The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Things you hate in games

As much as we like games in this section there's always things that annoy us or that we seriously dislike about them. I'll start:

Water levels: a classic most seem to hate. Rarely do I play a water level I enjoy. It's just annoying to have slower movements and being unable to attack or have your attacking options limited.

Long unskippable cutscenes: OK, I get it that I gotta watch ti the first time, but if I die in that level or against that boss and need to start over why the hell should I be forced to sit through the cutscene again?!

Missions where you gotta follow a car without being seen/noticed: Yeah Sleeping Dogs and GTA sort of games love these. I don't mind car chases but having to drive slow and keeping a fairly long distance away from a car is annoying.

Having to fight several bosses in a row without checkpoints in-between them or being able to refill your health: Like Hyperstone Heist in the Gauntlet level. 4 goddamn bosses in a row UGH

Boring long loading screens: Some games need some time to load every time we start them up such as Europa Universalis because they gotta load the maps and such. It'd be less boring if I could read some tips or some sentences during those 3 minute long loading screens instead of just looking at an 18th century knight on top of his horse whilst I wait for the game to fully load.

When a game doesn't give you the option of turning on subtitles during cutscenes: My English is quite good for a non-native speaker but sometimes the character might have a tough accent to understand or I might miss a word or two. Not to mention I tend to pay more attention to what I read than to what I hear.

What about you? What are some gripes you have?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote