The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-17-2020, 02:53 PM   #1
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Foot Clan members?

In the original cartoon series, how many villains were actually members of "the honorable Foot Clan?"

On all the old toy packaging, they listed all the villains under the Foot's section (with some early neutrality exceptions in cases like Rat King). But I can't think of many references to "Foot Clan" or "the Foot" beyond the first season of the cartoon.

I don't think Krang ever associated himself with the Foot Clan's name. The Technodrome was his property by the time of the first episode. He became part of the Drome's "family" but I don't think "Foot Clan member" is an accurate title for him.

Shredder is the obvious leader, and I suppose Bebop and Rocksteady "joined" when they volunteered for Shredder's mutagen experiment (I think Shredder had a line of dialogue to that point in the 2nd episode). Other than that, it was a bunch of punk gang members who were hanging around in the Technodrome (got mutated eventually) and were never seen again.

In the first episode, Shredder ran that criminal building fronting itself as a Security Company, which seems to have had at least one human employee at the secretary's desk. Everyone else in the building appeared to be robotic Foot Soldiers, some of which escaped to the Technodrome when the building was destroyed.

Was anyone else in the series explicitly identified as an active member of the Clan besides Shredder and his two hench-mutants?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:12 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

The Foot Clan in the FW cartoon is more or less just Shredder. Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady are arguably "members" but in general everyone aside from Shredder is a robot, therefore not as much members as they are tools.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:13 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I don't think Bebop and Rocksteady were ever members of the Foot Clan, or any of the punks for that matter.

When they failed the first time around, Shredder states that "I should not have sent a punk to do a Ninja's job".

I take this as evidence that he didn't consider any of the punks to be Foot Clan members.

Having just an army of robots instead of humans makes sense because they can be mass produced, won't rebel and don't need to be trained.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:34 PM   #4
Galactus
Foot Elite

It seemed at some point between the expulsion of Hamato Yoshi and the turtles encountering the Shredder for the first time Saki had gotten rid of most if the members of the Foot and replaced them with robots.

I assume there is still some human Foot presumably in Japan as The Missing Map made it a point that there was some evidence that could prove Splinter's innocence and being the true leader of the clan. That would only matter if there was an actual non-robot Foot somewhere out there - then again it's curious if the turtles and Splinter had this evidence why they never used it to take control of the Foot.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:39 PM   #5
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
In the first episode, Shredder ran that criminal building fronting itself as a Security Company, which seems to have had at least one human employee at the secretary's desk.
What happened to that girl? Was she in the building that got destroyed? Did she die? Woah, that's pretty dark... RIP Dark Receptionist.

Last edited by ABrown; 09-18-2020 at 09:18 AM.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #6
Galactus
Foot Elite

Come to think of it Ninja Pizza was run by Shredder and they were all human employees. Presumably all the other Ninja themed businesses in that block all had human workers too.

But yeah I'm guessing that secretary was crushed.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:16 PM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yeah, that's all like.... 'first installment weirdness'. All those ninjas in the pizzeria and that receptionist were Foot Clan members, I would say, but then the Foot Soldiers were all robots?

So in the series the Foot Clan is just a name. It's basically just Shredder and his Foot robots. That one episode was weird because so many years later, without Shredder having an intentions of returning to Japan anyway... why would he care that there's proof that the he leads the clan through nefarious means?

Like even if the Foot, assuming a Japanese Foot even exists in the OT series, who cares? Even if they had a problem with it, Shredder can just send his army of Foot Soldier and be like "Yeah, so I betrayed Yoshi to lead the clan, any of you have a problem with it?" Cue all the Foot Bots aiming their guns at everybody.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:42 AM   #8
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I would've guessed something similar to what happened in 2012 happened, when we start the OT Shredder has been with Krang for a while so over the years Shredder just decided to replace most of his human foot soldiers with robots for whatever reason. I do think the foot clan was operating in some capacity like we saw in the pilot but Shredder likely didn't want to have simple humans go against mutant turtles so he never went back and always tried with other stuff since things had escalated.

We get a sense that the foot in the OT is not necessarily evil, they just do what the leader wants and thought Splinter was bad so maybe Shredder didn't want to risk that too much.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:58 AM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, that's all like.... 'first installment weirdness'. All those ninjas in the pizzeria and that receptionist were Foot Clan members, I would say, but then the Foot Soldiers were all robots?
In the first episode, it is implied that Shredder has most of the "Ninja District" of New York under his surveillance and control. But we never get even a hint of that network after the Manhattan Security building imploded.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-18-2020 at 10:42 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote