The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-31-2017, 11:44 AM   #3061
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I noticed everything weird about the pre-Power Transfer build-up episodes, anticipating them became what I'd most look forward to in those span of weeks
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:54 AM   #3062
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I noticed everything weird about the pre-Power Transfer build-up episodes, anticipating them became what I'd most look forward to in those span of weeks
The only thing I noticed as a second grader was Tommy in green and the group wearing the same clothes from the final Green Ranger episode, Green No More Part 2.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:49 PM   #3063
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I did wonder why Zack had a flattop again after he started sporting dreads, and then go back to dreads again. I also noticed Jason sounding strange. Someone at school talked about that, and I thought I noticed it too. I think I was just in denial. Then I started to notice Rocky, Adam, and Aisha wearing red, black, and yellow respectively. I did know beforehand that Trini would be leaving in the second season, but I had no idea Jason and Zack would be too. I didn't notice the recycling of footage and doubles back then, and I was a HIGH SCHOOL SOPHOMORE.

So sometimes Jason, Zack, and Trini sounded like themselves, and sometimes not. It wasn't until I saw an episode during the reversioning in 2010, where I heard Jason say something that I remember him saying in "The Song of Guitardo" when morphed, that they might have recycled dubbed lines. That's when I decided to check past episodes to see if I could find more matches in the episodes where Jason, Zack, and Trini were still in even though their actors weren't.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:11 PM   #3064
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I did wonder why Zack had a flattop again after he started sporting dreads, and then go back to dreads again. I also noticed Jason sounding strange. Someone at school talked about that, and I thought I noticed it too. I think I was just in denial. Then I started to notice Rocky, Adam, and Aisha wearing red, black, and yellow respectively. I did know beforehand that Trini would be leaving in the second season, but I had no idea Jason and Zack would be too. I didn't notice the recycling of footage and doubles back then, and I was a HIGH SCHOOL SOPHOMORE.

So sometimes Jason, Zack, and Trini sounded like themselves, and sometimes not. It wasn't until I saw an episode during the reversioning in 2010, where I heard Jason say something that I remember him saying in "The Song of Guitardo" when morphed, that they might have recycled dubbed lines. That's when I decided to check past episodes to see if I could find more matches in the episodes where Jason, Zack, and Trini were still in even though their actors weren't.
One thing is for sure, they fooled us as children. I thought it was the White Ranger intro multi-parter then an episode where Jason fought a Lipstick monster and Tommy and the others fought a pocketbook monster. After that one the phase out set in. After just one normal Tommy as White Ranger episode. I could be wrong,but I thought I read that somewhere.

While the episode is brought up, why was there no zord battle in Song of Guitardo? It seemed odd plot wise for that to end normal sized.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:44 PM   #3065
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
One thing is for sure, they fooled us as children. I thought it was the White Ranger intro multi-parter then an episode where Jason fought a Lipstick monster and Tommy and the others fought a pocketbook monster. After that one the phase out set in. After just one normal Tommy as White Ranger episode. I could be wrong,but I thought I read that somewhere.
It could be because I woke from a nap a few minutes ago, but I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Quote:

While the episode is brought up, why was there no zord battle in Song of Guitardo? It seemed odd plot wise for that to end normal sized.
It's possible that there was no zord battle filmed for Guitardo. You might know that MMPR season 1 mostly gets its material from Zyuranger in Japan. Season 1 was intended to be 40 episodes long, but was extended 20 episodes since it was doing so well. By the 44th season 1 episode, they used all of Zyuranger's monsters, and a couple of them didn't have zord battles either. So Toei filmed 25 fight scenes that involved the Zyurangers and new monsters. Those were dubbed "Zyu2" by fans. "Something Fishy" was the first to use one of those monsters, and Zyu2 was used up until "Green No More". Other Zyu2 monsters that didn't have zord battles in PR were Bloom of Doom and Invenusable Fly Trap, but in 2014, they were two of nine Zyu2 monsters to have their full battle scenes revealed, and it showed that they did have zord battles filmed, except they never got used in PR. Guitardo wasn't one of those monsters who had its complete footage revealed. Some think it's possible that what we saw was all there was, since the way he was defeated was so unique, and the Pink and Green Rangers were shown celebrating their victory afterwards. Additionally, there are episode synopses for Bloom of Doom and Invenusable Fly Trap's episodes that make a mention of zord battles taking place, but never in the one for Guitardo's episode. When you come right down to it, Turban Shell is only giant-sized in its footage and never at normal size.

You might also remember Pumpkin Rapper from season 1, who was offed with just the Power Blaster, but its zord battle wasn't used until season 2.

For a better understanding, you can check out this link.

https://www.grnrngr.com/zyu2/

Last edited by Storm Eagle; 01-31-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:31 PM   #3066
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I could not remember the episode title, Two For One. I was under the impression that was the last episode with all six actors full participation. I was saying it was the episode right after White Light.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Two_for_One
Old 01-31-2017, 11:17 PM   #3067
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I could not remember the episode title, Two For One. I was under the impression that was the last episode with all six actors full participation. I was saying it was the episode right after White Light.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Two_for_One
In terms of physical appearance, it was actually "Opposites Attract". "The Beetle Invasion" was the last one where everybody was present, as well as did their dub sessions.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #3068
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
In terms of physical appearance, it was actually "Opposites Attract". "The Beetle Invasion" was the last one where everybody was present, as well as did their dub sessions.
So Saban has decided to replace Austin, Walter, and Thuy while the Green Ranger was still active? Which one is Opposites Attract?

It makes me wonder if Alpha Christmas special was a glitch or if it for a short time was pondered to keep the Green Ranger but replace half the team.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #3069
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
So Saban has decided to replace Austin, Walter, and Thuy while the Green Ranger was still active? Which one is Opposites Attract?

It makes me wonder if Alpha Christmas special was a glitch or if it for a short time was pondered to keep the Green Ranger but replace half the team.
"Opposites Attract" was right after "Two For One". Once Austin, Walter, and Thuy finished filming "Opposites Attract", ADR still had to be done on previous episodes. By the time they left, ADR needed to be done on "Welcome to Venus Island". Thuy Trang did her ADR work on that episode, but the other two didn't. After that, all three were gone and weren't around to do their ADR.

I just remembered a scene from "The Ninja Encounter part I", at the tournament, Jason, Zack, and Trini show up and don't even sit with the other three.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #3070
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
"Opposites Attract" was right after "Two For One". Once Austin, Walter, and Thuy finished filming "Opposites Attract", ADR still had to be done on previous episodes. By the time they left, ADR needed to be done on "Welcome to Venus Island". Thuy Trang did her ADR work on that episode, but the other two didn't. After that, all three were gone and weren't around to do their ADR.

I just remembered a scene from "The Ninja Encounter part I", at the tournament, Jason, Zack, and Trini show up and don't even sit with the other three.
I remember now that we have been discussing it, The Ninja Encounter storyline had Trini free the three teenagers and their mentor. That voice was clearly not Trini's. Also, the other three Tommy,Billy, and Kimberly were in the cave and Billy was unmasked so Tommy and Kimberly unmasked as well. Trini did not when she meet up with them when she had the sensi with them.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #3071
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:

Tommy was the White Ranger by the time those 3 left the show.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:32 PM   #3072
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I remember now that we have been discussing it, The Ninja Encounter storyline had Trini free the three teenagers and their mentor. That voice was clearly not Trini's. Also, the other three Tommy,Billy, and Kimberly were in the cave and Billy was unmasked so Tommy and Kimberly unmasked as well. Trini did not when she meet up with them when she had the sensi with them.
Trini didn't have a reason to take her helmet off. She left before Tommy, Kimberly, and Billy did. They only removed Billy's helmet to help him. Once they were caught, Tommy and Kimberly took their helmets off too. I still don't think they needed to. It was bad enough that just Billy got caught without his helmet.

