The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #121
Galactus
Mad Scientist

Agents of Atlas started with an issue of What If.. In this case what if the Avengers in the 1950s and it used heroes from when the Marvel was known as Atlas comics.

An issue of Avengers Forever mini series kinda hinted that the team actually existed in the main Marvel Universe.

In the 2000s the book was launched around the premise the group operated briefly in the 50s and Jimmy Woo revived them in the present day.

Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:39 AM   #122
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Wasn't 'feeling' this one.

Spoiler:
Easter eggs and teases are nice, but there's too much in the way of escalation without answers. Monica gaining her powers through hex magic is an interesting angle, and I wonder if this is how mutants in the MCU are ultimately created? Could Darcie gain powers even now that she's in the bubble?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:57 AM   #123
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Wasn't 'feeling' this one.

Spoiler:
Easter eggs and teases are nice, but there's too much in the way of escalation without answers. Monica gaining her powers through hex magic is an interesting angle, and I wonder if this is how mutants in the MCU are ultimately created? Could Darcie gain powers even now that she's in the bubble?
I think this will just tease Wanda's -- and others' -- further adventures into the multiverse to come (in Doctor Strange, and whatever happens with Spider-Man in part 3), not some kind of "This is how we're bringing in the X-Men and mutants."

Spoiler:
Though Pietro "remembering" his death as the other Pietro, even becoming temporarily a bullet riddled corpse... kind of suggests it's not really the Fox-Men Pietro.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:39 AM   #124
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Spoiler:
Though Pietro "remembering" his death as the other Pietro, even becoming temporarily a bullet riddled corpse... kind of suggests it's not really the Fox-Men Pietro.
There is an alleged leak that states...
Spoiler:
... that when he's freed from Wanda's control, he'll mention something about being from a place where "there are more of us"...

... but I don't put much stock in the validitity of that.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:18 AM   #125
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Episode 7

Spoiler:
Monica's powers have been fully triggered as she reenters Westview, and Agnes is revealed as Agatha Harkness and is the one pulling all the strings...and gets a catchy song to accompany the montage of all her mischief so far. There are catacombs under Agatha's house.

Vision quickly snaps Darcie out of Wanda's spell, but find their way back to the house blocked by traffic lights, roadworks, and school children. Vision gets bored and eventually flies back home.

I was wondering why Evan Peters was credited when he didn't appear in the episode...but then he turns up in the show's first mid-credits scene!

I did laugh at the aerospace contact being a big ol' nothing burger, but when your best gag is due to pranking your audience in media hype interviews, that's saying something.

Vision's whole journey to uncovering the serious goings on at Westview,, as well as Darcie's own journey, is side-lined by unnecessary and unfunny gags that are typical of the bog-standard MCU comedy formula. Vision should have flown himself and Darcie straight to the house from the outset. Such insulting writing both for the intelligence of the characters and the audience
Old 02-19-2021, 05:37 AM   #126
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That sounds lame.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:28 AM   #127
neatoman
Emperor

Spoiler:
Seems like "Pietro" might just be an illusion cast by Agatha.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-19-2021, 03:25 PM   #128
neatoman
Emperor

I realised another thing here. If Hayward wants to use Vision as a weapon, and he has already done extensive research on him, does this imply they'll create the Sentinels from reverse-engineering Vision? He sure as hell don't seem to like the "Enhanched" very much, so it does seem like he would fund something like that.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-19-2021, 07:29 PM   #129
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm surprise nobody mention this one thing in the episode.
Spoiler:
Agatha was the one who killed Sparky the dog.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:10 PM   #130
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm surprise nobody mention this one thing in the episode.
Spoiler:
Agatha was the one who killed Sparky the dog.
Nobody cares about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I realised another thing here. If Hayward wants to use Vision as a weapon, and he has already done extensive research on him, does this imply they'll create the Sentinels from reverse-engineering Vision? He sure as hell don't seem to like the "Enhanched" very much, so it does seem like he would fund something like that.
Interesting thought. Maybe.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:15 AM   #131
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Episode 8... disappointing. It was almost an hour but didn't feel like it. We got a tiny bit of Agatha's backstory and a trip down memory lane with Wanda that told us nothing we didn't already know except maybe that
Spoiler:
she already had some powers pre-HYDRA volunteering... also that she maybe does have the power to bring back the dead... maybe
. I think the main purpose to the episode was just
Spoiler:
Wanda getting her Scarlet Witch name. According to Agatha she is like a prophesied uber powerful witch

I kept waiting for... something. Anything. Like maybe oops, she was adopted, or oops, here's a Magneto appearance. There really isn't anything to get excited about.

