The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-23-2023, 12:44 PM   #61
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
The mezco turtles are very cool, but are they essential? Will they be missed if skipped? It will probably depend on if they make an incredible Shredder and/or other characters in an undeniably cool fashion to expand the grouping.
Casey is looking amazing, but then again, I don't think I can support a line that costs as much as Mafex (or roughly $100+ a figure), while supporting NECA and S7. I almost probably shouldn't have picked up Fury Toys Leo as my OCDish will make me want to complete the set.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 04:11 PM   #62
teemu
Stone Warrior

I'm all over that Casey! I hope they do Leatherhead, Rock Steady, Bebop
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 07:12 PM   #63
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

I may be the only one that thinks their Casey is just ... okay, haha. I will say it likes a better version of that Dreamex figure from a couple of years ago.
Old 07-23-2023, 08:24 PM   #64
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I may be the only one that thinks their Casey is just ... okay, haha. I will say it likes a better version of that Dreamex figure from a couple of years ago.
Dreamex is exactly what came to mind when I first saw the picture.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 08:44 PM   #65
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm not a fan of the denim vest but it's removable and it'll surely come with plenty of accesories, remember this will be a $100 figure. I hope we get a maskless casey, plenty of weapons and a few shirt options, perhaps a mouser or something else. Hopefully something cool and not wasted.

For the turtles themselves even though they have 3 heads many are very similar, they could've done a bit better there. Raph literally has 3 angry faces, I mean I know he's the angry one but come on, not even a serious face. Mikey gets the best range. The stands are kind of obnoxious too, wish that instead of being the color of the turtles and the logo they would've gone with the standard manhole covers or I guess street pieces like the original NECA mirage turtles. A for the soft goods, I guess they couldn't think what to give Donnie so they just gave him a hood like Leo but they could've done a lab coat or a sweater with a beanie like in the old toon. Hell if they were going to repeat outfits they could've just done the trenchcoat again. Also curious to what weapons they have, if it's only the ones shown in the pictures I think they missed a few opportunities. The fact that the grappling hook seen in the turtle shots is not included in the picture of the other items gives me hope there's more items.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 08:17 AM   #66
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm not a fan of the denim vest but it's removable and it'll surely come with plenty of accesories, remember this will be a $100 figure. I hope we get a maskless casey, plenty of weapons and a few shirt options, perhaps a mouser or something else. Hopefully something cool and not wasted.

For the turtles themselves even though they have 3 heads many are very similar, they could've done a bit better there. Raph literally has 3 angry faces, I mean I know he's the angry one but come on, not even a serious face. Mikey gets the best range. The stands are kind of obnoxious too, wish that instead of being the color of the turtles and the logo they would've gone with the standard manhole covers or I guess street pieces like the original NECA mirage turtles. A for the soft goods, I guess they couldn't think what to give Donnie so they just gave him a hood like Leo but they could've done a lab coat or a sweater with a beanie like in the old toon. Hell if they were going to repeat outfits they could've just done the trenchcoat again. Also curious to what weapons they have, if it's only the ones shown in the pictures I think they missed a few opportunities. The fact that the grappling hook seen in the turtle shots is not included in the picture of the other items gives me hope there's more items.

Im still mad they are only including 3 heads for Raph-there should be 4 so we can make red team.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 11:14 AM   #67
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Mezco is also doing a 5 points of articulation line with all four turtles. They are smaller, cheaper and with interchangeable parts. Read on for details and click the links for pics:

"We’re lean, we’re green, and we’re mean!"

Everyone’s favorite crime-fighting, half-shell heroes, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles join the 5 Points lineup!

Cowabunga! This boxed set is bursting with turtle power and features all 4 Turtles as well as interchangeable head, arms, legs, hands, and signature weapons! Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael are ready to defend New York City against any evil forces that cross their path!

THE 5 POINTS PLUS TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES DELUXE SET INCLUDES:

Leonardo - the leader of the Turtles with a heart of gold, Leonardo wields his trusty katana swords and is always ready to tussle.

Raphael - the tough and fearless brawler with a no-nonsense attitude and fierce loyalty, Raphael unleashes his sai in lightning-fast strikes.