There's something else about rangers being replaced. I used to think that when you started seeing less of one, that meant they'd be leaving soon. I figured Kimberly might be the next to leave once I saw a promo for the third season premiere, where all but Kimberly were present. Season 3 even started with Kimberly being apart from the others. Then there was the mention of her training for a gymnastics competition, and I figured that would have something to do with her leaving. My hypothesis didn't hold true for Aisha (unless this one promo for the latter two parts of "A Friend in Need" with just the four guys counts), but I had a feeling that Rocky would be leaving when he only appeared in ranger form in the final Zeo episode. Rocky had been away at martial arts camp, and he decided not to continue on as a ranger once Justin took his place since he claimed he'd be very busy with martial arts school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Tommy was the White Ranger by the time those 3 left the show.
I don't know if you've seen Alpha's Magical Christmas, but even though Rocky, Adam, and Aisha were briefly in it, they had Tommy in it as the Green Ranger.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:25 PM   #3073
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Watching these again I also remember how much I hated the American version of Tommy's chest armor. So bad.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:50 AM   #3074
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The first two movies will be re-released in one set on March 14th, and on two separate discs, unlike the first double feature release with one disc and a movie on either side.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers...=Power+Rangers

The official PR site now has a Ninja Steel section with character profiles. The ranger profiles mention their full names. Mick's full name happens to be Mick Kanic. They have one profile for Victor and Monty, but I'm surprised it doesn't mention their full names.

http://www.powerrangers.com/tv-show/...rs-ninja-steel
Old 02-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #3075
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
The official PR site now has a Ninja Steel section with character profiles. The ranger profiles mention their full names. Mick's full name happens to be Mick Kanic.

http://www.powerrangers.com/tv-show/...rs-ninja-steel
Hur hur hur
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #3076
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It's annoying that Power Rangers movie never have a blu ray/HD release. I can't stand crappy SD dvd quality.

I mean come on, even TMNT 1 is on blu ray. I can't even.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #3077
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It's annoying that Power Rangers movie never have a blu ray/HD release. I can't stand crappy SD dvd quality.

I mean come on, even TMNT 1 is on blu ray. I can't even.
A lot of other movies aren't on Blu-ray. Some think that the movies weren't shot in the condition that would be suitable to be presented in HD.

I was thinking that perhaps they'd get released on Blu-ray once the upcoming Power Rangers movie came out on home video (which may be in the summer or early fall). Now I'm not so sure, since 20th Century Fox is putting out the movies again in one set next month. If they were ever going to put them out on Blu-ray, that also would have been a good opportunity to do it.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:08 AM   #3078
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #3079
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's interesting reading the posts of the cast change of Season 2 I wrote about it here http://miscrave.com/articles/mmpr-s2/ though it's mostly from my previous observations a few pages back on this thread. I still believe The Ninja Encounter should've also done the power transfer.

Quote:
IIRC Alpha's Magical Christmas was filmed after the cast had left but they still hadn't found the replacements which is why they left it at the "oh there they are on the viewing globe" which was added/filmed after they found the replacements. As to why they used the Green Ranger it was because the VHS came out before the episode White Light came out and didn't want to ruin the surprise.

In continuity reasons as to why Tommy was Green after already getting the White Ranger powers if you remember correctly the powers of the Green Ranger were never depleted completely and Tommy only stopped using it since there was just too little left but he used it to save Christmas. Funaro's explanation was that Christmas magic re-energized the green rangers powers for that episode. I find it cool that in the Power Rangers Universe Santa Claus is real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
if it were ever going to happen it would've been now with the new film but it'll likely never happen now counting that physical media for movies is a dying format and there just isn't much money any more to release something as niche as MMPRTM.

However you can indeed watch MMPR:TM in HD as there are tons of movie channel rips online so it's not that the HD versions don't exist, they just don't find profitability in releasing a Blu-Ray disc of it. I'm not sure if Turbo has one but if it's ever been aired on movie channels then there should be an HD version out there as well.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:02 PM   #3080
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
OMFG that's sick

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904