The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
newfan
Mad Scientist

Is the Skywalker bloodline overated?

Edit: Or Overrated even..

Okay this is just something I've wondered about and was looking for opinions on.

So, in the movies they have made a thing of Anakin the powerful one and any off spring being a threat to the emperor.... okay, so, this all powerful Anakin/Vader (and of course he was powerful) was not as powerful as the emperor, he feared him (I presumed when he was telling Luke he must obey his master). Then we get Luke, I don't want to pick on Luke, I like him, but he didn't seem to be what you would expect as 'son of Anakin' Maybe the newer movies didn't help this, with other Jedi masters and their skills, then this all powerful Rey who's powers will apparently surprise Luke. I may be premature with this though, we haven't seen Luke in the new movies yet.

Actually thinking about it, neither had been made it to master status and Luke only trained from an adult age.

Last edited by newfan; 10-14-2017 at 12:14 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:08 PM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well I guess the original movies meant that the skywalker line was "skilled" while the prequels turned it into a generic "prophecy". If that's what you mean then yeah it was a mistake, they should've kept it as just they had the right "genes" to understand the force and not just another "it's meant to be"
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote