The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #41
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
I don't really get why you would want to buy a PSP movie. The movies are insanely expensive. Their either the same price as a normal DVD or they cost more. Espcially if it's an older movie. I don't know if the PSP movies have extras but either way still to much for a mini DVD you can't even watch on your TV.
Exactly. I could understand if it was a movie you really love...MAYBE, but I just think the UMD's are completely worthless. Why pay the same or more for a disc without special features and you can only watch on a tiny screen? What's the point?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:16 PM   #42
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Especially when running that disc will burn out the battery before the end of most all movies. It's pointless.

Now, if they were half the price of DVD's, seeing as they are half the quality and missing the extras, it would be a deal. But as it is, they are charging for the fact that it can go in your pocket. No way in hell, thank you, goodbye. UMD's are worthless.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #43
BartAllen
Banned

Well. I cant speak for the next gen or anything like that, because i dont have the knowledge or the drive to care about them, but i will say that my nintendo system still works. while my PS1 is more or less a paper weight. My super nintendo is still played on atleast a weekly basis too.

and im not a brand loyalist. I like all the systems. but i will say that the nintendo people seem to actually put out a product that works. and stays working. just my 2 cents. Not trying to step on any toes.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:30 AM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

Remember how in the early 2000's people thought Nintendo was doomed?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:53 AM   #45
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I like Nintendo and Mario and stuff but when it basically became the 'Mario' console above all else, I jumped ship.

I mean Nintendo made bank with Mario and Link, sure but it also built itself with the Castlevanias, Contras and so forth during the 8-bit era and Street Fighter played a big hand in the SNES beating the Genesis for a while. Seeing the Nintendo 64 abandon most if not all of those properties to just focus on Mario and Yoshi and what-have-you killed my buzz and made me go to the Playstation that would continue on with Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Darkstalkers, etc.

Same with Game Cube and the Wii, the Wii U and now the Switch. Most of the games I care about are PS4 exclusives or will come mega-late for the Switch. Every time someone talks about some cool game there's the one dude in the back saying 'what about the Switch?' I'm like 'what ABOUT the Switch? Sorry you didn't get a PS4?'

I'm not saying Nntendo will go away. It can obviously live off just Mario and Pokemon and what-have-you on their own. I just have no interest into buying another Nintendo console unless they bring in all the other series I care about too.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:06 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nintendo has 15-20 different franchises on Switch (and consoles before it), it's far from just Mario/Pokemon.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:22 PM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nintendo has 15-20 different franchises on Switch (and consoles before it), it's far from just Mario/Pokemon.
Still, the majority is still Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and all the crossover games.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-13-2021, 12:31 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well Nintendo has always missed the majority of big third party games each gen, its been like that since the N64 days so we're all used to it by now.

But in terms of just Nintendo games:

Mario has Odyssey, 3D All-stars, 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Paper Mario: Origami King, Luigi's Mansion 3, Yoshi's Crafted World, Mario Maker 2, New Super Mario U, and the various sports/party games.

Zelda has Breath of the Wild, Link's Awakening, Hyrule Warriors 1 and Age of Calamity, and more remasters and Breath of the Wild 2 on the way

Pokemon has Sword/Shield and Let's go Pikachu/Eevee

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze is on Switch

Animal Crossing, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Xenoblade 2, Smash Bros, Pikmin 3, Kirby Star Allies, Bayonetta 1-2, etc.

Only Nintendo franchises not on Switch yet is Metroid but its coming, and besides the current dead franchises like Starfox, F-zero, Kid Icarus and Punchout until Nintendo decides to revive them again.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:31 PM   #49
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Cubed...why do you feel the need to be a necromancer?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:39 PM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!

*Altered Beast theme starts to play*

Old 01-21-2021, 01:50 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've been playing NES and Mario since I was 3 years old in 1988 and I will die with a Nintendo contoller in my hand (or by then, full virtual reality), when I'm 95.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:15 PM   #52
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
I've been playing NES and Mario since I was 3 years old in 1988 and I will die with a Nintendo contoller in my hand (or by then, full virtual reality), when I'm 95.
You should be pretty close to that age by now, right?

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:06 AM   #53
Ninjinister
無問題

lmao I didn't see the date and thought this was a new topic but then I saw people mention the "Revolution" and I was like "waiiiit...."
Old 03-12-2021, 08:25 PM   #54
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
lmao I didn't see the date and thought this was a new topic but then I saw people mention the "Revolution" and I was like "waiiiit...."
Yeah, that was the Wii's codename. I had totally forgotten about that.

Anyway, I do t think I've ever thought Nintendo was going to die. But the early 2000s were quite surreal with the PS2 crushing its competition and the GameCube not even being able to outsell the original Xbox. I didn't Nintendo would bounce back with the DS and the Wii a few years later.

The Wii U's poor sales performance reminded me of the GameCube somewhat but the console didn't stay that long in the market and I didn't even buy it anyway. I was focused on the 3DS.

And Coola, most people primarily buy Nintendo systems to play their first party titles. Just like people did for Sega consoles back in the day as well. Ofc having a strong 3rd party line-up is also advisable but it didn't hurt my enjoyment of the GameCube, even though it had way less games than the PS2. Sure, it was a shame I had to get a PS2 to play games like Tekken and Final Fantasy, but anyway, the Switch has a lot of 3rd party content, so I don't know why you're being dismissive of it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:38 PM   #55
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Nintendo has so much money in the bank they could survive various generations of consoles flopping worse than Wii U. They hoard money which actually isn't a great strategy since they could be making more money if they invested in other ventures.

Quote:
We have virtual reality now.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:46 PM   #56
Prowler
Emperor

With both older 2d and 3d games and collections containing such games getting released for every platform available nowadays, I don't think Nintendo will ever shoot themselves in the foot again with a system like N64 with so little 3rd party support.

On the Nintendo Switch you can play the original FF7 plus remastered versions of FF8, 9, 10, X-2 and 12. Not to mention you can play games like LA Noire, The Witcher 3, Skyrim and Bioshock. And ofc you can buy older Castlevania and Mega Man games as well.

Did you expect back in, I dunno, 2007, to be able to play games like most of the ones mentioned above on a Nintendo console AND on the go as well?! Seriously, the fact you can play games like Skyrim and THE WITCHER 3 on a train ride or at a bus stop is quite impressive. I didn't expect to see such games being available to play on the go so soon.

Yes, OK, the Switch battery life could be better but it's not like it's 5 minutes long. If you fully charge it before leaving the house you can play such games on a short trip or whole you wait for the bus or at the doctor's office. It's not like you'll be waiting 8 hours.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote