The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've also enjoyed playing pretty much all the Starfox games, even the ones that got poor reviews like Starfox Zero on Wii-U or Starfox Assault on Gamecube.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:56 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've also enjoyed playing pretty much all the Starfox games, even the ones that got poor reviews like Starfox Zero on Wii-U or Starfox Assault on Gamecube.
You know, I really love SNES Star Fox. Even after all these years, I still love its graphics and its soundtrack. I'm yet to beat that game in the hardest route, however.

But the Star Fox game I truly loved back in the day was SF64. I bought the 3D remake for the 3DS and... it's not as fun as I remembered it. And yes, I've turned off the godawful gyro controls. It was a sad day when I realised that Star Fox 64, which used to be one of my all time favourite games, was no longer even near as fun as it used to be.

Never played the GC SF games, but I have a copy of Assault lying around, and I don't own a Wii U. Hopefully SF Zero gets ported to the Switch someday.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Starfox64 3DS was an excellent remake, you must have just outgrown the game or something. The graphics and controls are great.

All Starfox is, is basically an arcade on-rails shooter in the first place. It harkens back to the old arcade games of the 80's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:03 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Starfox64 3DS was an excellent remake, you must have just outgrown the game or something. The graphics and controls are great.

All Starfox is, is basically an arcade on-rails shooter in the first place. It harkens back to the old arcade games of the 80's.
Thing is, I had not played it in years. As in not since... 2003? So you'd think I'd still enjoy it. But you know what? i beat it once and haven't played it ever again.

I used to play it very often when I was a kid. And somehow never got sick of it.

And excellent remake or not, I don't think anyone liked the gyro controls. Thank God you can tun those off. Or are you a fan of them?
Old 03-26-2017, 03:49 PM   #25
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
hey, come on now. Let's talk about video games only!

...but OK, I'll bite. I used to be a big Monopoly fan even though that game really isn't that great. You just gotta be lucky and land on the most expensive properties and you've basically won the game.
Actually I read that someone calculated that people are more likely to land on certain properties. Once my stepmum bought both Park Lane and Mayfair yet I still managed to win with my moderately priced properties because everyone kept landing on them.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 04:20 PM   #26
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

As a huge fan of the Counter-Strike games, I love Counter-Strike Condition Zero and Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes despite them being considered the titles that sucked among most of the fandom.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #27
sdp
-

Both Turok Dinosaur Hunter and Turok 2 have remasters on PC and they're awesome taking the best elements from the N64 and PC versions, the games may have plenty of flaws but man are they fun and deserve to be classics. I miss the old FPS that weren't all cinematics and you would get lost in the levels a la doom.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:33 PM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Both Turok Dinosaur Hunter and Turok 2 have remasters on PC and they're awesome taking the best elements from the N64 and PC versions, the games may have plenty of flaws but man are they fun and deserve to be classics. I miss the old FPS that weren't all cinematics and you would get lost in the levels a la doom.
Me and my brother seem to be the only two people on Earth who didn't like Turok back in the day much.