loser he was in the first episode. I think the show should've ended in S4, it was the perfect ending. S5 definitely had some awesome stuff and things I wanted to see but overall things got a little too out there and messed a bunch of stuff up so overall I didn't like it. The ending was rather lackluster as well and couldn't reach the tension or highs of S4..
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:25 AM   #40
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Working on the series finale, but one glaring question comes to mind: Why in the world would Badger and Skinny Pete work with Walt....like at all? He's "Public Enemy #1" and they haven't seen Jesse in how long at that point, and still they're willing to work with him.

Maybe it's the money....yeah that's probably it. Money.