There is an after credits thing.
Spoiler:
Vision is brought back online by SWORD
Old 02-26-2021, 05:00 AM   #132
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Today's episode was alright, I'm glad it gave us some answers after a couple of unimpressive weeks, more questions linger though, and I feel like they're not going to tie it up satisfactorily next week.

Spoiler:
Agatha realises Wanda has always been able to tap into chaos hex magic, and finally gives her the title of the Scarlet Witch., which was corny and camp, some things just should not be allowed to filter into the MCU no matter how iconic they are to the comics.

Mid-credits reveal S.W.O.R.D bring Vision back online to use as a weapon, and he's a clear white, much like he was in the comics after being reassembled. I personally had flashbacks to the SEGA Avengers video game from my childhood which uses that version of the character
Old 02-26-2021, 06:06 AM   #133
neatoman
Emperor

Alright, here are some thoughts:
Spoiler:
Considering that Wanda always had powers, we can assume Pietro did as well. It seems unlikely that the Mind Stone, which has the property of altering minds, would give someone Super Speed. Which would basically mean they have to be mutants.

Spoiler:
Or experiments by the High Evolutionary but I think everyone hates that retcon, considering it was probably forced by Perlmutter and kind of ****s over their main source of dramatic tension. I seriously doubt anyone even wants to use that version of the origin.

Also, a few more things.
Spoiler:
Interesting that Wanda's parents are explicitly not named Django and Marya. Not sure why they felt the need to change that. Is it one of those things where it's meant to fool people familiar with the material? If it's meant to imply they're adopted, it's not a good indicator of that.

Spoiler:
My previous theories, that Pietro is just an illusion or some guy who has been brainwashed, seems to be somewhat correct. I guess he could be from an alternate universe counterpart but Agatha explicitly mentions that taking a body from europe would be difficult, I don't understand why it would be easier to tap into an alternate reality.

Spoiler:
I'm guessing the implication with the Mind Stone, and why I suspect Wanda is a mutant, is that it merely removed Wanda's inhibitions rather than change anything? It's ambigious as to what actually happened. This is what I also think happened to Pietro, his powers were always there, he just had inhibitions that prevented him from moving at the extreme speeds.

Also...
Spoiler:
... Yup, people sure are coming back to life alright. I kind of hoped that the MCU would never last long enough to start the revolving door of death thing, but I guess it did. Can't wait to see others come back to life...
Hahahaha!
Old 02-26-2021, 12:46 PM   #134
AquaParade
Big Boss

That episode did not click with me. Way too much time spent with Agatha doling out exposition.
All that sarcasm coming from Agatha, with the zomebie/trance-like replies from Wanda just felt like they were going on forever.
A couple of the flashbacks were effective and the post-credit scene was intriguing, but that was the worst episode so far, for me. Still, looking forward to next week.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #135
CyberCubed
Overlord

So after watching this, is Agents of Shield worth watching? I know it has over 100+ episodes so I'm wondering if it's worth the investment.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM   #136
sdp
Rave Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So after watching this, is Agents of Shield worth watching? I know it has over 100+ episodes so I'm wondering if it's worth the investment.
It's non-canon

PM me for an invite to the TechnoDrome Discord
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM   #137
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It's non-canon
You're non-canon.

Jk.

I heard the Ghost Rider episodes were pretty cool, but I haven't been very interested in the show itself.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM   #138
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I don't care if it's canon or not, but just wondering.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #139
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It had an incredible tie-in with the Winter Soldier in it's first season, and proceeded to be pointless filler every other season. It's audience gradually dwindled 'till only 'shippers were watching it.
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM   #140
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I heard the Ghost Rider episodes were pretty cool, but I haven't been very interested in the show itself.
The Ghost Rider episodes where when the show was already on the decline. Season 3 was the best.