The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Does Eastman like Michelangelo?

Seriously. In nearly every drawing I've ever seen Eastman draw of the Turtles--especially for covers--Mike is stuck in the back. Sometimes he's just a silhouette.

Is Mike Eastman's least favourite turtle?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Seriously. In nearly every drawing I've ever seen Eastman draw of the Turtles--especially for covers--Mike is stuck in the back. Sometimes he's just a silhouette.

Is Mike Eastman's least favourite turtle?
I doubt he's his least favorite, especially since Raphael is usually seen as Mikey's best pal.

Mikey's not in the back all the time. In his IDW #1 variant Mikey is in the forefront. I doubt he even does it on purpose...if he did, I would think it's just because Mikey is the youngest and he looks badass swinging his chucks in the back.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I never thought of Eastman or Laird having an order of favoritism beyond their revealed favorites, Eastman' s being Raph and Laird's being Don. I doubt it though. Its ironic that Michelangelo is considered the youngest when he was the first created in the first picture as drawn by Eastman having nunchicku attatched to his arm.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've always tended to think Donatello is Kevin's least favorite Turtle. But I have nothing to base it on.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

I would base that on Don being Pete's favourite. Actually I always thought from Volume 4 that Pete was least fond of Raph.

I forgot about that pic, Donnie, but Mike is seriously in the back often in a lot of Kevin's paintings for his Artobiography a few years ago.

I don't think they decided that Mike was the youngest until, like, the 4th movie.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
I never thought of Eastman or Laird having an order of favoritism beyond their revealed favorites, Eastman' s being Raph and Laird's being Don. I doubt it though. Its ironic that Michelangelo is considered the youngest when he was the first created in the first picture as drawn by Eastman having nunchicku attatched to his arm.
Interesting point. Mikey does make for some great backgrounds with his swinging chucks.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
I would base that on Don being Pete's favourite. Actually I always thought from Volume 4 that Pete was least fond of Raph.

I forgot about that pic, Donnie, but Mike is seriously in the back often in a lot of Kevin's paintings for his Artobiography a few years ago.

I don't think they decided that Mike was the youngest until, like, the 4th movie.
Maybe he had it in the back of his mind, kind of an unstated thing until it came to light. Not sure...like I said though I doubt Mikey's intentionally left in the back, and I really do think he looks just as great in the back swinging the chucks as he does up front.

You're right about Raph being Pete's least favorite. He never overtly claimed that, but I asked him who his least favorite was via his blog not too long ago in the "Ask PL" thread and he said that although he never really had a least favorite beyond Donnie being his favorite, he tended to like Raphael the least because of his overwhelming anger.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Maybe he had it in the back of his mind, kind of an unstated thing until it came to light. Not sure...like I said though I doubt Mikey's intentionally left in the back, and I really do think he looks just as great in the back swinging the chucks as he does up front.
Maybe it is thought it looks better in action shots to have swinging nunchucks away from hitting his own people?

Quote:
You're right about Raph being Pete's least favorite. He never overtly claimed that, but I asked him who his least favorite was via his blog not too long ago in the "Ask PL" thread and he said that although he never really had a least favorite beyond Donnie being his favorite, he tended to like Raphael the least because of his overwhelming anger.
Humorously enough that is why he is Kevin's favorite. The sarcasm of Raphael draws me more to him than the anger issue does.

Your a frequent poster over on the Mirage Dudes blogs too?
Old 01-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post

Your a frequent poster over on the Mirage Dudes blogs too?
Not really, I like to check Pete's blog from time to time, and Eastman & Lawson are always posting cool stuff via their Facebook pages/accounts.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Does Eastman like Michelangelo?
I think he's more of a Picasso-fan, but don't quote me on that. ... Quote Archon on that instead.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote