The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

OK, that looks a little better to me.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #42
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Anyone else notice those white mechs have organic(kaiju) parts?
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:44 PM   #43
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I still hate the mech designs and how they move
Old 03-24-2018, 01:17 AM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hard to explain. It feels a lot... younger. A lot of emphasis on, you know, a kid genius who can build jaegers from scratch... that sort of thing. The first 20 minutes are a lot of her, and the actress is bad. So bad. The rest... is not so bad. The end kind of feels like something between the end of the Power Rangers movie and a Transformers movie.

Spoiler:
You can tell it was absolutely made for the Chinese (for those who forgot or who are unaware, Pacific Rim 1 pretty much tanked here, but made a LOT of money in China... which is the only reason we got a sequel). They kill of the Japanese character from the first one right away, there is a Chinese lady saving the day at every turn, and the climax is the arriving Kaiju totally decimating Japan.

China really hates Japan. It's like a big wish fulfillment movie for the Chinese. It's going to do gangbusters there, more than the first did probably.

The very ending of the movie is... yeesh. It's literally the ending of Independence Day: Resurgence. "We're gonna take the fight to YOU next time, evil aliens!" Come to think of it... there's a lot of similarities to Independence Day: Resurgence. Don't worry, it's not nearly that bad, though.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:33 AM   #45
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I saw it and I really enjoyed. I like the genius girl, much better actress then any of the cadets, in fact the story would have been much better without them. Was kind of messed up who the villain turned out to be but made sense.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dayofthecybercucking, pacific cuck