Donatello - the brains behind the operation, Donatello uses his bo staff and ingenious inventions to outsmart any foe.

Michelangelo - with his infectious humor and love for pizza, Michelangelo brings laughter and energy to the team, and is ready to strike with his nunchucks.

ACCESSORIES:

Six (6) interchangeable heads
Six (6) pairs of interchangeable hands
Seven (7) pairs of interchangeable arms
Eight ( pairs of interchangeable legs
Four (4) interchangeable belts
Four (4) belts with weapon storage:
One (1) belt with sai storage
One (1) belt with staff storage
One (1) belt with nunchuck storage
One (1) belt with katana storage
Two (2) Katana swords
Two (2) Sai
One (1) Staff
Two (2) Nunchucks (folded)
Two (2) Nunchucks (extended)

5 Points are Mezco’s upgrade to the articulated action figures of yesteryear. These highly detailed, posable action figures feature some of pop culture’s most familiar faces, both old and new.

The 5 Points Plus Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Deluxe Set is packaged in a collector-friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/5-points-p...les-deluxe-set

Last edited by Zulithe; 08-25-2023 at 11:39 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 11:32 AM   #68
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Also up on BBTS

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...ils/234146?o=1
Old 08-25-2023, 11:53 AM   #69
IMJ
Emperor

They are doing this with Indiana Jones as well - they recently announced a "Toht" figure with a light-up Ark, which is awesome.

Companies like this don't often flesh out a their licensed I.P.s very far, but honestly I hope they keep doing it...... I mean Marvel and DC get a lot of figures, but to have movie licenses and do more with them beyond "the" character is awesome. Big bets on that they do a Shredder.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 03:59 PM   #70
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Shame those Mirage ones look so babyish. I love all things Mirage (not IDW) but this is an easy pass. You could at least have given them rattles or bottles, Mezco.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 07:58 AM   #71
Robogeek1973
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
They are doing this with Indiana Jones as well - they recently announced a "Toht" figure with a light-up Ark, which is awesome.

Companies like this don't often flesh out a their licensed I.P.s very far, but honestly I hope they keep doing it...... I mean Marvel and DC get a lot of figures, but to have movie licenses and do more with them beyond "the" character is awesome. Big bets on that they do a Shredder.
Agreed...I'd love to see a Shredder to go with the 6 inch Turtles.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 05:30 PM   #72
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Just checked and they’re up for preorder on BBTS again.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 04:35 AM   #73
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
Just checked and they’re up for preorder on BBTS again.
Someone must have grabbed them. Says sold out.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 11:28 AM   #74
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Someone must have grabbed them. Says sold out.
I hope they aren't confusing the $400 box set with the cheaper, smaller turtle set they have which is $64.99

Everyone make sure you get the right set for your needs!

*edit*

As I write this I realize they are back for pre-order on EE. This has been going in and out of stock, possibly due to cancellations bringing more allocation.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...ed-set/mz75514

Just one more month of waiting! Unless they get delayed, we'll see.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:43 AM   #75
j3h
Hench Mutant

I have zero faith that we will see the One:12 set release this year as Mezco is extremely late with every licensed One:12 offering….their fantastic four set is two years late I believe and still not out as just one example.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 11:45 AM   #76
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I have zero faith that we will see the One:12 set release this year as Mezco is extremely late with every licensed One:12 offering….their fantastic four set is two years late I believe and still not out as just one example.
They are just a bit worse than Super7
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 01:41 PM   #77
Robogeek1973
Thug

Quote:
I have my order 3/4 paid off just in case.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:42 PM   #78
j3h
Hench Mutant

According to entertainment earth, the release date has moved from December 2023 to Aug 2024.
I still have next to no faith that the Aug date will be met.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 06:01 AM   #79
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
According to entertainment earth, the release date has moved from December 2023 to Aug 2024.
I still have next to no faith that the Aug date will be met.

This is normal for Mezco-for those on the first time Mezco train this will be a long wait. As someone mentioned earlier just look at the FF4 set- ordered this one late to go with Haslab Galactus and its already a 2 year wait. This is why BBTS does deposits now. After 2 years people cancel.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 01:24 PM   #80
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

in a way it's a bummer, but also a relief due to how expensive it is