The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #1
mikey22
Stone Warrior

if tmnt had a game for 94-96 series

I think this woulda been a lazy game put-together, however if Konami woulda made it. this coulda been a fun beat um up. I woulda enjoyed taking on Dregg in an ultimate boss fight!

Do you think Playstation so they could show some toon clips? Or snes or n64 release?

96 was beginning of n 64 so I dunno.
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:22 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22 View Post
I think this woulda been a lazy game put-together, however if Konami woulda made it. this coulda been a fun beat um up. I woulda enjoyed taking on Dregg in an ultimate boss fight!

Do you think Playstation so they could show some toon clips? Or snes or n64 release?

96 was beginning of n 64 so I dunno.
I would have loved a TMNT game during the 32-bit era, especially if it could have been 2D with flourishings. More likely than not, it would have ended up like Batman Beyond, Superman 64, and all the worst of the lot. Even Konami stumbled at times trying to make the jump into 3D action games.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
pferreira
Foot Elite

It probably would have been a 2D scrolling beat'em up for Mega Drive and Snes. Saturn and Playstation may of got a port with added clips from the series. That's my logic on it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

By 1994-1995, RPG-games to SNES became popular outside Japan. So why not make an SNES game in the same style as the first TMNT videogame from 1989?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I always thought that a cool idea for a fighting game in the 90s would've been a crossover with all the "Red Sky" cartoons like Tmnt, Sonic SatAm and Batman TAS in a Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of the Superheroes style.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:50 AM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Hopefully still 2D. 3D was still starting up and was very horrible. They can't even get a 3D beat-em-up right nowadays, I can't imaging the nightmare of an attempt back in 96.

I can kinda see a Genesis version... then a SEGA CD version which would be the exact same game, just slightly better music, more voice clips and animated cut scenes.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:34 AM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well more of a 95-96 video game since we did get tournament fighters in 95.

It would've been based on the Red Sky seasons and feature all original levels and new mechanics only for the SNES and would've been a cool forgotten game like TMNT III on the NES.

More interesting, what would a The Next Mutation game would've been like in 97.

I think we would've gotten a mediocre Game Boy game sidescroller and a Playstation game, Nintendo 64 got shunned by third parties early on so no game for that. Playstation and FMV was still new we would've gotten crappy quality show footage on the CD, voices in the game and it would've been a very basic 3D beat em up. Many angry reviewers would've gotten to it already and made the same tired jokes.

"A turtle with boobs? What were they thinking?" "No Shredder in my game?" "look at the horrible controls and graphics" "the voices are so horrible".
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:47 AM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It would have been like any other of the 15 Konami TMNT games... do a lot of walking left-to-right fighting a gauntlet of rainbow-colored Foot Soldiers, mashing the same two buttons over and over again all the way to the boss.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It would have been like any other of the 15 Konami TMNT games... do a lot of walking left-to-right fighting a gauntlet of rainbow-colored Foot Soldiers, mashing the same two buttons over and over again all the way to the boss.

Fans still clamor for another TMNT game that goes back to the glory days of Konami. Why can't we go back to the glory days

Spoiler:
We've gotten plenty similar ones, it's just that back then it was fun and new and now it feels old and repetitive.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:38 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pretty glad TMNT skipped the entire N64/PS1 generation. The blocky graphics would have been awful, and look how bad other licensed games were at the time like Superman 64 or that Batman Beyond game on N64/PS1. Almost all licensed games were horrible back then.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:39 AM   #11
cammy85
Stone Warrior

We did get that Game N Watch game with Berserko, Bebop and Rocksteady possibly set after Season 10 (maybe? When did that come out?). I imagine it would be, yes, like Andrew said, and there wouldn't be enough going on considering who all had been phased out during the Red Sky seasons. You might get a level about Berserko, maybe HAVOC, a final battle with Shredder and Krang; phase with Dregg, Hitech and the Technogang complete with unlockable mutations then a final battle with Dregg, Mung and Batmen. Unless they can space that out s bit, that's not much to do.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #12
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Pretty glad TMNT skipped the entire N64/PS1 generation. The blocky graphics would have been awful, and look how bad other licensed games were at the time like Superman 64 or that Batman Beyond game on N64/PS1. Almost all licensed games were horrible back then.
Some 2D games looked awesome in that generation. I have already mentioned it, but Marvel vs Capcom Clash of the Superheroes looked great on PS1 and was praised by critics.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:21 AM   #13
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Im creating commissioned animations for wolf based TMNT game
Old 02-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #14
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Awesome dude! I especially love the General Traag design.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #15
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Glad You like them, i have some more but theyre very fresh/new and i shouldnt show too much at the moment
Old 02-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #16
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Yes, your designs are awesome but a real game woudn't have looked like that, it would've looked much worse.

Also a 3D game would've been based on TNM and an OT game likely a 2D sidescroller for either Genesis/Game Boy/SNES.

A N64 wouldn't have gotten any TMNT games, the only way an OT game would've happened is if it had been something crazy like a kart racer on Playstation or the like.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

Weren't there rumours that a TNM game was in the works or there was at least a deal for it?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:23 AM   #18
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Yes, your designs are awesome but a real game woudn't have looked like that, it would've looked much worse.

Also a 3D game would've been based on TNM and an OT game likely a 2D sidescroller for either Genesis/Game Boy/SNES.

A N64 wouldn't have gotten any TMNT games, the only way an OT game would've happened is if it had been something crazy like a kart racer on Playstation or the like.
If you mean palettes were limited to 16 colours per sprite and limited width /height then i dont think it would be an issue, if artists behind game would want the game to look like that then it would look like that in 1995.
I already did some games and i wanted themto look like cartoon, he-man and rocko's modern life.
My sprites were slammed before for not being pixel arty enough and they fit in their own category but its how i always wanted the game to look like - as close as possible to cartoon and as less pixelated as possible.
https://gamejolt.com/games/he-man/19434
https://gamejolt.com/games/rocko-s-modern-game/18142
Mortal kombat 3 from 95 year had lots of colours and used photographs as sprites, so not making game to look like cartoon was a choice that nobody changed and they continued to make games that look like pixelated games, to save memory and all that, which was not really necessary.They just tried to fit in.Visionary artists dont try to fit in, they dictate the style and others follow.Onl games that used cartoon style approach were like dragons lair/space ace and similar adventure reaction games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-dg4J9_nes

Last edited by bwwd; 02-01-2018 at 11:30 AM.
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:07 PM   #19
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
By 1994-1995, RPG-games to SNES became popular outside Japan. So why not make an SNES game in the same style as the first TMNT videogame from 1989?
No way. TMNT is seen as action orientated. There's no way they would spend money to make something for still a niche audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I can kinda see a Genesis version... then a SEGA CD version which would be the exact same game, just slightly better music, more voice clips and animated cut scenes.
Not sure about Mega CD. With the Saturn around by that point they would have gone for that platform due to increase in graphical capabilities, colours, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
http://mightymega.com/wp-content/upl...by_mondo_3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Im creating commissioned animations for wolf based TMNT game
Amazing stuff. Now that would look like a cool game. It looks like that He-Man fan game that was recently released. Just make sure to concentrate as much on the frames of animation as the look of the characters. The He-Man characters look great but they don't have much animation when fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Weren't there rumours that a TNM game was in the works or there was at least a deal for it?
Indeed there was. It was reported back in the day by GamesMaster Magazine.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

We've already estabilished how licensed N64/Ps1/Saturn 3D games tended to look crappy.

But what about a game Boy Colour TMNT game? Food for thought.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote