The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you accepted the probability?
Yes 50 50.51%
No 30 30.30%
In the process of it 19 19.19%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2016, 11:44 AM   #201
CyberCubed
Overlord

Not to mention the BTTS sewer is in Turtles Forever, not their Season 4/Season 5 lair.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #202
Powder
So tired of this place

You can't argue with facts.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #203
CyberCubed
Overlord

Given all the voice actors going back into to record voicework, I really do hope they got renewed but just haven't officially announced it yet. I don't see why Nick would end their biggest TMNT money maker so soon.

The movies bombed, and the profits they have to share with IDW is probably next to nothing, especially since IDW TMNT only sells 16,000-20,000 copies a month on average.

People fail to realize its not just the cartoon, all the branded merch will go down with it.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:20 PM   #204
Vicky82
Emperor

If the voice actors are doing ADR and if season 5 is the last season, then they shouldn’t be tweeting/Instagraming it because it is getting peoples hopes up.

Thinking about it, as the last 4 episodes of season 4 wont be airing until January/Feburary 2017, then season 5 will probably start in March/April. So if there is a season 6 then it most likely be starting sometime in 2018. So Nickelodeon probably can't officially announce it yet until 2017.

I remember last year at New York Comic Con when season 5 was announced and they also announced the Space Arc stuff for season 4 but a lot of websites got confused and thought the Space Arc stuff was for season 5. Maybe Nick doesn't want a repeat of that again.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #205
CyberCubed
Overlord

I can't think of anything else they would need to record voice work for, unless its for a videogame but even that is minor.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:25 PM   #206
ToTheNines
[sic]

Isaac from the Turtle Power documentary has confirmed that season 5 is it.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/t...15_54_32-08_00
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:37 PM   #207
Vegita-San
Emperor

You know...

While I won't be celebrating the show ending like some people might..

I love the animation.
I love the music.
I love the reinvention of Bebop, Rocksteady and Slash.
I Love the voice cast...

I AM ready for something better to come along in a few years with a more cohesive vision.

- I won't miss the stupid horror elements and movie monster pop ups.
- I won't miss dropped plot lines and inconsistencies.
- I won't miss the super long breaks that make it impossible to gain any momentum.
-I won't miss every woman on the show needing to be a love interest for the turtles.
- I won't miss inbred mikey and his utter stupidity.

4Kids really spoiled me as to what a turtles show could be when someone truly cares to take charge with a vision.

I want to get back to more of that. leave Fred Wolf Behind. especially since most people don't know how to do it right without out right insulting it.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:40 PM   #208
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Isaac from the Turtle Power documentary has confirmed that season 5 is it.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/t...15_54_32-08_00
Where in the podcast does he mention about Season 5 being the last?
Old 11-26-2016, 06:42 PM   #209
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
The TMNT franchise always has horror movie elements. 4kids had Notes of the Underground, Mirage had countless monster stories, the original cartoon had that episode Shredder brought black and white movie picture monsters to life, etc.

Quote:
There aren't any dropped plotlines. How many times does this need to be said?

Quote:
- I won't miss the super long breaks that make it impossible to gain any momentum.
This is the scheduling departments fault, nothing to do with the show. When the series is all over this won't be an issue when people can marathon through it.

Quote:
-I won't miss every woman on the show needing to be a love interest for the turtles.
Other TMNT universes are just as guilty doing this with a lot of its female characters.

Quote:
2k3 Mikey was barely any different after the first season.

Quote:
I want to get back to more of that. leave Fred Wolf Behind. especially since most people don't know how to do it right without out right insulting it.
The Nick cartoon is barely anything like Fred Wolf besides using old characters, who they basically reinvent anyway.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:03 PM   #210
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The horror elements especially Season 3 is the best thing in the entire series tbh. But my personal fave will always be Invasion of Squirrelanoids in Season 2. Props to Ciro and team for bringing edge and thrill to the franchise.

I can see a tmnt horror series ala Courage the Cowardly Dog tbh.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #211
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Sorry to hear that it'll be ending at season 5 (although 5 years is a respectable run).

Quote:
You know...

While I won't be celebrating the show ending like some people might..

I love the animation.
I love the music.
I love the reinvention of Bebop, Rocksteady and Slash.
I Love the voice cast...
I liked those things, too.

Quote:
I AM ready for something better to come along in a few years with a more cohesive vision.
Fair enough, however:

Quote:
]
While I wasn't crazy about the horror episodes, some of them were good and all of them at least felt organic to the show, IMHO.

Quote:
I actually don't remember that many. Mutagen Man was the one dropped thing I specifically recall, but it didn't leave any plot holes.

Quote:
Yeah, those were annoying, but it wasn't the show's fault itself and the episodes themselves were generally good, anyways.

Quote:
Huh. That said, I did think most of the female characters they introduced where interesting ones in and of themselves.

Quote:
Okay, going to have to disagree. This was the only version of Mikey I really liked (except for the 2007 movie version). Good voice acting, more range with the character, and some genuine laughs.

Quote:
4Kids really spoiled me as to what a turtles show could be when someone truly cares to take charge with a vision.
Fair enough, although I've found the '03 cartoon to be the least watchable of the bunch. The characters (or at least acting) feel flat and stiff and the story arcs it did sometimes seem to overwhelm the characters.

I actually thought that the 2012 cartoon hit the sweet spot. It could do serious drama like '03 but also be funny and lively like '83, and in general did both better than either of the first two cartoons.

Quote:
Well, the '83 cartoon really defined the franchise, so while I'm sure there's a place for something closer to the source material, such an adaptation would feel strange and incomplete to a lot of us. Also, I'd argue that the '12 cartoon handled the '83 cartoon just right, in terms of adapting from it and such.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #212
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Just listened to this podcast, the part where he talks about Season 5 being the last, Happens at the 57:38 mark.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:34 AM   #213
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

New season 5 was it. Gonna miss this show. Daughter is gonna be sad to hear this. Shredder story is gonna end in season 4 just like I thought.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #214
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

I'm gonna miss this show. I hope they make a reboot a few years after 2017. But I have to admit I am getting a little tired of it. But it's having a good run.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #215
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It was fun for what it was. It had to end sometime so it wouldn't become stale. My only complaints were the dragged out space and Northampton segments. All the horror Eps just back to back felt like we were watching some tmnt horror spin off. They're fine in small doses like maybe one horror ep per season but back to back to back? No. Space for a whole season? No.

At least it sounds like season 5 is gonna end on a high note.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:13 AM   #216
Vicky82
Emperor

It is a shame to hear it is ending but there still could be specials and maybe in a few years time there will be a new series.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:29 AM   #217
CyberCubed
Overlord

Things....didn't have to be like this. Things didn't have to be this way.

Not like this.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:57 AM   #218
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Good riddance.

I'm glad that at the end of the day, with Laird selling the franchise to Nickeldoeon, I did actually get the best possible thing I could have wanted for TMNT: to get Nick's veteran Avatar writers on it.

If even for just one season, I'm glad I witnessed that in my lifetime.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:08 PM   #219
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Good riddance.

I'm glad that at the end of the day, with Laird selling the franchise to Nickeldoeon, I did actually get the best possible thing I could have wanted for TMNT: to get Nick's veteran Avatar writers on it.

If even for just one season, I'm glad I witnessed that in my lifetime.
Your loss then. Majority of the show is consistently good.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #220
snake
Disgusting

First season was good all the way through, and a well put together "Recommended Episodes" guide could boost my enjoyment when marathoning it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercucked, you're all to blame!