The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 05-26-2016, 01:31 PM   #421
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Thing is, the Lois and Clark book sold much less.
i suspect that was only because it was a side book and not the main title?
Old 05-26-2016, 01:33 PM   #422
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i suspect that was only because it was a side book and not the main title?
Yeah, they'll probably sell much better now that people realize it was the taster for the main books
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #423
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Yeah, they'll probably sell much better now that people realize it was the taster for the main books
even though i'm dropping from buying the monthlies i really hope this version of Supes sells better!
i really hated the New52 Superman series! it was a complete taunt that just lead to a slap in the face!
Old 05-26-2016, 01:42 PM   #424
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Thanks for the info on Jessica Cruz and New 52 Superman. I assume Superman that resurfaced with Lois and a son named Jon is Earth-1/Earth-0 Superman whom we followed up to Flashpoint?

I saw the segment she got a ring and Hal and John's reaction was like mine," why does the ring think sector 2814 needs yet another Green Lantern? Fourth wall breaking joke?

Super Woman of Earth-3 was the woman controlling Darkseid? Sorry, I have not followed the title since issue #7.

Maybe DC will do something else smart and put Dick with Barbara. I know this is the reign of The Didiot...
Old 05-26-2016, 01:44 PM   #425
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Thanks for the info on Jessica Cruz and New 52 Superman. I assume Superman that resurfaced with Lois and a son named Jon is Earth-1/Earth-0 Superman whom we followed up to Flashpoint?
Earth-1 Superman is a very different character. But yes, it's Earth-0 Superman, with some missing years between the beginning of Flashpoint and now. Or something.

This is Earth-1 Superman:

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #426
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Preview for Green Arrow: Rebirth

http://www.newsarama.com/29476-dc-pr...rebirth-1.html

Quote:
Maybe DC will do something else smart and put Dick with Barbara..
That happened in Convergence when they got married, of course now they either don't remember that or those versions were from another reality, Babs will be globe-trotting in her own title so she doesn't have time for Dick, plus she has a business waiting for her back home in Burnside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Earth-1 Superman is a very different character. But yes, it's Earth-0 Superman, with some missing years between the beginning of Flashpoint and now. Or something.]
He, Lois and the baby were taken out of time before Flashpoint happened for some unexplained reason and after Convergence, he helped end the Crisis and spent those ten years raising his son in the New 52 reality convinced he was from another reality.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #427
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Earth-1 Superman is a very different character. But yes, it's Earth-0 Superman, with some missing years between the beginning of Flashpoint and now. Or something.

This is Earth-1 Superman:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._One_vol.2.jpg
Thanks to you both for confirmation. When I mentioned Earth-1 I was referring to Superman of the Silver and Bronze age or perhaps pre-crisis would have been a better label. It seemed like that Superman folded over to become Earth-0 Superman.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #428
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Thanks to you both for confirmation. When I mentioned Earth-1 I was referring to Superman of the Silver and Bronze age or perhaps pre-crisis would have been a better label.
That was a few multiverses ago.

Quote:
It seemed like that Superman folded over to become Earth-0 Superman.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20151122133403
Sort of, during Infinite Crisis.

I'm going to illustrate what I think has been the history of the DC Multiverse:

1. Pre-original Crisis. There is a whole Multiverse. Limitless worlds and realities.

2. During the original Crisis, the Multiverse is wiped out entirely and a new Earth is created. It's alone. The Monitor dies and the Anti-Monitor is killed.

3. During Zero Hour, Hal as Parallax wipes out the entire universe, but certain bits of history of the new Earth are tweaked when it comes back via a new Big Bang instrumented by Damage. Nothing major, very surprisingly, despite Earth literally being erased and then recreated from scratch.

4. During Infinite Crisis, Superboy-Prime somehow Superboy-Prime Punches all of reality and time from his paradise dimension. Certain bits of history are tweaked again, but this time restoring almost all of the history of the main Earth and the old Earth-2 (merging them together, sorta). The new Earth (Earth-0) is now formally called "New Earth."

5. During 52, Mr. Mind and a bunch of crazy **** happened to somewhat recreate the Multiverse... but only in 52 worlds this time. There are now 52 Monitors, all given life simultaneously.

6. During Sinestro Corps War the Anti-Monitor came back.

7. During Final Crisis... not much happened to the Multiverse. But all the monitors were wiped out except Nix. Also, the New Gods are reborn on Earth-51 (and Grant Morrison said that so did Darkseid).

8. During the year-long Trinity event, Krona inadvertently gives birth to Earth-1 (and somehow doesn't remember this when he shows up in whatever horrible Green Lantern Geoff Johns event that was). We go on to see Superman: Earth-1 and Batman: Earth-1.

9. During Flashpoint, Pandora says that somehow, Earth-0, Earth-50 (Wildstorm), and Earth-13 (Vertigo) were separated from each other a long time ago but need to be reunited and remerged to combat some coming threat. So she remerges them.

10. The New 52 Earth-0 is created (but sometimes called Earth-Prime now?). Everything is rebooted and different, even the 52 other worlds that emerged from 52 pre-Flashpoint. Except for Earth-1, somehow... it's still the same, untouched by Flashpoint.

11. Nix still exists from Final Crisis, and takes us on a tour of the New 52-ized 52 world Multiverse in Multiversity. Or something.

12. A rebooted Anti-Monitor emerges in the New 52.

13. Convergence happens where all the pre-Flashpoint 52 still exists in pre-Flashpoint Brainiac containment. Somehow.

14. Rebirth happens, revealing that somehow Dr. Manhattan was responsible for the Earth-0, Earth-50 (Wildstorm), and Earth-13 (Vertigo) merging into the New 52, not Pandora. I guess, little by little, things are restored to more or less the way they were pre-Flashpoint?

My questions are... what the f*ck is Pandora talking about in Flashpoint? When in history were the Wildstorm and Vertigo universes merged together with Earth-0? Right at the original Crisis? Wildstorm didn't even exist then. So before? Even Vertigo didn't exist. So when were they merged together? And if the pre-Flashpoint Earth-0, Earth-13, and Earth-50 were mashed together by Pandora to create the New52 main Earth... how do they still exist in any kind of containment by Brainiac in Convergence? How are they in two places at once? How was Earth-1 protected from the reboot effects of Flashpoint when every other Earth was rebooted? If all the New Gods were reborn on Earth-51 in Final Crisis, pre-Flashpoint and they're all just back to business as usual in the New 52... what is on the New 52 Earth-51 right now? And if Nix in Multiversity is still the same Nix from Final Crisis (and he appears to be), why would he let anyone or anything f*ck with Earth-51, when that was specifically the Earth he was supposed to protect (and just got done repairing at the end of Final Crisis)?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:58 AM   #429
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Interview with Tomasi on the relationship dynamics between father and son in Superman

http://www.newsarama.com/29499-rebir...n-dynamic.html

So Superman will be the family-focused fun book, with Action Comics will be more serious and tightly focused on every impact player in the saga
Old 05-27-2016, 02:48 PM   #430
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Interview with Tomasi on the relationship dynamics between father and son in Superman

http://www.newsarama.com/29499-rebir...n-dynamic.html

So Superman will be the family-focused fun book, with Action Comics will be more serious and tightly focused on every impact player in the saga
the Tomasi/Gleason Batman & Robin series was one of my favorite comic series of recent years!

if i was still actually collecting new DC single issues, this would have more than likely been one for the pull list.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:27 PM   #431
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Despite the Hydra Cap twist, the week proved a healthy one for DC, with Rebirth and JL#50 nabbing first and second place.

Topping the charts in some local comic stores also was Spider-Man/Deadpool#5, which contained the OMD twist

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/...n-beats-nazis/
Old 05-29-2016, 08:25 PM   #432
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Geoff Johns sets down with Yahoo! for an interview.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/dc-mast...223442239.html
Old 06-01-2016, 03:31 AM   #433
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Read Green Lanters: Rebirth, Superman: Rebirth and Batman: Rebirth

Out of all of them, I liked GL the most. Supes was alright but had no action and was way too short, and I honestly felt like Batman was a Marvel book
Old 06-01-2016, 05:16 AM   #434
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Read Green Lanters: Rebirth, Superman: Rebirth and Batman: Rebirth

Out of all of them, I liked GL the most. Supes was alright but had no action and was way too short, and I honestly felt like Batman was a Marvel book
and GL was the title with the two unknowns right?

that 'incomplete issue' feel you said that Superman had, that's exactly why i don't like the weekly/bi-weekly schedule.
it let's them get away with that more-so than if the book is coming out only once a month.

really? a marvel book? that's a low blow!
Old 06-01-2016, 06:28 AM   #435
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
and GL was the title with the two unknowns right?
Right. They're pretty good together.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:53 AM   #436
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Right. They're pretty good together.
i got to read that Batman rebirth comic. Marvel comic aren't THAT bad are they??
it was pretty awful!
Old 06-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #437
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
i got to read that Batman rebirth comic. Marvel comic aren't THAT bad are they??
At the moment, they're the pits, yeah.

They're relaunching again this year too (to be fair, they informed us last year they want to make this an annual thing)

Old 06-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #438
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
At the moment, they're the pits, yeah.

They're relaunching again this year too (to be fair, they informed us last year they want to make this an annual thing)

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-conte...120fe2d2a7.jpg
wow! that is pretty cruddy!! but i wouldn't be at all surprised if DC doesn't follow the annual re-boot pattern as well?
Old 06-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #439
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Just read Green Arrow: Rebirth. It was great, loved the art, as well as the dynamic of Ollie and Dinah. And best of all, no Felicity Smoak in sight.

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 06-01-2016 at 06:31 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:39 PM   #440
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Just read Green Arrow: Rebirth. It was great, loved the art, as well as the dynamic of Ollie and Dinah. And best of all, no Felicity Smoak in sight.
If they bring in her character for a brutal death scene, I'll buy Green Arrow comics.

But eh. I'm all Green Arrowed out.

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman