The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-27-2024, 02:40 PM   #1
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
What really puzzles me, its the way how lawmakers approach this whole thing.

They are trying to prohibit normal people from having guns, hoping that it will stop psychopaths and criminals from owning guns.

It doesn't make sense at all.
I'm telling you I've explained this here over the years and I'd argue that most people mistake the honest observation as some kind of unbacked vitriol because I'm not using purely academic language while smiling and nodding gently.

But here it is again - It's because they are appeasing the peasant-thinker constituency who are so f'n dumb and locked into their thought-modality that they will yield votes on empty actions from politicians, while crucifying a guy like Trump who got things done. Because the lawmakers who do what you've described deliver platitudes that makes the peasant thinker feel good, while Trump gets more done than anyone else but he is challenging and terse.

I'm telling you - it's not a joke - I've presented it here for years at a certain communication level to make the point to the most obtuse of reader. There are. More peasant-thinkers. Than there are kings. And politicians cultivate votes from the bottom-feeder population as much as possible while making the bottom-feeder feel like he is somehow a successful American.

Tale as old as time, dude. Kings point their peasant-thinkers at an enemy before their army. And the peasant-thinkers feel good about it. Another word for these people is "patsy". Nothing makes a peasant-thinker comply more than patronizing them without them knowing it, and nothing makes a peasant-thinker an eternal enemy than showing them their place in the heirarchy-of-thinkers.

There are peasant-thinkers here who probably think that when I say "peasant-thinker" I'm somehow making a statement about poor people rather than emotionally driven fools who compute the world through the simplest of impulses (e.g., I don't like Trump and so he is evil and my enemy). They think that because they are peasant-thinkers.

This was not a rant. It was an honest-to-God explanation.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 04:56 PM   #2
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
This was not a rant. It was an honest-to-God explanation.
In Russia such people called "Obyvatel" [o b i v a t e l].

Basically no-one of significance or particular intellect or convictions, who lives a very uneventful boring life, but thinks of himself as some great thinker, who is usually easily goaded by populists to support one cause or the other.

Effectively they are like cousins of SJWs, just without being activists or inherently supporting leftist "values", since they will support whatever make them feel good and smart at any given moment...
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
confirmation bias, government protect me, kill all men, take away my rights plz, the constitution rocks, victim cafe