The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #41
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
WHO TOLD??!! LOL!! Heh, just from a few totally deserving @$$hats who ticked me off over the years. All completely justified- I swear!
Wow OK was gonna bum your tape measure but now I don't know. Haha

What's everyone talking about going to see?

Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #42
Bakushan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar_Raph View Post
Wish I could go. It would take a Miracle on 34th street to see TMNT/Vanilla Ice.

I'd rather see Miey play the drums then to see him dance.
If money is holding you back, ley me know. You say "I wish I could go", bu then "youd rather see Miley".

lol.

If you wanna come... let me know. I am feeling nice today and have an extra ticket.
Bakushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #43
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior

Who has met the Power Rangers?

Just asking. From my conversations on the phone with them they are super nice. Anyone here had the pleasure to meet them in person? What were they like?
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #44
Bakushan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Blond View Post
Just asking. From my conversations on the phone with them they are super nice. Anyone here had the pleasure to meet them in person? What were they like?
I see what you did there.
Bakushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #45
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakushan View Post
I see what you did there.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #46
Powder
So tired of this place

Mikey, not "Miley". I don't see how you can read a typo on a TMNT forum and your mind fills in the blanks with a trashy pop star before it does a ninja turtle.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #47
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
This really should be discussed on the Power Rangers thread, but what the hey. I met Austin St. John at a high school football playoff game way back in 2007 in Fairfax,Va. where he was then residing in his second career. My alum high school was in a final four playoff game that night and he was a paramedic on hand. A friend of mine pointed him out off to the side on the field before the game and he saw us staring from 10 ards away so he approached us and was like "yeah, its me, your favoirte red ranger!" We were like and went on for two to three minutes of small talk before too many people were around and he lowered his cap and went off to the side again. He signed my program.

Who have you talked to on the phone and how was that arranged? I know Jester got the incredible honor of talking to Raphael on the phone but nice. Mine was just a chance encounter no one would have expected. It was meeting him that triggered a nostalgic appreciation for the original six and Zedd. Unfortunately it would lead me to discover Thuy Trang's untimely passing.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #48
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
This really should be discussed on the Power Rangers thread, but what the hey. I met Austin St. John at a high school football playoff game way back in 2007 in Fairfax,Va. where he was then residing in his second career. My alum high school was in a final four playoff game that night and he was a paramedic on hand. A friend of mine pointed him out off to the side on the field before the game and he saw us staring from 10 ards away so he approached us and was like "yeah, its me, your favoirte red ranger!" We were like and went on for two to three minutes of small talk before too many people were around and he lowered his cap and went off to the side again. He signed my program.
I was just goofing on the OP.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...25&postcount=1
Old 12-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #49
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Oh,okay. That is what I get for jumping in the middle of the conversation and only reading the last post. That was dirty of you. Still it was awesome to think you see someone from tv years ago and it really is that person.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #50
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Mikey, not "Miley". I don't see how you can read a typo on a TMNT forum and your mind fills in the blanks with a trashy pop star before it does a ninja turtle.
Well....um...you see....

I did at first...but eventually knowing GR I made the connection.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #51
Noah13
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
In general, anybody with a rank below a Stone Warrior (500 posts) is pretty much a casual fan.
I have to disagree. I've personally spent the last few years building my own private wiki covering all the different TMNT incarnations.

I'm known at my office job at the TMNT nerd and have Turtles gear littered through my house. Being active on these forums isn't the scale of your TMNT nerdness/geekness/obsession/hardcoreness
Old 12-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #52
Powder
So tired of this place

Word, there are people here with under 100 posts or no account at all who are legit hardcore fans. While being an active member here certainly says something about you as a fan, the inverse does not necessarily do the same.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #53
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Word, there are people here with under 100 posts or no account at all who are legit hardcore fans. While being an active member here certainly says something about you as a fan, the inverse does not necessarily do the same.
Neither, necessarily, is knowing about s**t nobody else cares about.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #54
Powder
So tired of this place

Do you mean to tell me that knowing KE/PL ate mac & cheese while working on the first few issues doesn't entitle me to a green medal? My gosh, life is without meaning.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #55
ABrown
Banned

Every franchise has something that it's least proud of. TMNT has the Next Mutation series and its crossover with Power Rangers.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #56
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I am also from Northern VA (Herndon/Fairfax) and remember when he was in the area. I had heard he was a paramedic, but he reportedly worked in a local mall in my area as well, but I never went looking for him. Would've been cool to meet him though.

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #57
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I am one of them! I only recently discovered this awesome site so my post # isn't that high yet. However, I've been a fan of TMNT since the earliest of days! I can remember seeing the ad for the #1 issue in the mid-80's and although I didn't buy it (I wish I had) I did start collecting the Mirage books shortly after. I bought the Dark Horse miniatures back then (which I believe may be the earliest, IF NOT FIRST collectables ever released). I watched the cartoon (even though I was practically 18 when it aired and it wasn't really 'cool' to watch kids toons at that age). I didn't buy the figures as they were released, but did buy them for my nephews and both of the boys always wanted me to play with them. Now, decades later I am collecting the NICK figures and accessories as well as going back and buying up all the old vintage figures for myself to display in a nice glass case. I now have a 5 year old stepson and 1 year old baby that both love the turtles! I know their collections will continue to grow, as will mine.

I may not be THE BIGGEST FAN in the world, but TMNT definitely holds a place in my heart. As a 44 year old male I can enjoy them now as much as I did as a teen when I first heard about them. I look forward to collecting the new stuff, the old stuff, and await each new episode like I'm a kid again!

And with that said.... my posting count just got a +1. I guess I'm one step closer to being the ultimate fan!! (haha)!!

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
next mutation, power rangers