The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #61
BuzzCity
Mouser

These releases not being put out on blu ray is getting ridiculous.
BuzzCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #62
Mr Null
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I'd only want this for the bonus features. That aside, I don't get what the big deal is with Blu-ray anyway. As long as I can understand what I'm seeing on screen, I have no complaints.

Then again...it'll probably take me a long time before I can get into Blu-ray or jump on the Blu-ray bandwagon. It took me years before I was accepting of DVDs and was fine with VHS tapes.
I brought it yesterday. So far the bonus features on the first 2 discs are crap. disc 1 had a really short making of a scene and disc 2 had a mini comic. Pathetic so far.
Mr Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:51 AM   #63
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Null View Post
I brought it yesterday. So far the bonus features on the first 2 discs are crap. disc 1 had a really short making of a scene and disc 2 had a mini comic. Pathetic so far.
That sounds very underwhelming. No interviews with cast and crew I presume.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #64
Mr Null
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
That sounds very underwhelming. No interviews with cast and crew I presume.
No. I just checked discs 3 and 4. And its more of that same comic from disc 2. They may as well have put nothing on it. Underwhelming is spot on.

May just be a region 4 thing. We always get jibbed on special features.
Mr Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #65
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The question is who hasn't bought these things already? I see no reason to get this set unless my discs get warped or something. And I don't intend on waiting for next year or so for the season 2 complete set.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #66
Green Machine
Hench Mutant

Ugh....sounds lame. I'm glad I've been buying the HD versions from Amazon as they come out. I can stream them to my TV whenever I want. If they made blu-ray I'd be tempted.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #67
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The question is who hasn't bought these things already? I see no reason to get this set unless my discs get warped or something.
*ehem*
This set is for people like me who stayed patient and didn't break down and just bought it. I'm sure there are more like me.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #68
evan2000
Stone Warrior

I just came back from Australia and bought this 4-disc set while I was there.

Apparently it is called First Mutations in Region-4 (Australia) instead of The Beginning in Region-1 (US). Here are some photos of it:

Compared to the individual releases, you lose the biography of each turtle printed at the rear of the DVD cover, as well as the free poster/comic that was included in some limited edition individual releases. In addition, I found that some special features are missing too. Not sure if the US version will be the same, but there are certainly less content on the Australian set I got. Check out these screen caps of the DVD menus (US individual releases at top row, Australian 4-disc set at bottom row):

I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, the US DVD is encoded in 720x480 @ 23.976 fps while the Australian DVD is encoded in 720x576 @ 25 fps, so it uses more space and had to omit some special features to fit in one DVD? Hopefully if that's the case, the US set may well have all the original contents intact
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:05 AM   #69
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

i say meh. i already gotrise of the turtles, enter the shredder, and ultimate showdown a few months back when target had a sale and cut down the price, one of them being rise of the turtles and enter the shredder 2pack for 9:99 previous price being 14:99 same as ultimate show down, 14:99 to 9.99

today target had sale again, mutant mayhem and the good, the bad, and the Casey Jones for 7:99 instead of 9:99. and i patiently waited for the right moment for target to put them on sale. i already have season 1 and half of season 2. just need to wait for them to release the newest disk to contain the recent episodes. i dont really need to wait for season one and two. i ain't gonna bother with that. i rather get whats out now, and have them in my possession to add to my 80s and 2003 series collection. i hope to hear news that will have The Manhattan Project, Part 1 The Manhattan Project, Part 2 Mazes & Mutants The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman Newtralized! Pizza Face The Wrath of Tiger Claw

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:17 AM   #70
Hero
British Bloke

First disc set for season 4?

Must catch up with the region 2 releases. We have that First Mutations set in the UK minus the PG stickers. £8.75 on amazon UK.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #71
ShellShock
Random Punk

I wonder why there isn't an Amazon pre order for this yet. I own Rise of The Turtles and Enter The Shredder but I will definitley be getting this when it's listed on Amazon.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #72
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Ugh....sounds lame. I'm glad I've been buying the HD versions from Amazon as they come out. I can stream them to my TV whenever I want. If they made blu-ray I'd be tempted.
Yep, this is what I do. I'm just waiting for the second half of season 2 to be over so I can buy it in one shot. There are still several episodes I have yet to see.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote