The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #101
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Look at that first Raid movie, it has such a simple plot but it's insanely focused and the action helps tell the story instead of a mindless detour.
What did you think of The Raid 2? That had more of a story than the first one but also ramped up the action.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #102
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
What did you think of The Raid 2? That had more of a story than the first one but also ramped up the action.
It was fine, but I thought they lost momentum with adding so much to the story. Clearly they wouldn't and shouldn't just do a carbon copy of the first film, but I find myself getting more out of the first movie than anything.

If only a new TMNT film could have such incredible choreographed and realistic fighting scenes.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:33 AM   #103
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
Worse than that, the casual public thinks the TMNT are composed of four Michelangelos, Very annoying...
I've never heard anything like that before.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:44 AM   #104
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
It was fine, but I thought they lost momentum with adding so much to the story. Clearly they wouldn't and shouldn't just do a carbon copy of the first film, but I find myself getting more out of the first movie than anything.

If only a new TMNT film could have such incredible choreographed and realistic fighting scenes.
Realistic fighting scenes would have a lot of blood and gore, which is what happens when you have Ninjas fighting each other, But we'll never see that in a TMNT movie.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #105
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Realistic fighting scenes would have a lot of blood and gore, which is what happens when you have Ninjas fighting each other, But we'll never see that in a TMNT movie.
Well, if not realistic...better paced and more fluent. Something that doesn't feel as jerky and video game cut scene-ish as those Bay movies do.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #106
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I certainly have.

Quote:
I can dig that. Less is more.

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Last edited by THGhost; 02-11-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:45 AM   #107
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

I like the FW show just fine, but I still don't want all TMNT media to forever more be based off of it.

The general public was able to get past the Adam West Batman and accept more serious takes on him while still giving the wacky 60s version it's treasured place in pop-culture. Why can't it do the same with TMNT?
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #108
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I think the idea is that some people see the Turtles as pizza-loving amphibians that say "Cowabunga dude!" in surfer accents and don't necessarily see the distinct personalities.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #109
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I think the idea is that some people see the Turtles as pizza-loving amphibians that say "Cowabunga dude!" in surfer accents and don't necessarily see the distinct personalities.
This.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:21 PM   #110
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
But they do have distinct personalities, Michelangelo is the only one that sounded like a surfer dude.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #111
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Someone just needs to make a good tmnt movie that isn't afraid to show a little blood. Just do it.

It's like batman begins. They could have just let the franchise die forever or 'play ot safe' and continue with more Adam West shenanigans... or they could take a risk like Nolan and just do it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #112
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I know he wouldn't... but can you imagine a Christopher Nolan TMNT movie?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:52 PM   #113
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
But they do have distinct personalities, Michelangelo is the only one that sounded like a surfer dude.
Try telling those people that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That would be insane. Like del Toro though, he'd have to want to do it. No half-assing it. We've seen how half-assing it worked out with TMNT numerous times.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:41 AM   #114
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Like his Batman movies? Would that really still be a TMNT movie though? I mean, this is the guy who chose to get rid most of the sci-fi/fantasy elements of Batman. Ra's al Ghul wasn't immortal, Joker's skin wasn't bleeched, Bane didn't have a muscle enhancing drug, etc. What kind of TMNT movie do you get from that lense?

"You're dead, freaks!! Nobody trespasses on Purple Dragon turf and gets away with it... Especially when they're wearing stupid turtle costumes!"

"He's right... We're wearing costumes."

NOLAN AND GOYER'S TEENAGE COSTUMED NINJA HUMANS
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:29 AM   #115
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Nolan's films are better than most other Batman films tbh (still can't beat Batman Returns, that one is exceptionally amazing). He really did save the Batman franchise eventhough with a shaky start (Batman Begins was so boring and a snoozefest. Thank God for Heath Ledger in the sequel).

In ranking, I'd go like this.

Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice
The Dark Knight Rises
Suicide Squad - Short appearance
BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS
Batman
Batman Forever
BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD
BATMAN: YEAR ONE
Batman Begins
Batman & Robin
Batman: The Movie/Adam West

I'm sure Nolan can bring something great if he ever direct TMNT too.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #116
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I'd be keen on anyone with a good vision to really take control of the franchise. Unlike around 1994-2007, I think there's still enough momentum IP wise for TMNT that they'd want to get the ball rolling into another movie maybe in the next 2-3 years or so?

I mentioned this in the other PD thread, but I honestly feel like the next thing we'll get out the gate will be an animated film. I just wonder if Paramount and Nickelodeon were so caught off guard by the lack of return of investment for the sequel that they'd want to counter act that by going animated, so the production budget doesn't sky rocket again. Not that it'd be a bad thing, maybe they'd actually release an animated TMNT movie that'd be worth a damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Nolan's films are better than most other Batman films tbh (still can't beat Batman Returns, that one is exceptionally amazing). He really did save the Batman franchise eventhough with a shaky start (Batman Begins was so boring and a snoozefest. Thank God for Heath Ledger in the sequel).

In ranking, I'd go like this.

Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice
The Dark Knight Rises
Suicide Squad - Short appearance
BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS
Batman
Batman Forever
BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD
BATMAN: YEAR ONE
Batman Begins
Batman & Robin
Batman: The Movie/Adam West

I'm sure Nolan can bring something great if he ever direct TMNT too.
What a goofy and incorrect list. As much as I like Batman Returns and think it's even better than The Dark Knight Rises, there's no way that Batman Begins is this low or anything remotely considered a snoozefest.

BvS on the other hand....
Old 02-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #117
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Yeah, I'd be keen on anyone with a good vision to really take control of the franchise. Unlike around 1994-2007, I think there's still enough momentum IP wise for TMNT that they'd want to get the ball rolling into another movie maybe in the next 2-3 years or so?

I mentioned this in the other PD thread, but I honestly feel like the next thing we'll get out the gate will be an animated film. I just wonder if Paramount and Nickelodeon were so caught off guard by the lack of return of investment for the sequel that they'd want to counter act that by going animated, so the production budget doesn't sky rocket again. Not that it'd be a bad thing, maybe they'd actually release an animated TMNT movie that'd be worth a damn.
I've thought this for a while. An animated TMNT movie would be very welcome after the 2 recent live-action attempts. Maybe adapt something from the Mirage comics, or IDW?

Quote:
What a goofy and incorrect list. As much as I like Batman Returns and think it's even better than The Dark Knight Rises, there's no way that Batman Begins is this low or anything remotely considered a snoozefest.

BvS on the other hand....
Why are you lying? Stop lying. There's no way you actually believe this. I pretty much agree with the rest though.

Last edited by THGhost; 02-15-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #118
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I've thought this for a while. An animated TMNT movie would be very welcome after the 2 recent live-action attempts.
You mean that followed the animated TMNT before them that flopped? Won't happen.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #119
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
I've been wanting this for years! It'd be a miracle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Like his Batman movies? Would that really still be a TMNT movie though? I mean, this is the guy who chose to get rid most of the sci-fi/fantasy elements of Batman. Ra's al Ghul wasn't immortal, Joker's skin wasn't bleeched, Bane didn't have a muscle enhancing drug, etc. What kind of TMNT movie do you get from that lense?
The 1990 movie? The movie, aside from the turtles and Splinter, didn't really have any of the following that Nolan excluded from his trilogy. I think if he were to watch the film and try to do his own attempt while trying to exclude the flaws it had as well as the FW elements, we could have a pretty well done film. All it really takes is to show a director or writer the original film and hopefully will inspire them to take a crack at it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #120
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
You mean that followed the animated TMNT before them that flopped? Won't happen.
I've read this sentence numerous times and I'm still not quite sure what you mean. Maybe the wording is odd or it's just me.

If you mean an animated TMNT film based on the PD films, no. God no. An animated TMNT film in its own timeline released maybe a few years from now.

Last edited by THGhost; 02-13-2017 at 05:22 PM.