Old 02-05-2018, 12:27 AM   #81
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Well found...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Eh, I'd be down with a "black Bruce Wayne" au. There'd be a lot to explore there.

Same with the new April. I think there's a lot more to examine in a black girl living in New York than a white girl. Not that this version would explore that side of her life very much, but I could see sprinkles of it.
And just because she's black, it doesn't mean every other version of her is changed forever. It's just this version, and some depictions in Mirage depending on the artist. Personally, even being white myself, I'd be content with her being any race. So long as she's not a drawing that's been brought to life in-canon. Or discovers she's half alien and nothing is really done with that except for giving her powers that her alien counterparts don't have.
So long as she's not stripped of her literal humanity, she could be Native American and I would be happy. I would welcome that with open arms. Mixed race Native/Black kinda pushes into paralleling a little too much with Elisa Maza from Gargoyles. As awesome as she was, it would be best not to give her a Mini Me with turtles.

While it is funny to assume the bat might be Casey Jones, I doubt it just a little bit. Now, he could be a ghost living in the bat if they're going with a "spirit realm" angle. Which...actually does sound interesting.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 02-05-2018 at 12:41 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:12 AM   #82
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'm late to the party.

I really don't mind these designs. They look kind'a scrappy, but they're expressive and appealing to a degree. I don't like some of the details, and they may be a bit too flat - as in they don't have any volume - but that might not be a problem when they're in motion.

I don't have a huge problem with Splinter - he looks odd, but it's not a deal-breaker. They're hitting the cliche Japanese thing a bit too hard - like, I know he's a Japanese guy who turned into a rat in this version, but he's not from the pre-industrial era. Why does he have a hairstyle like he's in a friggin' Kurosawa film?
Old 02-05-2018, 07:30 AM   #83
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I know he's a Japanese guy who turned into a rat in this version
Has that been confirmed yet?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #84
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
People seriously compared the PD Turtles to the raid, I personally don't see the resemblance.
No one really compared it to the Raid, except for Kevin Eastman.
Quote:
Yeah it was mentioned in the reveal video.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:35 AM   #85
CyberCubed
Overlord

With Splinter confirmed Japanese I guess it's only a matter of time till we see Shredder. Even if he doesn't appear at the very start of the season I imagine we'll see him at the halfway point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:36 PM   #86
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
I think I got that info form Pixel Dan - may be wrong though.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:09 AM   #87
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

I simply don't like it at all.

Raphael without sais? Seriously? I can dig the art style I guess. I'm glad they are going back to 2d and not that soulless CGI stuff...

I just don't like it. At all. Like I just said, it being 2d is great, but the style on Splinter is trash. Just trash.

He just looks stupid. That isn't my opinion really... I mean how would any TMNT fan think he looks good or "cool". He doesn't.

Raph without his sais? Stupid. Maybe he has them sometimes at least?

And the black April thing is stupid. It clearly is a political thing. She's never been black... at best she was a mix girl back in Mirage. Past that she's never been black.

And she's kinda young. I'm kinda tired of the kiddie TMNT. She looks to be like 14-16 maybe? I don't know for sure. Maybe she's older? Who knows.

Her being black isn't the real problem with me... it is WHY she is black. It is being shoehorned into the TMNT fandom.

Oh well. I'll check out the series and see, but I have a great feeling I won't like it.
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #88
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
I simply don't like it at all.

Raphael without sais? Seriously? I can dig the art style I guess. I'm glad they are going back to 2d and not that soulless CGI stuff...

I just don't like it. At all. Like I just said, it being 2d is great, but the style on Splinter is trash. Just trash.

He just looks stupid. That isn't my opinion really... I mean how would any TMNT fan think he looks good or "cool". He doesn't.

Raph without his sais? Stupid. Maybe he has them sometimes at least?

And the black April thing is stupid. It clearly is a political thing. She's never been black... at best she was a mix girl back in Mirage. Past that she's never been black.

And she's kinda young. I'm kinda tired of the kiddie TMNT. She looks to be like 14-16 maybe? I don't know for sure. Maybe she's older? Who knows.

Her being black isn't the real problem with me... it is WHY she is black. It is being shoehorned into the TMNT fandom.

Oh well. I'll check out the series and see, but I have a great feeling I won't like it.
Krang is that you
Old 02-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #89
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
With Splinter confirmed Japanese I guess it's only a matter of time till we see Shredder. Even if he doesn't appear at the very start of the season I imagine we'll see him at the halfway point.
Shredder may appear in the beginning, only to be kicked out of the series early, like his Archie counterpart (who didn't return until the turtles had almost travelled halfway around the Earth).
Old 02-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
I'm glad they are going back to 2d and not that soulless CGI stuff....
While I prefer 2D as well, the CG in the 2012 series had plenty of expressions and emotive scenes. Only some of the background human pedestrians looked soulless, but they are obviously didn't put much work into them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #91
Overlord

I've said before, I really like the idea of having different series animated in different ways.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:20 PM   #92
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
While I prefer 2D as well, the CG in the 2012 series had plenty of expressions and emotive scenes.
This new cartoon design does not inspire good feelings in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yeah, this feels accurate to Splinter's design

https://78.media.tumblr.com/5b9079b0...w7lao1_500.gif
There's no getting around the fact Splinter has been designed as a pig.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #93
Overlord

When is the next big reveal?
Old 02-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #94
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
When is the next big reveal?
Toy Fair is really near. Might see some stuff released at that point.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote